ChristianEriksen - Beautiful play

Am I right in thinking that in v10 I can switch the Inside Forward and Winger around as long as I do the same for the two CM?

I think you have to switch the fullbacks too as the left one bombs past the inside forward to keep the width

COLLAB - ChristianEriksen & CaptainKeano

Alright! This is what I was waiting for. Someone who gave me some good feecback, a tweaked tactic and together we made some new version of the 'Beautiful Play'. Version 6 was the base version and was tweaked by CaptainKeano. After that I tweaked his tactic and now we present you a new version of the tactic.

But, it is possible that this version doesn't work for you. Then you have to switch back to the other versions. I know I get questions like: 'is this tactic better then the versions 9?'.. How am I supposed to know. For some teams yes, for some teams no. So have a test with it and see how it goes. I you're having troubles can let me know either..

What did we change?
Some new players roles for defenders, midfielders and wingers. We're having now wing backs (defend), advance playmakers (attack) on midfield and one inside winger and one winger (both on support). If you're having a winger that crosses a lot, is left footed and plays on the AML position, then switch the inside winger to winger on the AML position and switch the winger role on the AMR position to an inside forward.

Some new player instruction changes are wing backs mark tighter, advance playmakers close down much more, Mark tighter, run wide with ball added and the false nine hold up ball longer.

Madness;

Get rid of look for overlap
Add hit early crosses
Make sure fullbacks and wingers are crossing more often
Cross to the near post
Keep the crosses whipped
Full backs should cross from deep (Defend duty might make this automatic)
Add Close down more
Mark their fullbacks or wingbacks with your wingers to try and stop overlapped crosses
Wingers should close down more
Fullbacks need to stay wider to limit space on the wings.

These may help you, if the things you are observing is why you are losing those last games
I have to say though while you can limit the crosses you concede they are very overpowered on this version of the match engine. Experimenting with the above options could help you though.

I have got this tactic working in the lower leagues. North/South and Conference. But I did need to tweak it.
I think Christian is testing with Ajax so you need to consider that.

P.S shocked you changed a tactic following 5-1, 3-1!

View attachment 327974

My results with Liverpool in the second season so far using the above. Used the counter attack version against Real Madrid.

You said "same OI"...and that is....?

What about shout instruction ? Do i need to..?

Last edited:
Generally always start with attacking then switch it between the 3 during the course of the game, depending on the opponent.

Away games where I'm the underdog I always start with counter, teams around me I use control and then lower teams I use attacking.

The new pack turned my season around. So thank you Mr. E :)

View attachment 327959

I used the v9 versions before the HSV highlighted game, so it's definately an improvement!

Love you <3 :D
One more think how you know if opponent plays with long ball before the game starts ?

1) Look at the scout report before every game in your inbox. See at the green field on the right side how many assists they have from long ball. If they have a lot than use the drop deeper.

2) Guess about what's coming. A lower rated club will more playing with the long ball than high rated clubs.

Back