ChristianEriksen - Beautiful play

Just out of curiosity, are the pi's for the RCM the same now hes a B2B? Im still using the PI's u mentioned on page 424 and a lot of success with it. Just wondering if i can squeeze a bit more from my CM's.

Altho atm, my RPM doesnt seem to have good match ratings so i was thinking if i had a B2B it might help him out a bit and make his performances better. At present i have Lucas Romero as my RPM and GG Romero as my RCM and which ever of the 2 i play as RPM, only has an average performance.

Just out of curiosity, are the pi's for the RCM the same now hes a B2B? Im still using the PI's u mentioned on page 424 and a lot of success with it. Just wondering if i can squeeze a bit more from my CM's.

Altho atm, my RPM doesnt seem to have good match ratings so i was thinking if i had a B2B it might help him out a bit and make his performances better. At present i have Lucas Romero as my RPM and GG Romero as my RCM and which ever of the 2 i play as RPM, only has an average performance.

GG Romero as B2B works great. He has fantastic Stamina (at least in my save currently 17-18).

All the PIs should be with the tactic but they are for the B2B:

Shoot less
Dribble Less
Fewer Risky passes
Cross from deep.
Move into channels
Close down much more.

Remember though, as Christian always says and repeats in his OP, you have to tinker according to your players. So if your player has fantastic dribbling then let him dribble!

The reason I don't is because my player isn't good at it, but also because I worry about him trying to dribble from a defensive position, when the midfield from the opposition is bearing down on him and he could lose position and (if we are countering) we could be overrun in defence.

Last edited:
Remember though, as Christian always says and repeats in his OP, you have to tinker according to your players. So if your player has fantastic dribbling then let him dribble!

In the 20 years ive been playing Football Manager and Championship manager, there has always been some form of tinkering required. But imo its just common sense that to get the best out of players, you have to get them to do what they are best at. I mean, you wouldnt put your worst penalty taker on spot kick duty would you ? :P

What OI's to use with the latest V21?
And do you use both 3 strikers and regular? and how do you know wich of the two tactics to use?

Well, that seemed to work. Changed my RCM to a B2B with

Shoot less
Dribble less
Tackle Harder
Fewer Risky Passes
Move into Channels
Close Down Much More

..as his crossing was naff, i left that out

1st game using those changes seemed to give my RPM (Lucas Romero) more freedom to do his thing

View attachment 313209

Table and results this season. Started using v19 press with Tony's PI's since the QPR match

View attachment 313208View attachment 313207

Last edited:
Well, that seemed to work. Changed my RCM to a B2B with

Shoot less
Dribble less
Tackle Harder
Fewer Risky Passes
Move into Channels
Close Down Much More

..as his crossing was naff, i left that out

1st game using those changes seemed to give my RPM (Lucas Romero) more freedom to do his thing

View attachment 743001

Nice result. I have my left CM set as Attacking CM but might change him back. I'm still finding the right blend.

I guess its like you mentioned Christian said, look at the players strengths and set him PI's that complement them and the tactic your playing.

Holy smoke, your striker really knows how to score. I've got Aboubakar and Gabbiadini in my QPR team (2nd. season) and they barely score.. :(

Set your striker to something he's really good at and MAKE SURE in PI that Shoot Less is turned off.

I play mine as an F9 with shoots less, tackle harder, roam and close down much more.

Simple reason hes an F9 is because hes a determined work horse with high fitness and is also a team player. If you look at the best stats for an F9, he has anything from 12-16 in all of those

Well, with the V19 tactic I never had troubles winning games or scoring goals. With the V21 tactic, I'm winning most games by onl 1 goal, losing the big games and my striker scores every 3rd game.

It simply ain't working for me.

Well, with the V19 tactic I never had troubles winning games or scoring goals. With the V21 tactic, I'm winning most games by onl 1 goal, losing the big games and my striker scores every 3rd game.

It simply ain't working for me.

Have a look at your players and see if the PIs match their abilities.

Last edited:
Back