ChristianEriksen - Beautiful play

Sebastain; If I am happy with the 1-1 then I would consider using counter attack, I probably wouldn't switch all the way to defensive because I would like to keep some threat, but counter does give you that. If that's not what you mean let me know.

If I'm losing and getting overrun. I will change something, what I like to do is change to the counter tactic and sometimes just try and stop them scoring for 15 mins just to stay in the game, sometimes they will adapt to this which is good because after a little while I will switch back to attacking and try to catch them out.
Sometimes if I've been playing on attacking but I am not making any chances and Im 0-0 at 65. Then sometimes I will change the mentality from attacking to control to try and draw them out a little, sometimes this is all you need.

Another option is to use the in match team talk feature. If your team isn't doing much try 'demand more' If you're drawing and you look like you can get a win try 'Push forward'. An important one is after your team take the lead tell them 'concentrate' it helps to stop them equalising straight away.

Conn- how did u get the positions underneath the kits m8.

Im not sure exacly what you are looking at, but you can config the stats boxes to fit you're own preference by clicking the tab ontop of them :)

And just when i think there wount be more releases so i can focus on the last version xD
I will add another team in la liga and play with this set there.

Christian, who match situations must look to change tactics? In that game mode you play your games? Comments? Key? extended?

first game

tactic v9.0

Shots 8/5 vs 3/3. 0-2 at half time

Changing tactics to v9.1 and in 12 minutes I put 4 goals

Im not sure exacly what you are looking at, but you can config the stats boxes to fit you're own preference by clicking the tab ontop of them :)

And just when i think there wount be more releases so i can focus on the last version xD
I will add another team in la liga and play with this set there.

NVM!

i just got offered the job as Boss for Spain! CptCrunch/keano testign gona go on there :)

BEHOLD! my first 9-0 victory ever! Using 9.0
View attachment 328336

Last edited:
Hard to find Complete Foward.

I am managing Plymouth Argyle in Championship, so it's ****** hard to find a player who suitable for Complete Foward.
Would you recommend me an altenative role?

I am managing Plymouth Argyle in Championship, so it's ****** hard to find a player who suitable for Complete Foward.
Would you recommend me an altenative role?
Try the DLF Attack, i've got a player which is yellow for CFs, everytime I bring him on I switch the duty to DLF attack and he's doing pretty fine.

hi there , could someone tell me what team talks are best to use , not played fm for about 4 years and want to try this tactic after I got new football manager earlier . thanks

I'm interested to know if you guys use any tweaks in regards to the weather. In each version Ive noticed the weather effects on play get more involved and Ive always considered this to be one of the causes of the dreaded winter slump. In the English leagues, very wet conditions make playing the ball on the ground quite slugish (sic, apparently this is a banned word!), but switching to a Cambridge Utd long ball game seems a too drastic. Any thoughts?

Hey koen using V5 With Ado save als have V7 counter tact loaded but I never use it at the moment.

At 2nd place now 21 games played.
Psv 45 me 44 Ajax 42 and feyenoord 39 points soort camera go ether way.
Speel You released V9 atm keep up the goed work

Christian, first of all thank you for the tactics, I've found them very useful as bases for my teams, this morning I switched to your new collab v6 tactics and for me they play much better looking football than the v9 pack. In terms of Shots, Shots on Goal, Possession etc. There really isn't THAT much difference but I find the new v6's are looking better visually and scoring a few more goals. Defensively I would say they are equal.

In terms of moving the tactic forward I think 'Defending Corners' may need revising I'm working on that although haven't found anything conclusively better and it is perhaps an match engine issue causing them to be overly effective.

I would like to share to all that are interested in how I have very slightly tweaked the v6 pack to incorporate all 3 tactics which often all get used in one match.

I have left the attacking version completely untweaked and use this as a starting tactic.

If I am leading by two goals or am leading by any margin at 65 I switch to the control version. I have tweaked the control version by selecting 'Lower Tempo'. I think Control football works better played slow, plus it is safer. I also remove 'Play out of Defence' because I use this tactic when leading I don't think it is worth risking a defensive error for an extra pass, especially with a LL team.

If the lead is only by 1 goal late on then I will sometimes switch to the counter version which again is tweaked. Once again I have removed 'Play out of Defence' for the same reasons as above, and because I believe counter football should be quick and dynamic, I remove 'Look for Overlap' and have added 'Hit Early Crosses'. If you I want to go safer I make the in match changes after the tweaks. Of changing Counter to Defensive and Higher tempo to Lower Tempo. This is only when I really need to hold on.

Hopefully that will help out some users it works for me. Christian, how do these changes effect the overall view and philosophy you have built that tactic upon?

Thanks a great philosophy you got there. I think you are excellent prepared for lots of different matches. That's what I want people to learn from it. You have to be prepared on different situations and have to anticipate on what you see. Then you are a good manager!

Very interesting input and will quote your comment in the opening post.

Hey koen using V5 With Ado save als have V7 counter tact loaded but I never use it at the moment.

At 2nd place now 21 games played.
Psv 45 me 44 Ajax 42 and feyenoord 39 points soort camera go ether way.
Speel You released V9 atm keep up the goed work

And meaby Will look at the V9 Next season dont know if it suits the team havent look at the New tactic yet

Well, am currenlty in second season with my Ajax. I am not going to tell you something about my results in the League, but I do about my results in the Champions League. After a win against Chelsea away, we play another game away from home against Dortmund, the CL- winner. I am going to tell you something about how I look to a match.. And yes, every match is different, but in this game.. this is my point of view.

I select the attack version (v6 tweak) and see how it goes. If it's not working then I would probably switch to control (v6.1) or counter (v6.2). I use an assertive (always!) and motivation team talk and select the OI's from the opening post. After just 1 minute football we score the 0-1, Milik. Superb start of the game and no need for any change. After 5 minutes my goalkeeper passes a free kick straight to GroBkreutz.. he shoots from 45 metres and scores: 1-1.

After 36 minutes I see that we play some really good football and are in front by goals from Klaassen and Fischer: 1-3. No reason for any changes I think. But.. I not just look to the scoreline, I always only look at the shots and possession ratings. If that's in our advantage by far? Then there is no need for changes. If the ratings are equal then I would use control or something, or counter against really good opposition. But, these are the half time statistics: 1-3. More possession, much more shots and 0-1 in CCC's. No need for changes!

View attachment 328322 View attachment 328321

Sometimes I tell my player they play really well. But affter I tell my player that we most of the time play less good in the second half. So I decide to tell my players nothing. Just go on to the second half of the match. Minute 52, Mkhitaryan scores the 2-3 and I have 0 shots in the second half, they have already 3. So I see that Dortmund is playing much much better then in the first half. Now I think we need to do something. I switch to control and deselect 'play out of defense'. After that we play equal with Dortmund but in the 70th minute they manage to score the 3-3. In the 80th minute we still have just 2 shots since the first half, not that good and Dortmund become better and better. So I decided to counter.

Since that change we haven't conceed any shot, but didn't have a shot at their goal either. Endresult: 3-3. But, I'm very pleased with the result. We were the underdog!

I change too like you said Christian but still sometimes you keep conceding and playing bad .. but it's definitely an improvement over the other versions

Last edited:
Back