Classic 41230 by veez - an interpretation of Spain's Euro 2012 false 9 tactic

mate tell me how you do with the TOON im in the mood to try this with my Newcastle since iv'e bought loads of Brazilian young players who play attacking midfielder roles

played my first 3 games, 2 wins and 1 draw. completely overhauled my squad though, so team cohesion isnt the best yet! ive probably bought a few of the same players: filipe anderson, adryan, wellington nem?

check out my transfers:

View attachment 304638View attachment 304637

really went wild with it :p

but need to win some silverware and capitalise on some players or i'll bankrupt the club in a couple of years lol

View attachment 304724

my latest result... both their goals came from set-pieces and one of their CCC's was a penalty.

i'm doing well in the league, this is my second draw, have one loss away to stoke 1-0, obviously a set-piece once again, and won the rest.

i'm amazed at how well the team is playing considering all the new signings. the football being played is a pleasure to watch!

anyone else with some fresh results?

played my first 3 games, 2 wins and 1 draw. completely overhauled my squad though, so team cohesion isnt the best yet! ive probably bought a few of the same players: filipe anderson, adryan, wellington nem?

check out my transfers:

View attachment 304638View attachment 304637

really went wild with it :p

but need to win some silverware and capitalise on some players or i'll bankrupt the club in a couple of years lol

how in the **** did you get 335m to spend even city dont have that kind of money

i've changed marking of the full-backs to zonal with no tight marking. i think its working better, but will test further before making any official changes to the tactic.

anyone care to post some results?

Last edited:
3 games without conceeding after the marking tweak to the full-backs, away to chelsea, home to liverpool and sunderland.

now 5 games without conceding. im alsop trying a tweak to the CM's passing. i've changed it from short to direct with the aim of being more efficient when launching counter-attacks, and also so that they proviode an "escape" to the constant short passing when the team cant get out of their own half and are under a lot of pressure, which can lead to losing the ball in dangerous areas. so far so good :)

check out the key passes performed by the entire team!! outstanding!! i have heard people say that one of the problems with this FM is that the key passing ratio is very low. only my 2CB's and goalkeeper didnt perform key passes in this match, and quite a few players performed 2/3 key passes. this wasnt a one off game either. the key passing ratio of this tactic is very high, i just have never seen it being so widespread throughout the team.

View attachment 304987