Classic 41230 by veez - an interpretation of Spain's Euro 2012 false 9 tactic

thanks mate! :)

i can try, but you wont be able to set both wide AM's as target men as you can do with this one, but it might still work, might even work better, you never know! lol. i can try and do that for you tonight, so stay posted!

That would be massively appreciated if possible. By the looks of things you look busy, but will keep my eyes on this thread!

Thanks Veez!

That would be massively appreciated if possible. By the looks of things you look busy, but will keep my eyes on this thread!

Thanks Veez!

View attachment 305389

there you go mate. i think its exactly the same as the classic version, but you should better double check just to make sure.

let me know how it works for you

Hi there. I'm using a little bit tweaked version of ur tactic. I'm not sure if it would work like that in weaker team but results for my Real Madrid are just awasome.
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/7021/ligabbvawidokoglnyfazy.png
Only one defeat against Atletico while tactic wasn't fluid yet.
My last game:
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/9523/rmadridfcbayernstatysty.png

2.tac - Speedy Share - upload your files here here is the link with small changes I made :p

hi mate!

simply awesome results!!! i took a look at your tactic, and from what i saw you gave more creative freedom to forward and midfield players yes? did you change anything else?

edit: you also reduced the full-back mentality a bit, and they are on man marking with no tight marking, this is exaclty the setting im tetsing now, as im not happy with the goals conceeded form crosses to second post.

did you find any particular weakness in the tactic?

Last edited:
Veez, I'm going to start using the TC version and let you know how it goes.

Is there anything I need to do to make this work as close as possible to the origina... playmakers, target men etc?

What OI do you use, if any?

What do you do for teamtalks?

Thanks for your time, again - will post updates soon!

Veez, I'm going to start using the TC version and let you know how it goes.

Is there anything I need to do to make this work as close as possible to the origina... playmakers, target men etc?

What OI do you use, if any?

What do you do for teamtalks?

Thanks for your time, again - will post updates soon!

i left target man as "none" with supply of "run onto ball". playmaker is set to the middle AMC.

OI i always select my defensive coach to handle

team talks i mostly use my assistant manager with very high motivation attribute

match training use the one shown in the OP

pitch size i normally go with standard, but narrow should work too because of the short passing and narrow width of the tactic

i left target man as "none" with supply of "run onto ball". playmaker is set to the middle AMC.

OI i always select my defensive coach to handle

team talks i mostly use my assistant manager with very high motivation attribute

match training use the one shown in the OP

pitch size i normally go with standard, but narrow should work too because of the short passing and narrow width of the tactic

Thanks Veez,

What kind if stats do you look for in both the wide AMC's (IF) and the central AMC?

Thanks Veez,

What kind if stats do you look for in both the wide AMC's (IF) and the central AMC?

i can suggest a few players, but it depends on what size team youre playing.

for MC's, all round players that can destroy and create. i dont like using small players in midfield, i like combative and strong players, the likes of andre ayew, dembele, cabaye (small but awesome!), joao moutinho, ramires. box to box midfielders basically with tackling, work rate, team work, passing, creativity, anticipation etc;

playmaker i'd say a pjanic or isco sort of player, with high passing, decisions, first touch, technique, off the ball, dribbling (work rate and teamwork can play a very important role here too), anything else is a bonus.

wide AMC's or target men, the mata type player, a fast and creative player capable of finishing. so pace, flair, dribbling, first touch, finishing, composure, creativity, off the ball, agility (again team work and work rate are important)

if you can buy players with good attributes in long shots that is also a bonus, because this tactic sometimes employs quite a few.

hope i've helped, if you want specific players to buy, let me know who you are playing with!

there you go mate, someone else had asked me the same before

Hi veez, I'm been looking for a tactic that works and plays with no wingers since the game came out and iv just found it. I used to use your classic 4231 but as you know away game were coin flips. I was in 8 position in December when i started using this and iv won 8 in a row and are now 2nd, football is quality. 1 question, for the tm- do they have to be direct pyers like nem or pass and move like xavi? I still hate it when nem runs with ball but is he essential for tactic? I have nem,Ericsson, isco, Maher, canales for those positions, play isco as playmaker?

Hi veez, I'm been looking for a tactic that works and plays with no wingers since the game came out and iv just found it. I used to use your classic 4231 but as you know away game were coin flips. I was in 8 position in December when i started using this and iv won 8 in a row and are now 2nd, football is quality. 1 question, for the tm- do they have to be direct pyers like nem or pass and move like xavi? I still hate it when nem runs with ball but is he essential for tactic? I have nem,Ericsson, isco, Maher, canales for those positions, play isco as playmaker?

hi mate, glad to know its working for you :)

ive been trying out some other things lately but will probably come back to this. i want to make a tweaked version that works better for smaller teams, or simply to play against bigger teams.

originally, the idea behind it was to use direct players like nem, but i think pass n move players that have good dinishing and off ther ball will work as well, and the more pace they have the better. it ****** me off too, when they simply run at defense with no support and no possibility of success, or simply hoof it from outside the area stupidly, but i believe thats an issue that will be solves with the next patch.

who are you playing with by the way?

edit: yes definately isco as playmaker, probably canales too and maher can play either position well as probably ericsson can aswell.

hi mate, glad to know its working for you :)

ive been trying out some other things lately but will probably come back to this. i want to make a tweaked version that works better for smaller teams, or simply to play against bigger teams.

originally, the idea behind it was to use direct players like nem, but i think pass n move players that have good dinishing and off ther ball will work as well, and the more pace they have the better. it ****** me off too, when they simply run at defense with no support and no possibility of success, or simply hoof it from outside the area stupidly, but i believe thats an issue that will be solves with the next patch.

who are you playing with by the way?

edit: yes definately isco as playmaker, probably canales too and maher can play either position well as probably ericsson can aswell.

its my 4th season with newcastle, its works away quite well away to. beat spurs who were unbeaten all season. good effort pal

its my 4th season with newcastle, its works away quite well away to. beat spurs who were unbeaten all season. good effort pal

thanks mate! i really like the tactic, but i tested it with swansea and southampton and it didnt work as well as it did with chelsea and newcastle.

im currently playing with wolves in the championship with a very very young squad and developed a similar tactic, but with wingers. this one seems to work very well against bigger opposition.

this is the formation:

View attachment 306999

take a look at my last game:

View attachment 306996

this was the quarter final of the cup and we eventually lost on penalties, but we were leading up to the 89th minute when my keeper fumbled a ball into the feet of hazard :( sickening.... but was very happy with the performance!

if you or anyone else wants to give this a try, let me know!

No thx pal I'll stick with this one, is there anything basic I can do to shut up shop?

No thx pal I'll stick with this one, is there anything basic I can do to shut up shop?

you can probably take away one of the target men and stick him in as a second DM, change his settings to the same as the other DM and change tempo to slow

I've had some pretty decent results with this tactic. I've been alternating between this and another tactic because I have a couple poachers, which clearly do not fit into this tactic. this was my best result. all pictures are from the 2015-2016 season. so, lucas played at left CM and he scored the first two goals (the third was a pen rebound). he hardly ever scores for me, let alone a hat-trick, but for some reason today was his day.View attachment 308503View attachment 308508View attachment 308510

the most impressive part of the match is clearly the number of key passes from a number of my players. these led to 5 clear cut chances. moreover, you can see from the 2 CMs, shelvey and lucas, that they have a massive box-to-box presence: 5 key passes, 12 tackles, 8 headers, 3 assists, and 4 goals between them. this was lucas's heatmap. shelvey's was almost a mirror image. View attachment 308515 both have high workrate and stamina which explains how they were able to cover such ground. they're also both pretty decent at creating as they are at destroying:
View attachment 308512

this particular match showed how effective the CMs could be, but the tactic is all the team' passing. i won't post as many pictures for this next match, just my team's stats page: View attachment 308516

wow, 22 key passes (which led to 4 CCCs, 0 to chelsea). some other stats of note are the 9 dribbles by the players in the forward positions (cavani, gotze, suarez, oxlade-chamberlain, and oscar). the center midfield trio are lucas, buiu (regen), and joe allen, who attempted a total of 34 tackles and made 19 total interceptions. players with high aggression are usually the only ones who attempt tackles in that magnitude, but lucas has an aggression of 11, allen of 13, and buiu of 15 (their positioning and tackling is a bit more), yet they were able to attempt nearly 3 dozen all said and done. pretty impressive if i do say so myself. i rarely see this level of defending from my CBs, so to see it from 3 CMs is really awesome. elsewhere, dede and shawcross's headers aren't that impressive because they each have near-max jumping, heading.

i typed a lot more than i thought i would but i hope i've been able to give you a good idea of what this tactic can do. obviously my squad is stacked but i haven't been able to win 8-1 against arsenal with other tactics. moreover, players like oscar, cavani, and suarez were at surprisingly low attribute levels due to long-term injuries, so they're not as good as you think. the standouts in both matches are definitely the CMs and DM though. excellent results from only slightly above-average players (shelvey, joe allen, lucas, though the regen is a world-class all-rounder). absolutely loving their defensive and offensive performances. truly box-to-box player roles.

I've had some pretty decent results with this tactic. I've been alternating between this and another tactic because I have a couple poachers, which clearly do not fit into this tactic. this was my best result. all pictures are from the 2015-2016 season. so, lucas played at left CM and he scored the first two goals (the third was a pen rebound). he hardly ever scores for me, let alone a hat-trick, but for some reason today was his day.View attachment 308503View attachment 308508View attachment 308510

the most impressive part of the match is clearly the number of key passes from a number of my players. these led to 5 clear cut chances. moreover, you can see from the 2 CMs, shelvey and lucas, that they have a massive box-to-box presence: 5 key passes, 12 tackles, 8 headers, 3 assists, and 4 goals between them. this was lucas's heatmap. shelvey's was almost a mirror image. View attachment 308515 both have high workrate and stamina which explains how they were able to cover such ground. they're also both pretty decent at creating as they are at destroying:
View attachment 308512

this particular match showed how effective the CMs could be, but the tactic is all the team' passing. i won't post as many pictures for this next match, just my team's stats page: View attachment 308516

wow, 22 key passes (which led to 4 CCCs, 0 to chelsea). some other stats of note are the 9 dribbles by the players in the forward positions (cavani, gotze, suarez, oxlade-chamberlain, and oscar). the center midfield trio are lucas, buiu (regen), and joe allen, who attempted a total of 34 tackles and made 19 total interceptions. players with high aggression are usually the only ones who attempt tackles in that magnitude, but lucas has an aggression of 11, allen of 13, and buiu of 15 (their positioning and tackling is a bit more), yet they were able to attempt nearly 3 dozen all said and done. pretty impressive if i do say so myself. i rarely see this level of defending from my CBs, so to see it from 3 CMs is really awesome. elsewhere, dede and shawcross's headers aren't that impressive because they each have near-max jumping, heading.

i typed a lot more than i thought i would but i hope i've been able to give you a good idea of what this tactic can do. obviously my squad is stacked but i haven't been able to win 8-1 against arsenal with other tactics. moreover, players like oscar, cavani, and suarez were at surprisingly low attribute levels due to long-term injuries, so they're not as good as you think. the standouts in both matches are definitely the CMs and DM though. excellent results from only slightly above-average players (shelvey, joe allen, lucas, though the regen is a world-class all-rounder). absolutely loving their defensive and offensive performances. truly box-to-box player roles.

thanks mate!!

really insightful feedback

i posted this in the eraly days of this thread:

check out the key passes performed by the entire team!! outstanding!! i have heard people say that one of the problems with this FM is that the key passing ratio is very low. only my 2CB's and goalkeeper didnt perform key passes in this match, and quite a few players performed 2/3 key passes. this wasnt a one off game either. the key passing ratio of this tactic is very high, i just have never seen it being so widespread throughout the team.

View attachment 304987

i was very very impressed by all the key passing performed by this tactic.

which of the versions are you using? the latest one?

lately ive been playing around with other tactics, but i will come back to this, as it is probably the best tactic i have ever created. unfortunately it doesnt work as well for weaker teams, so im thinking of making a less offensive version, that doesnt concentrate so much on passing through the middle, however the tweaks ive made to try this havent worked very well. if you have any suggestions let me know.

Veez I need your help pal, I'm trying to turn this tactic into a non-classic one because iv only ever used classic ones (all yours). I need some help with the 3 Amc. Ie who do I put on hold up ball? Player roles? and do I play inside forwards on the lam and ram? They seem to play it to Amc to quickly and he is surrounded al the time. Im Newcastle i have gotze, isco, tassi, nem, errikson, and a few regent with good inside forward stats, defending going well haven't conceded in 6