ChristianEriksen - Beautiful play

Well, it is more solid than the V21, yes. But that's for my squad and team. Try it yourself mate! :)

I'll give it a go at the beginning of next season, currently in April and still in CHL and top of PRL, with 2 points to Chelsea in second. Not the right time to test new things ;)

Hi Christian. I've tested all your tactics and none have failed me, except that hes v23 me very irregular and do not know the problem. My team does not score goals !.

I have started the season well, but slowly they have stopped working, it is rare and can not find the problem.

View attachment 760262

View attachment 760270

View attachment 760272

Maybe you can try the V21 tactics with this tweak i suggested: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...aneriksen-beautiful-play-488.html#post2489821

Fully fluid and stuff? Maybe it has something to do with your defenders player preferrend moves? I am incredibly solid! ;)
Well yeah, almost fully fluid (except for tempo), cause i changed from V21 nearing end of the season (thus the semi UCL)...
You sure the set piece defending is the same ?

No offense, i love your work, just bit disappointed as i got knocked out at semi UCL, aggregate 6-5 pfft... It was 5-5, advantage to me (away goals) till they got penalty on 89th min ffs, Zlatan MISSED but scored on the rebound... I'm like, whatever, save the game quickly before i do rage quit and replay :'(

Idk if i should revert back to V21

Last edited:
Well yeah, almost fully fluid (except for tempo), cause i changed from V21 nearing end of the season (thus the semi UCL)...
You sure the set piece defending is the same ?

No offense, i love your work, just bit disappointed as i got knocked out at semi UCL, aggregate 6-5 pfft... It was 5-5, advantage to me (away goals) till they got penalty on 89th min ffs, Zlatan MISSED but scored on the rebound... I'm like, whatever, save the game quickly before i do rage quit and replay :'(

Idk if i should revert back to V21
V23 didn't gave me the same results as my tweaked V21 Press, so maybe you can try that? You can find the tweak here: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...aneriksen-beautiful-play-488.html#post2489821

On to something new, as I think I can get more out of V23 and V21. I am doing a test with some of your tweaks! Thanks mate. Good work!

No thanks, that's why we are on here right? (I'm dutch by the way, should you want to PM me!)

Another tweak i'm considering is to change the WB(S) to FB's, because WB's and CWB's work much better when there are no other wide players.

Maybe on the side with the IF you can play with a WB, because a IF cuts inside a lot leaving space for the WB.

So i'm gonna try a WB(s) left and a FB(A ) right.

Last edited:
just want to say these tactics are fantastic just used v23 for a game against everton, i am Liverpool and destroyed them 4-0 in the first half, they only had 2 shots on target the whole game, but my question is and i apologize if u have answered it already do you use any PPM's that u would be willing to share and i think im going to start next season with v23!

just want to say these tactics are fantastic just used v23 for a game against everton, i am Liverpool and destroyed them 4-0 in the first half, they only had 2 shots on target the whole game, but my question is and i apologize if u have answered it already do you use any PPM's that u would be willing to share and i think im going to start next season with v23!
Think logic when you add some PPM's. I haven't any recommendations! :)

"Place Shots" is a very useful PPM for you Inside Forward, Winger and Striker to make more efficient use of long shots. You'll get way more goals from them this way if they have this PPM.
"Likes to dictate tempo" and "Plays high risk passes" are nice PPM's for your Advanced Playmaker and Roaming Playmaker especially when they have high technique, passing and vision.
"Plays a simple passing game" is a good PPM for your Defensive Midfielder and Central Defenders, because you don't want them to lose a lot of possession by playing high risk (STUPID) passes.
"Runs down right/left flank" is a useful PPM for your Wing Back / Complete Wing Back who is on the same side as your Inside Forward

Try to unlearn the PPM "Marks opponents tightly" from your Central Defenders because it will cause them to go very far out of position when you face a False Nine or Deep Lying Forward. It destroys your defensive shape completely.

Last edited:
View attachment 305833Judging on preseason games,this season will be fun :D Too bad since Sakho,Valencia and Zarate got injured,now Amalfitano and Cole will have to prove to they are good enough to be their replacement.This V23 btw :D Gonna post SS as soon as i finish season,cheers till then guys :D

First match of the season vs Sunderland,all strikers injured besides Cole,and he gets injured in 13 minute of the match(plus Tomkins got red card,oh ****** ****)...What a bad way to start season after such good preseason :/ Hopefully the squad will stay motivated and be able to carry on after this match :D

I can't prefer one tactic for a club, or competition. It's Football Manager, and FM is pretty much the same as in real life football. There is no such thing as 'the best tactic'. If you're managing Southampton and doing a very good job, like Ronald Koeman is doing now, does he have any guarantee it will work when he switch to Valencia and use the same tactic? No! Does Ronald Koeman have the guarantee his tactic will work next season? No! Every tactic can doing great for someone and being rubbish for someone else. Have a test with some, see which one is the best and tweak it further to get the best out of your club. Point.

Agree with what Eriksen said, but for me with League two team Portsmouth worked V21 very well won the league in first season and then again in won the league and promoted to championship. so try V21
but as Eriksen said no guarantee it worked well for me, maybe it wont work for u. coz of which players u have etc.

Back