ChristianEriksen - Beautiful play

how can i see on the scout report if they prefer longballs or short passing?? hope someone can explain it for me so i understand =) thanks in advice

ChristianEriksen in v19 I changed RMP to Anchor man as you said in a post for less goals, and If I change the f9 ti AF I have to change PI?

Last edited:
I have the exact same problem, more specifically, my I loose/draw because of late goals, even though I switch to the "Hold"-tactic when ahead and around the 80th minute mark, come to think about it, perhaps I shouldn't.

Certain things i do at times if i am holding on to a 1 goal lead for the last 10 mins (this is using v19 tho :p), Change some PI's such as add in "Close down much more", "Be more disciplined", "Stick to positions". This "should" give you more solidity. You can also change to counter, Defend or contain and add in "waste time".

And finally, using team talks such as Concentrate - Assertively when you are under pressure can be a great help 2

Altho a lot of times, i just press for a 2nd goal, as they say, Attack is the best form of defence :)

Hope this has been some help for you

Last edited:
I have the exact same problem, more specifically, my I loose/draw because of late goals, even though I switch to the "Hold"-tactic when ahead and around the 80th minute mark, come to think about it, perhaps I shouldn't.

(V19, still not tested V20 or VX enough to see)
When I'm up by one I usually switch to a more defensive tactics around 75-80 minutes depending on my ball possession. If I'm still dominating the game there's no reason to go very defensive and let them touch the ball, I just try to retain possession and stick to control mentality, perhaps play more disciplined and dropping my defense deeper if they seem to try long balls. If they start to take over the game I switch to counter mentality, change my full backs to defend, RPM(S) to A(D), wingers to W(S) and retain possession unless I'm being completely mauled. Sometimes it's better to play a more direct passing game and untick play out of defence, since if you can't put simple passes together you're better off playing it long and hoping your striker can keep hold of the ball and give your team a chance to push up. Generally when I go to a counter mentality I push my defensive line higher and play the offside trap to keep my team as compact as possible. In the last few minutes (88th and on) you might want to go defensive/contain and waste time as AllanT said, but it can be risky to do too early.

I have lost the lead late very few times employing this mentality even when facing tougher opponents.

A last tip that worked really well last year and that still seems useful in some matches is to have your wingers man mark their wingers the last 10 minutes, it'll likely reduce your attacking force but it'll prevent your wingers/IFs from staying forward. Beware of side effects though, it'll leave their full backs with more space for early crosses and if your wingers are insanely poor at marking it might not be the best move either.

Last edited:
Starting save with Chelsea, have Willian on the right winger position, want a back up or someone to challenge him for his place. any suggestions? Using V20. ty in advance:)

ok finished the first season with Sheffield Utd.
here are the results:
View attachment 310541View attachment 310540View attachment 310539

what to say: one atomic bomb could not do so much damage in the "League 1" as this Sheffield Utd !!! ;)
used the V19 the whole Season with the first opposition instructions that you post.

only 4 losses (2 of them against manchester utd. and liverpool)

advice 1- keep your players happy, as you can see on Red Square 1, I had a series of bad results, I discussed with Baxter (because I sold a young player and he did not like) and then 4 or 5 players of my team also were with the low morale because they said that Baxter was right.

advice 2 - (red square 2) do not play football manager all night because you'll be tired and do stupid things like changing formation without putting players in the right positions :)

Starting save with Chelsea, have Willian on the right winger position, want a back up or someone to challenge him for his place. any suggestions? Using V20. ty in advance:)

any player in the game will do...
Man you are using chelsea..

I made a 4-2-3-1 tweak of christian eriksens tactic, won the sky best championship with millwall and next year in Prem, 3rd place... with a championship team

Do you even need to ask for advice about anything while using Chelsea? and even such a simple advice as buying a new player with that budget you had?
If you were newly promoted to the Premier League with Yeovil town..

you can win the league with chelsea with the default formation ffs

any player in the game will do...
Man you are using chelsea..

I made a 4-2-3-1 tweak of christian eriksens tactic, won the sky best championship with millwall and next year in Prem, 3rd place... with a championship team

Do you even need to ask for advice about anything while using Chelsea? and even such a simple advice as buying a new player with that budget you had?
If you were newly promoted to the Premier League with Yeovil town..

you can win the league with chelsea with the default formation ffs

Jesus.... intense much? Just a question. Guess your just trolling looking for a forum fight. Good luck with that, hope someone bites. I'm off to win the league with a default formation:)

Jesus.... intense much? Just a question. Guess your just trolling looking for a forum fight. Good luck with that, hope someone bites. I'm off to win the league with a default formation:)
The forum has turned into 100s of Pep Guardiola's

If Pep Guardiola is a massive F**k Knuckle..... then yes I agree:P lol

Then what are you for calling me such a thing just cause I expressed my opinion? Are you any better then my friend? :)

But yeah, In a way, its just a game and what people find amusing in it is individual and so on
If its your thing taking over a top side, right away ripping other peoples game breaking tactics, and even asking for advices what players to buy, if that floats your boat then sure (not being sarcastic here)

Ill go Canadian for a minute saying "sorry" here then
Play the game however you like
Peace

I had the same idea about the 4-2-3-1 tactic.
Playing the central midfield like, CDM, LCM, RCAM.
ended up smashing a few teams with my Crystal palace side but found it inconsistent.
I think the key is the playmaker at the CDM position, I used an anchor

great job christian I will take some inspiration for my 4-2-3-1

Back