ChristianEriksen - Beautiful play

Christian, do you usually start matches with 10.0/10.1 or 10.2?

So over the last week I've pretty much read every single post, just to get a feel of what to do with regards to tactics i.e. I've listened to what Koen has said. I don't play FM as extensively as some of you guys, proof of this is that I'm still in my first season. But what I will say is I've used versions 8, 9 and 10 of Koens tactics and I'm half way through the season with Arsenal, haven't lost once (By this I mean, they all work). In fact i've only drawn one game in the league and another one in the champs league so these tactics have brilliant.

One thing I wanted to say however is there are so many factors other then just tactics to bringing your team success. I've seen many comments from people where it looks like all they want to do is plug in the tactics and get instant success. In my opinion it doesn't work like that. I've built my tactics up so much that they are fluid (so I can afford to make changes to see what works better as it doesn't affect the familiarity much), my training schedules are on point (team and individual) and the morale of my players is sky high. Also I'm careful what I say in the media and how I treat and use my players. Not to mention the fact that I actually watch the games and if something isn't working for me, I change it until it is.

My point is, play the game and actually become a manager... surely that's why we all buy and play the game. Koen can only help so much, some of it you should be willing to do yourself instead of wanted your hand held throughout the whole game.

By the way thanks Koen for all your hardwork in getting us this far!!

Conn, is there a quicker way to tick all these OI's rather than having to do it all individually??

So over the last week I've pretty much read every single post, just to get a feel of what to do with regards to tactics i.e. I've listened to what Koen has said. I don't play FM as extensively as some of you guys, proof of this is that I'm still in my first season. But what I will say is I've used versions 8, 9 and 10 of Koens tactics and I'm half way through the season with Arsenal, haven't lost once (By this I mean, they all work). In fact i've only drawn one game in the league and another one in the champs league so these tactics have brilliant.

One thing I wanted to say however is there are so many factors other then just tactics to bringing your team success. I've seen many comments from people where it looks like all they want to do is plug in the tactics and get instant success. In my opinion it doesn't work like that. I've built my tactics up so much that they are fluid (so I can afford to make changes to see what works better as it doesn't affect the familiarity much), my training schedules are on point (team and individual) and the morale of my players is sky high. Also I'm careful what I say in the media and how I treat and use my players. Not to mention the fact that I actually watch the games and if something isn't working for me, I change it until it is.

My point is, play the game and actually become a manager... surely that's why we all buy and play the game. Koen can only help so much, some of it you should be willing to do yourself instead of wanted your hand held throughout the whole game.

By the way thanks Koen for all your hardwork in getting us this far!!

Here here!

Does the striker score a decent amount of goals?

My strikers werent scoring prolifically with versions 8 and 9, which I though was more to do with the quality of them (giroud and wellbeck) and the majority of my goals came from the wingers and midfield. But with version 10, Giroud can not stop banging in the goals as an F9

My strikers werent scoring prolifically with versions 8 and 9, which I though was more to do with the quality of them (giroud and wellbeck) and the majority of my goals came from the wingers and midfield. But with version 10, Giroud can not stop banging in the goals as an F9
That's good to know, I like it when the striker scores most of the goals

Conn, is there a quicker way to tick all these OI's rather than having to do it all individually??

it takes 1.5 minutte man.

dont do it in match, do it before match on tactic screen ><

if not you got to set it every singel time, and THATS tiering!

Slickspartan, excellent comment. Thanks for the compliments but in fact, like you said, you are the manager. You manage your team to these superb results. And you just wrote what I mean by anticipating, tweaking and managing. Great!

And oh! I like the tweak of the IF (set to attack) and change the CM to a deep lying playmaker on support.

it takes 1.5 minutte man.

dont do it in match, do it before match on tactic screen ><

if not you got to set it every singel time, and THATS tiering!
Cheers i'll try it that way..

How much better is this tactic over the 8.x tactics? Im still having great results with 8.x but if 10.x is much better i'll try it (maybe in a new save)

How much better is this tactic over the 8.x tactics? Im still having great results with 8.x but if 10.x is much better i'll try it (maybe in a new save)

V8, V9 and V10 are all quite similiar. I'd say if you're doing well with V8 and you have the players for it then stick with it. V8 if I remember uses a speedy striker up front? If that's the case and you have a good one doing so for you then stick with it. V10 uses an inside forward, a playmaker and a F9 and if you don't have those players you won't get the most out of the tactic.

@cptbull and @mattboy213, click were it say "show positions/vis posisjoner" its applied, but you are on wrong screen xD

Back