ChristianEriksen - Beautiful play

I want to play with ADO Den Haag from the Netherlands, Which tactic would me fine?

Christian, first of all thank you for your kind works.

Secondly your v9 pack features 'D-line play' based upon long balls.
I have looked into it a little playing two different saves and I am starting to feel that the scout report is not actually the best indicator of whether or not your opponent will attempt long balls and that is because the AI seems quite reactive.
I have a save with Maidenhead in the Conference (I have no idea how I got the promoted, I didn't really bring anyone in, top player are 'decent for conference north/south) we are by far the worst team in the division regarding quality predicted 24th etc. I have found due to every team thinking they have the quality over us I don't think anybody has bothered attempting to hit us with long balls. This means even teams that are scoring a large percentage of goals via long ball are not really trying it against my team.
I also have a save with Barrow in the conference north, who are easily the best team in the league this time I am finding everyone is trying to hit me with a long ball, even those that haven't been scoring with them wants to hit me long (Of course those that have deep set club philosophies change less).

Because of this I recommend if you are a definite top team in your league - expect long balls. You need to drop deeper. Dont try and play offside. Be wary of your back 4 trying to close down too often. (Still useful to have your attackers press)

If you are a bottom team in the league - Expect them to try and pass through you. You need to squeeze the space, push higher, use the offside trap. I like to play very aggressive to stop the passing.

Perhaps if you are viewed as mid table you may need to defend against both styles. I would still say if they think they are better than you they will pass. And if they see you as favourites they will hit it long. Of course the very best way to check is watch the game.

Last edited:
Using only 8 counter before and some mine 4-4-2. After red line i load 6.0-6.2 all tactics was fluid. I observe some things that can only work if you are playing with dominant team in league. And by all instructions I saw you put in, these tactics are only for top teams to get as much you can from your players.

Observations:

1. NO CROSSING TACTICS. One thing that is bugged in this patch not used by this tactics.
2. CLOSING DOWN MUCH MORE. With lower teams inposible to play because opponent take mega advantage. All goals I concede was fom crosing, since my players was always outplayed by opponent players.
3. LOOK FOR OVERLAP WITH WING BACK ON DEFEND DUTY? No comment.

schedulesenior-matches-2.png

Again I see other player screenshots and your Eriksen. See that this tactics work for you but still dont know how and why, no reason.

Madness;

Get rid of look for overlap
Add hit early crosses
Make sure fullbacks and wingers are crossing more often
Cross to the near post
Keep the crosses whipped
Full backs should cross from deep (Defend duty might make this automatic)
Add Close down more
Mark their fullbacks or wingbacks with your wingers to try and stop overlapped crosses
Wingers should close down more
Fullbacks need to stay wider to limit space on the wings.

These may help you, if the things you are observing is why you are losing those last games
I have to say though while you can limit the crosses you concede they are very overpowered on this version of the match engine. Experimenting with the above options could help you though.

I have got this tactic working in the lower leagues. North/South and Conference. But I did need to tweak it.
I think Christian is testing with Ajax so you need to consider that.

P.S shocked you changed a tactic following 5-1, 3-1!

Those 2 results was with 8.2 and after that he release 6 version tweaked. I wanna imidiately test it so I can recomend 2 people. Also that save Im playing with mine 4-4-2 tactic, this testing is because I see this post is so ranked and people are amazed so much. And yes these tactics will work with great teams to dominate as much you can. Since there is a people who play with Barca and RM and they can not dominate Spanish primera.

Edit: After tweaking they still cross like crazy and I do not cross. I used version 6 counter.

altrincham-v-concord-ran.png

Last edited:
I've been testing v6 tweak attack version with liverpool. Any idea how to reduce the long shot? Its only two games in friendly but i am having like more than 10 long shots each match mainly from my striker.

I've been testing v6 tweak attack version with liverpool. Any idea how to reduce the long shot? Its only two games in friendly but i am having like more than 10 long shots each match mainly from my striker.
i have the same question with the lates tweaked V6, too many disppointing long shots

i just change the f9 support with CF attack and it reduces the long shot until i put on lambert to replace balotelli and that guy has no idea how to play soccer, he just shots everytime he got the ball. i also do PPM for both of them not to shoot from distance.

Decided to have a go at 'The Unemployment Challenge' this year. Managed to get the job at Wrexham a couple of months into the game. Immediately plugged in V7.6 as my main tactic and it's been incredible. Finished mid-table with a poor squad after taking charge. Managed to finish 2nd in my first full season, narrowly losing in the play-off final (15/16). Walked the league the following season (16/17). Completely dominated League 2 finishing with 105 points (17/18). Currently sit in 1st place in League 1 after 16 games in the 18/19 season. Including a 4-1 win against Sunderland! Look at Sunderland's team in League 1! Amazing tactic!View attachment 328077

First season with Marseille over. Won the league after PSG f**ked it up, but we still played really well.

Hi guyss ! Been long time now, just bought the game yesterday..So i figured this is the best tac by far, but it has 120++ pages already and i really hope someone can just simplify for me: which tac is the best (home/away/against good team)..Please..

p/s: I'm starting with manutd (Duh!) ;) and maybe suggestion on who to get rid, who to buy.. THANKS BRUVS !^^)

// Im guessing it's the collab V6, but maybe some other suggestions..setpiece advices/tweaks maybe to make it better ..??

Last edited:
People complaining about long shots over here.. I ******* write an OP for nothing. Anticipaaaate!

Reduce long shots at player instructions or something!

And oh! I understand the complainings for the 6.2 counter. There are some wrong team instructions in it.

Delete 'play out of defence' and select 'closing down more'.

Madness;

Get rid of look for overlap
Add hit early crosses
Make sure fullbacks and wingers are crossing more often
Cross to the near post
Keep the crosses whipped
Full backs should cross from deep (Defend duty might make this automatic)
Add Close down more
Mark their fullbacks or wingbacks with your wingers to try and stop overlapped crosses
Wingers should close down more
Fullbacks need to stay wider to limit space on the wings.

These may help you, if the things you are observing is why you are losing those last games
I have to say though while you can limit the crosses you concede they are very overpowered on this version of the match engine. Experimenting with the above options could help you though.

I have got this tactic working in the lower leagues. North/South and Conference. But I did need to tweak it.
I think Christian is testing with Ajax so you need to consider that.

P.S shocked you changed a tactic following 5-1, 3-1!
Would love to try your LLM tactic mate can u upload?

Instead of accepting the offer from Arsenal, i accept feyenoord...
V9 here we come

Great tactic.

Used version 7 to promote Hasselt from the Belgian Third Division to the Second Division.

Used version 8 to crown Genk champions in the Belgian First Division after they had a very slow start.

Using version 9 now in my second season with Genk and I just destroyed Anderlecht(best team in the league) 7-0, unbelievable.

Back