ChristianEriksen - Beautiful play

hello.. i just wonder what version works best with smaller team?? like teams in League 2 and under.. thanks in advice

Hello ChristianEriksen, there is something you can add to your homepage. I've been using your tactic, on home games, against bigger teams, changing only the mentality to counter. This allows your team to have more possession and exploit the opponents fierce attacks. It seems to only work on home games against bigger teams, and home / away against smaller / same reputation teams. It allowed me the following results:

5-1 vs Atlético Madrid
4-0 vs Barcelona
4-1 vs Real Madrid
3-0 vs AS Monaco

Hey! How do you know if the opponent plays long balls or not based on the scout report? Most tactics seems to need you to change between press or drop based on that. I attached a screenshot of a report, could someone be kind enough to explain what the numbers mean to me on a very basic level?View attachment 311380

Hey! How do you know if the opponent plays long balls or not based on the scout report? Most tactics seems to need you to change between press or drop based on that. I attached a screenshot of a report, could someone be kind enough to explain what the numbers mean to me on a very basic level?View attachment 747219
It shows the preffered assist location/type of your opponent based on his previous matches in the season of goals he both scored (green) and received (red). This screen shows your opponent is more likely to assist a goal by pass (18) and that he isn't likely to try long balls to score (0) -> play press version rather than drop. Hope that helps a bit

Koen there is one tweak you posted, you said "go to flanks with ball" for FB&WB.. I believe you translated it yourself, so i just wanna know, is it "run wide with ball" or "stay wider" actually ?

It shows the preffered assist location/type of your opponent based on his previous matches in the season of goals he both scored (green) and received (red). This screen shows your opponent is more likely to assist a goal by pass (18) and that he isn't likely to try long balls to score (0) -> play press version rather than drop. Hope that helps a bit

That did help a bit!:)
Roughly how many green long balls compared to green passes would warrant to use the drop tactic?

Roughly how many green long balls compared to green passes would warrant to use the drop tactic?
That's hard to guess and I think that the best advice would be for you to try stuff and make a judgement based on your experience and feelings and defence (if it's very slow, it would tempt me more to play the drop version) but if you want a number, i'd say if it's 40% of passes and more... I tend to play with "press" most of the time and switch it if i meet someone like Stoke or with extremely big/pacy guys up front. But that's just what works for me...

Last edited:
In the VX version we use one IF and one winger, and two CM (automatic)? Should we use a wingback and on the other side a fullback? I'm not quite understanding..

For the first season that i'm use VX Tactics With Small Team i finished at 12th position with 67 points it works pretty well on first half of season but after 20 matchs i lost more and concede goal very fast more often and can't take goal back as well

now i'm try to test again with a little change and take new player to the club and i will report back later

Well, you will probably find at some point the opposition team will use long balls if you take a lead against them and they start to get desperate. When you see in game the message "xx team change to their usual style", it means they are changing tactics mid game. So be prepared to try and counter what they do. So i would personally presume that altho it may not be their main form of attacking, they will probably do it at some point.

All you do for that is drop your D-line deeper.

From my own personal experience, i've found, when you score a goal, if you do not change any of your team or player instructions, most good teams will then make a CCC's or score a goal right after you have. I've conceeded a large amount of CCC's or goals, right after i have just scored myself.

Here's an example.

View attachment 311291

I go 3-1 up from a free kick and right from the kick off, they pull a goal back and make it 3-2 because i didnt alter my team instructions to counter them trying to go at me right away, thus, they scored.

Its not always like that as i have had occasions where i have scored 2 or 3 unanswered goals b4 they make a CCC/goal, which in fairness has always been against weaker or out of form teams. If im playing a good team, i always prefer to play under the presumption that the AI team will go at me right after conceeding.

Last edited:
STILL GOING.. INCREDIBLE!

DOWNLOADLINK: VX TACTICS - TEST PACK
(No new link, just the one from two pages back)

Okay, for the 100.000st time.. Use DROP against teams who play the long ball, PRESS against teams who play short passing and use HOLD for the last minutes of the game when you need to HOLD THE LEAD. Simple!

And Koen.. how is your season going?

View attachment 744487 View attachment 744489 View attachment 744492

Hi Christian,

Where can I see the " passing game " of future opponents ???

Whats latest version of this tactic? and whats the best? still working in latest patch? ty in advance:).

Maybe it would be useful to share 'team talks' succesfully employed in diferent match situations.

For example, if you are wining and you want to ensure result or if you are loosing and you want to improve attack.

In OP Christian wrote this:

Match talks in-game and at half-time
Match talks are pretty important for the continue of the game. Most of the time I don't say a work and I just click to begin the second half. You still can use team talks, but you have to know sure you're good at it. Otherwise you will afflect the match result in a bad way. But, after I don't say any word I emmediately go to 'team talks' in-game I select 'encourage', 'contrate' or 'press forward'. I use these team talks like 3 to 4 times a match, mostly at the end of the game.

But I think we can complete this info.

PS: What means CCC goals?

Hi guys.
I'm testing the 4-2-3-1.
I've played 6 matches, 2 with Italy and 4 with Roma.
In 6 match I've won 2 times 5-2 and one time 6-2, maybe a coincidence? idk
In some matches the opponent has too much CCC.
I've underlined the CCC number.

75sCMqz.png

And this maybe the worst match i've played

7X1IVWM.png

In the next days maybe I'll try it with a smaller team on the first year too se how it works :D

Back