ChristianEriksen - Beautiful play

How are people finding the corner instructions for V21 to work out?
I've scored two goals in roughly (estimate, usually 5-10 per match) 100 corners, but I still see a highlight or two from corners every match with blocked or saved shots. My DM and CMs used to score the majority of the goals through shots from the penalty spot following corners but it never seems to happen anymore.

I find this as well. The corner approach hasn't worked as consistently since the last match engine adjustment. There are just more blocked shots from within and just outside the box. So the scoring chances are still be converted, but they are less frequently becoming an actual shot on goal.

It might help to spend time on attacking set pieces as match preparation.

To be honest every team I play parks the bus. Every single **** one. It's like pinball machine in the penalty box.

First season. Media prediction: 10th.

tHDge8f.png

There are 3 files on v21.

Which tactic we select?

Eriksen, Can you explain?

Last edited:
There are 3 files on v21.

Which tactic we select?

Eriksen, Can you explain?

Really? Did you even read the OP?
Some people....
D-line play

Most of you already know of the D-line (defensive line) tweak. This is an easy tweak to be 'harmless' against the long ball from the opposition. There are several ways to see if the oppsotion is using the long ball whether or not. A few days before the match you will recieve a scouting report. That scout repots shows which most common assist type the opposition is using. You can also play the match and see how the opposition plays. Don't forget, otherwise you will get smashed by long balls. That's the reason why there is a PRESS and a DROPP version. It's not because of the strength of the opposition, but because of the opposition plays the long ball whether or not. PRESS against short passing oppositions and DROP against opposition who use the long ball or direct passing!

Just finished a pretty legendary season with Sheffield United, all using V19. Was so close to being one of the best seasons of all time, but look:

View attachment 308005 View attachment 308004

Won the Premier League with an all-time record for points. Also, look at that goal differential. Not just won, destroyed. Won the FA Cup, Capital One Cup, and Super Cup. Lost in the finals of the Club World Cup, Community Shield, and Champions League (in penalties to f****g Man U).

To give you a better idea of my league domination, look at the league stats:

View attachment 308003

Top scorer (and I rested him about 5 matches at the end of the season since we had already won the league). Top 4 average rating are all on my team, two players in top 4 of assists, 2nd in clean sheets and I often rotated my keepers.

All in all, I'd say there's no reason for me to ever stop using V19 (until they patch the game). Great work!

Hey, i just loving this thread. remembering when the "TBH"/The better Half thread back in the FM 2011/12/13.
I just wandering, in 1st Half my team always giving a lead. in the 2nd half my team always lose and giving the ball to opponent.
Please tell me what was wrong? im using the V21..

Half time against Swansea and Spurs!
this tactic is just OP against big teams! had 2 or 3 Draws against mid sides, but i have won every single game against top sides.

eB0DhY6.jpg

Zd16yF8.jpg

EDIT: HULL CITY domination! just plugged it second season , 2nd game not even near fluid

UZhPmvc.jpg

5Dj1iRk.jpg

dg1xSW9.jpg

Looks great! Loving the 4-2-3-1 with two holding DM´s. Do you have any thread for this one?

Cheers

What kind of tweaks are people with mid-tier games implementing in the regular 4-3-3? I'm playing as Leeds, in my fourth season, and after a very rocky start I switched to Beautiful Play. However, away games are still an issue, even against smaller teams. I'd be curious to find out what kind of tweaks are people using to get better results.

I'm using V21 of the tactic currently, if that helps.

What kind of tweaks are people with mid-tier games implementing in the regular 4-3-3? I'm playing as Leeds, in my fourth season, and after a very rocky start I switched to Beautiful Play. However, away games are still an issue, even against smaller teams. I'd be curious to find out what kind of tweaks are people using to get better results.

I'm using V21 of the tactic currently, if that helps.
If you're playing with a slightly weaker team (not top of the BLP or so) I find that switching the wing backs to defend duty makes the team more solid in defense and possession as suggested earlier. When I'm facing teams I'm expected to beat I can sometimes have 60% possession without creating any chances until I switch to higher tempo, untick shorter passing (or even switch to more direct passing) and possibly drop deeper to draw them out of their own penalty box. It doesn't always work, but it's been successful more than a few times.

V21, half a season FMC network play
I'm currently on my 4th Swedish season, this time with V21. I was a newcomer in the top tier last season and somehow managed to blast through it. This year I started off really poor but have been on a good run lately. I'm also through the CL qualifying round 2 and 3 and in the playoffs against an Icelandic team I expect to beat easily, which would bring an income as high as the value of my club! :D

V21 left side, V19 right side
View attachment 307892View attachment 307891
View attachment 307863

I just won 6 games in a row bumping me up from 7th to 2nd, so maybe it was a temporary lapse of concentration from my team. The right picture actually shows my first season in the top tier, so maybe teams have stopped underestimating me by now. I've kept the same back four from last season yet I seem to be conceding every second chance that goes against my team, while I score every fourth or worse. However, note that this is a multiplayer (2 players, my friend with Ljungskile) FMC game so there are no opposition instructions or team talks which will give worse results than regular FM.

As a comparison, here are my last four matches and the general pattern all season long with V21.
View attachment 307890View attachment 307889View attachment 307888View attachment 307887

The match against Malmö FF (richest club in Sweden with generally the best players) was a heroic 2-0 to 2-3 comeback when I switched to direct play, high tempo and attacking mentality after being completely trashed using standard V21 in the first half. Other than that, what can be seen is that most of my opponent's (relatively few) attacks result in a CCC, and often a goal as well. I very often concede a goal on the first shot against me (every third game wouldn't be an exaggeration) within 15 minutes and have to work uphill from there, and I'm thinking of starting the game with the RPM(S) set as A(D) to try and combat that as it's been very successful towards the end of games.

My issues in attack on the other hand I would relate to the fact that four of my best players from last season (2 of my 3 regular CMs, my striker and my right winger) were bought on non-negotiable buyout clauses (yay for £3M+ transfer income on a £300k starting budget), and the replacements are not quite as good so far but have higher potential, and obviously need some time to grow in to the team. I'm scoring freely on another save with V21 and Manchester United, so I'd rather put that down to my players than the tactics!

Last edited:
what formation on here woul dbe best for man utd im using version 21 its very good, but just wondering what others are good depay is amazing in this tactic

What's the difference between Press, Drop and Hold versions. I couldn't find any explanation about them.

Looks great! Loving the 4-2-3-1 with two holding DM´s. Do you have any thread for this one?

Cheers

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...9480-christianeriksen-beautiful-play-481.html

Here is the page where you download the tactics!
Other than that follow Eriksens instructions on the first page.

I use a different training than Eriksen and I tweak a lot in game
But I think if you follow Eriksens first post step it will still work, you can also PM me and talk about my tweak if thinks arent working
Please try it :) No one has so far tried it and posted results, I would like to see more of that since
I think this tweak needs further tweaking

It was dope for Everton but Im not sure how it will work with other teams.. try Eintracht Frankfurt maybe?

what formation on here woul dbe best for man utd im using version 21 its very good, but just wondering what others are good depay is amazing in this tactic

Maybe a 4-3-1-2 tweak would be suitable for United?
As they dont have any good wingers other than Maria.
Also you want to be able to use Persie, Falcao, Rooney, Mata, Januzaj

I dont like central formations like that but such a tweak would be nice to see!

Here is the heatmap for the 4-2-3-1 Deep tweak. As you can see its almost like a 4-3-3.
With the aggresive regista at CDM, becomes like a CM, the supportive AP becomes like a CM.
So in practic its a 4-3-3 formation.

Its kind of what I wanted, hence the attack roles on the winger and striker

mEocHjO.jpg

Back