ChristianEriksen - Beautiful play

Been trying out all versions with a relatively strong team (Ajax) and a mid-league team (Heerenveen) over the course of five seasons (very few signings!)

Before the last patch (m.e. v1534), versions 5.x and 6.x seemed strongest. After the patch, I've been having less success with these, as well as versions 7.x and 8.x, the latter which I'm further testing as of now. Funny enough, Raykillz' tweak of version 5.x, which didn't seem as strong compared to the standard versions before the last patch, has now worked wonders for me, especially the attacking version.

I have been tweaking the tactics here and there myself as well, yet I can't say I have improved anything conclusively.. will keep trying out stuff (mostly fiddling with player instructions).

Overall I've found these tactics to be pretty strong and fairly consistent -- thanks for creating them and putting so much time into improving them, Christian!

Last edited:
Kind words Zecharya :)
If you figure out the tweak you can feel fre to share it as any new stuff i want to get my hands on for comparison.
ATM with Sevilla i am struggling vs the gladiator teams of Span, so there is soem work needed, specially with the crossing section.

BUT I JUST WON THE GAME!

View attachment 329089

Unbelievable, I just got promoted from Championship to Premier League first time too. So using these tactics (v6 and then V7) I have gone from League 2 to Premiership successively. Very, VERY impressive!

So I've been using version 8 and just finished pre season where I won all games against teams of various qualities. PSG being the toughest and smashed them 4-0. Havent had to change to anything other than the control tactic as of yet so say this is working well. One thing I have to noticed is a lot of the goals come from corners/set pieces. Also my strikers are hardly ever score... I've tried a number of them as advanced strikers but with little joy. Should I maybe try them as another role or do they just need to get used to my tactics? (like I said only just completed preseason)

Alot of ups in my save. But something still feels a little off... Not scoring the goals i want to score if you know what i mean, every goal is from corners and free kicks. Not saying that is a bad thing, but i dont score from a play anymore. And like you said, slickspartan... My strikers never scores...

I have tweaked and switched some things around, but no success... So i hope ChristianEriksen is doing a much better job than me :D I will be waiting for more versions of this fantastic tactic!

Well i just played the Galatasaray CL game 5 times with controll.

resoult varies, but opponent goalie is insane overkill every game now.
First game lost 1-2 had 8 ccc 6hc they had 2 shoots
2nd game 1-1 draw, i had 9 shots 2 on target, they had 15 shots 6 on target
3rd game i dominated again, had 29 shots, 6ccc 9 hc. opponent had 1hc and i lost 4-1
4th game i won 3-0 after beeing 3-0 up at halftime. i had 8ccc and 7 hc
5th game i won 2-0 after i had 5 shots 1 on target ><

this game is just brilliant xD

more screens tomorrow from testsave.

So a few more games in and version 8 is working wonders for me (i've still not lost). I'm arsenal by the way and apart from Depay (whose behind cazorla in the starting 11) and Balanta, I've not really bought anyone else in. I've played city and drew with them and then beat them on penalities using the v8 counter instruction when prior to that I got smashed 5-0 using another tactic so it does work. As I previously said though my strikers dont do anything during the game... I may as well not have them and all more goals seem to come from my wingers and midfielders. Maybe I just need better strikers...

Question about 8.

What's attacking, counter, control etc?

Also.. Do I have my assistant manager do opposition instructions or do I just leave that for me to do manually, like your screenshot?

For example, before a match, Ryan Giggs told me a player on the right wing should be closed down.. do I ignore that?

Last edited:
Question about 8.

What's attacking, counter, control etc?

Also.. Do I have my assistant manager do opposition instructions or do I just leave that for me to do manually, like your screenshot?

For example, before a match, Ryan Giggs told me a player on the right wing should be closed down.. do I ignore that?

I forget what page it was but someone mentioned 8.0 was control, 8.1 was attack and 8.2 was counter

I'm struggling to decided when to use what variant. For example I was the heavy favorite in an away match. I went in with an attacking mindset, lost 3-1. Okay. I over estimated them. I came up to the same situation again, but this time went with controlled. Another loss. It may be the fact I'm in the lower leagues.

I personally do it manually, your assistant will for the most part only pick out a few players and use instructions on them. where if you do it manually you have the instructions set for all the players every time

First off AMAZING tactic :D

Is anyone else having loads of injuries? also I have around 20 shots a game with 10/11 on target but only score 2? anyone got any tips to help me be more clinical?

Buy a better striker? But seriously, what version are you using? im using V7 control with Southampton and Pelle has over 20 goals so far with 10 games left in the BPL

Last edited:
Which one of the OI screenshots (in the OP) should we go after? the one in dutch or the one in english?

My strikers have not scored so much. As i hoped.

But I hope it will be better in the PL.

And I will train them as advanced fowards, hope that helps.

Don't have much time to update the tactic for the ones for who the tactic doesn't work. Maybe I find some time, but don't know. Expect a lot from people who can still play and test. Share your findings, people!

I've been using the 8.0, 8.1, 8.2 pack or my England save, and all my games have been with the latest patch. I've not lost a game, but the opposition hasn't been up to much, San Marino, Switzerland, Lithuania etc. I've been please with the results though, plenty of possession, plenty of chances. I'm just coming up to Euro 2016, hopefully the tactic stands up well to proper opposition.

Hey Christian,
Thanks for the v8 pack. I just finished a season with AC Horsens in the Danish First Division (Second highest division)
I used 8,0 and 8,1 mostly but switched between them frequently. Also deployed 'Cross near post' on backs and wingers on my 8,1 (attacking) and it worked well. I only made a few loans + 2 late free transfers but nothing out of the ordinary.
Whole season undefeated (H) predicted finish 3rd/4th

View attachment 328885

Found it...
v6 and v6.1 are (IMO) the best.
I started a save with the best club in the world, Vit. Guimarães :) and after a very poor season start with draws after draws, I've plugged v6 and v6.1 and changed the OI like someone posted before and it became ridiculously good!
I've finished Portuguese Primeira Liga in 4th, 3 pts behind Porto, 2 pts behind Benfica and 1 pt behind our rival Braga.
Lost in semi-finals of League Cup with Porto in penalties and won Portuguese Cup beating Porto at the final.
If I had used v6 and v6.1 since the beggining of season I'd become Portuguese Champions in the first season wich is awesome, knowing that Porto and Benfica have a lot of €€€€€ to spend and I had none!

PS: In the way, I've demolished Porto Benfica and Sporting at their homes. Like 1-4, 0-4 and results like that.

God **** it! My team plays beautiful fotball thanks to u ! Good tactic mate :)

Found it...
v6 and v6.1 are (IMO) the best.
I started a save with the best club in the world, Vit. Guimarães :) and after a very poor season start with draws after draws, I've plugged v6 and v6.1 and changed the OI like someone posted before and it became ridiculously good!
I've finished Portuguese Primeira Liga in 4th, 3 pts behind Porto, 2 pts behind Benfica and 1 pt behind our rival Braga.
Lost in semi-finals of League Cup with Porto in penalties and won Portuguese Cup beating Porto at the final.
If I had used v6 and v6.1 since the beggining of season I'd become Portuguese Champions in the first season wich is awesome, knowing that Porto and Benfica have a lot of €€€€€ to spend and I had none!

PS: In the way, I've demolished Porto Benfica and Sporting at their homes. Like 1-4, 0-4 and results like that.

Could u upload your tactic with changes ? Tahnks.

Back