4231 updated

Updated 4231 that works for smaller teams as well.
Obviously not as efficient as 19.2 version as old throw-in setup was patched

which one is better CLASH 4231 W v2 or Clash 4231 IF ?

19.3 4141 V3 performs really well, even with an underdog teams, CLASH.

19.3 4141 V3 performs really well, even with an underdog teams, CLASH.

+1

In my 2020/2021 west ham, i used the 19.3 4231W from start of the season until end of december. The results while not bad, it's not consistent enough and made me from title holder to 4th in the league. Then i switched to the 4141 and great results start to come.

View attachment 17560

The league is pretty much in my grasp by now, and the only dissapointing result is when my team got cold feet in both legs against chelsea in carabao cup.

And this is my young squad, sorted by goals, if you're wondering
View attachment 17559

+1

In my 2020/2021 west ham, i used the 19.3 4231W from start of the season until end of december. The results while not bad, it's not consistent enough and made me from title holder to 4th in the league. Then i switched to the 4141 and great results start to come.

View attachment 1199827

The league is pretty much in my grasp by now, and the only dissapointing result is when my team got cold feet in both legs against chelsea in carabao cup.

And this is my young squad, sorted by goals, if you're wondering
View attachment 1199828
are those results from the end of your season?

Last edited:
no it's not. I still have 4 league matches, fa cup final, and 2nd leg of ECC quarter final (dismantled A. Madrid 5-2 in the 1st leg). I'll try to finish the season today.
View attachment 17558

==============================
EDIT
Well i end the season with the sextuple (missed the carabao cup). To summarize, I play 19.3 update with my young 2020/2021 west ham (average age 24). I used 4231W from july until december, but the inconsistency really frustrated me.
View attachment 17552 View attachment 17551

So i decided to switch to the 4141 tactic from january until the end of the season and you can see the results below.
View attachment 17550 View attachment 17549 View attachment 17548

I don't really have a starting 11 that play more than 40 games, so my best player (Hazard) only get 30 goals & 22 assists this season.
I don't think the 4231 is bad, but because i've been using it since the start of the save , i think other teams bound to know how to counter it at some point.

Last edited:
Having good results overall though striker just doesn't seem to score like before though I undestand it's because of ME :(.

A couple of things: 1) MCR has 'shoot more often' PI instead of 'shoot less often' like other players is this correct? I changed to 'shoot less often' anyway (midfielders will take long shots no matter what!). 2) Are we sold on inverted wingbacks? They do help playmaking but add to long shots issue from central positions, which is already dominant on current ME. 3) Short corners don't seem to produce many goals or chances, maybe there's a better option?

Last edited:
Loving the 4141, but can it be tweaked to having IF / WBs combo instead of Winger / Inverted you think?

Has anyone noticed that gameplay looks so impressive for the 4-1-4-1 tactic?

In another thread, I can see version 4 of this tactic. Can someone please confirm?

I think 4141 v4 is the best solid defence tactic ever in the fm19... at this moment ;)

View attachment 15466

I've started used this tactic from 4:0 against Slask Wroclaw...
View attachment 15465
this is my first season in 1st league (2nd level) I've few players from 4th level (3rd league)...

Last edited: