ChristianEriksen - Beautiful play

The 4-3-3 wide or 4-1-2-3 in general works very well on this game. It's also not rigid in terms of player roles, so you can swap them around depending on what players you have. I like to keep one winger, but on the other side you can have a winger, IF, or Raumdeuter. Your striker works as just about any role, although I've had the most success with F9 and AF. For the DM I've had good results using DLP or Regista.

V21 really doing the job! I did tweak 2 positions though..

Changed the RPM into a DM(s) and removed "move into channels" from PI
Changed the CM(auto) into a RPM and added "move into channels" to PI

This way i think the DM will support the defence more and the RPM will help the attack more.

Used this at home with Chelsea vs Man City and won 2-0 while they only got 1 shot one goal and no CCC.

Man... I will never thank you enough for that !
Simply brilliant, massive change in the way we play and defend (we conceded too much away from home) with no change in attack. I use V21 PRESS only, home and away, no OI's.
(H):wub:

LOL, I applied these tweaks to V21 PRESS against Burnley (home) and Crystal Palace (away) without OI's! See the results:

SORRY FOR ANOTHER SHARE! BUT HAVE TO DO THIS!

If you already find your best version, than stick to it. But if you got a tactic slot left.. Or being very curious.. please try this one. Because of..

The tempo is a bit higher and that result in a sort of gengenpressing and faster attack. It is beautiful to watch and I like it so far. I just played six matches or something but the dominance is extremely. Even Real Madrid, in season one for CL, couldn't beat me while I was playing with lots of youth from AFC Ajax.

I unleash a PRESS, DROP and HOLD tactic.
PRESS against short-passing teams, DROP against direct/long-passing teams and HOLD for the last minutes of a game (Not a must!).

VERSION 23 XTREME DOMINANCE

View attachment 306160

View attachment 306159 View attachment 306158

View attachment 306157

Another typical this tactic match!

View attachment 306154

Last edited:

If you already find your best version, than stick to it. But if you got a tactic slot left.. Or being very curious.. please try this one. Because of..

The tempo is a bit higher and that result in a sort of gengenpressing and faster attack. It is beautiful to watch and I like it so far. I just played six matches or something but the dominance is extremely. Even Real Madrid, in season one for CL, couldn't beat me while I was playing with lots of youth from AFC Ajax.

PRESS against short-passing teams, DROP against direct/long-passing teams and HOLD for the last minutes of a game (Not a must!).

Is it this one ? (from previous page, not v22, the one after that)

View attachment 759686

Or is it tweaked again ?

Sticking to V21 - im blasting 18 wins in a row in PRL right now :)

View attachment 759658

View attachment 759661 View attachment 759662

View attachment 759665

View attachment 759671
Can i switch the role of the two winger or inside forward?

Hi Chris!

First of all: GREAT TACTIC!!!

I have been playing with Antwerp (2nd div belgium) and had one succes after the other.
Plugged in your v19 mid last season and played champions (in my 1st season in 1st div) and won the cup. Reached the 2nd leg of the euro league. Also played the 4-4-2 press and drop against teams that where weak against this formation.
Switched this season to your v21 and i have been playing good football. Won against liverpool and Basel in CL en lost only to Barca (after beeing 2-0 up). Altough i have to say defensively things where not going supergood in the league.

Just switched to your v23 and the 2 games where great! What a pressure game from the team! First team did not manage one single shot in the game and 2nd game i only had 2 shots at my goal.

Now i'm going to play Barca again in the CL group. Going to play the v23 pressure and hoping for a good result!
Thanks for the great tactics!

First match with v23 and managed to avoid defeat against Man U who are on a roll, fair to say i was definitely expected to lose. Conceded 8 CCC's, except that tactic looks awesome, although it's kindof new to get used to a lesser percentage of possession :) View attachment 306095

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god. Ignore everything I said in my previous post. This tactic is unbelieveable, best ever. Did i say oh my god yet?

After having lost first CL semi-final 4-1 (!) away match against FC Barcelona, I considered it to be a done thing, haven't even fielded my best XI in the second match, set my mind on CL efforts of next season...
So I just pretty much selected the tactic, set up few things and few moments later couldn't believe my eyes. Holy f*****g s**t. Absolutelly brilliant performance, scored 5 goals and conceded just one from a penalty which never was... Including a few screens:View attachment 306087View attachment 306086View attachment 306085
My Middlesbrough side are definitely no world beaters, predicted mid-table finish, fighting for 2nd place few matches before the end of season after massive reconstruction of the squad mainly of young players with potential.
Thanks CE, hope this continues... Never I had more fun from a match in my FM life :)

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god. Ignore everything I said in my previous post. This tactic is unbelieveable, best ever. Did i say oh my god yet?

After having lost first CL semi-final 4-1 (!) away match against FC Barcelona, I considered it to be a done thing, haven't even fielded my best XI in the second match, set my mind on CL efforts of next season...
So I just pretty much selected the tactic, set up few things and few moments later couldn't believe my eyes. Holy f*****g s**t. Absolutelly brilliant performance, scored 5 goals and conceded just one from a penalty which never was... Including a few screens:View attachment 759859View attachment 759860View attachment 759861
My Middlesbrough side are definitely no world beaters, predicted mid-table finish, fighting for 2nd place few matches before the end of season after massive reconstruction of the squad mainly of young players with potential.
Thanks CE, hope this continues... Never I had more fun from a match in my FM life :)

V23?

Back