Classic 41230 by veez - an interpretation of Spain's Euro 2012 false 9 tactic

after 7 straight clean sheets we finally conceeded:

View attachment 304995

they were the only 2 shots they had on target of a game we completely dominated.

this game really ****** me off sometimes

the latest run of clean sheets was also achieved with two of my CB's injured, so i had to resort to wanyama, who had a fall out with me and asked to be transfer listed shortly after the season began. ayew and tiote are also away at the african cup of nations and cabaye has been injured for quite some time too. so i had to use a makeshift defense and midfield for these matches, which makes this run even more impressive.

View attachment 304998

You said : "this is why this tactic was created in classic mode, so that more than one target man may be added. the idea is that both wide AM's are target men, with a "run onto ball" supply"

I'm pretty sure that only the first one in the list is the Target man.
it is not possible to have two target man during a match

If somebody can confirm ?

You said : "this is why this tactic was created in classic mode, so that more than one target man may be added. the idea is that both wide AM's are target men, with a "run onto ball" supply"

I'm pretty sure that only the first one in the list is the Target man.
it is not possible to have two target man during a match

If somebody can confirm ?

im under the impression that it does work. ive seen other tactics do this, for example last years engine expliter tactic by hazza had 2 playmakers.

it seems to work on the pitch though

Didn't start well for me, half time against Newcastle, I'm 4-1 down with Wolves, 2017/2018 season, got a better team than them. Huntelaar has ripped me apart.

EDIT: Finished 4-2 to them, they just ripped me apart, every attack, they scored.

Stats as follows;

Newcastle-Wolves
50%-50% possession
13(8)-16(10) - shots
3-1 - CCC
82%-80% - Passes Completed

Last edited:
Didn't start well for me, half time against Newcastle, I'm 4-1 down with Wolves, 2017/2018 season, got a better team than them. Huntelaar has ripped me apart.

EDIT: Finished 4-2 to them, they just ripped me apart, every attack, they scored.

Stats as follows;

Newcastle-Wolves
50%-50% possession
13(8)-16(10) - shots
3-1 - CCC
82%-80% - Passes Completed

have you implemented this half way through a season? need to give it some time to get fluid. im also working on a few tweaks to make it better defensively.

but you definately need to play a few frindlies with it to hit the ground running

Can't remember where I am in the season, around October I think, yeah I plugged it in and played, after looking, it seems that it was all me, but they just finished their CCC and I didn't create many, but I definitely had more shots, think I'm gonna start a new season an use this, give it a proper test, just gotta decide who with!

Can't remember where I am in the season, around October I think, yeah I plugged it in and played, after looking, it seems that it was all me, but they just finished their CCC and I didn't create many, but I definitely had more shots, think I'm gonna start a new season an use this, give it a proper test, just gotta decide who with!

do you wanna go with big teams, middle or underdogs?

i have a few in mind that might work well with this tactic

chelsea or man city if you wanna go big

middle to big liverpool, arsenal tottenham and ac milan

underdogs, real sociedad have a very interesting squad that would fit in well here.

there are a couple more, just let me give it some thought

Edit: Napoli if you wanna sell or adapt cavani to AMC and athletic bilbao have a squad that would fit well here too

here's a tweaked version i believe to be better both offensively and defensively:

View attachment 305075

to those who have already downloaded the tctic, give it a try and let me know if you think the same way please

cheers

edit:

here's a screenshot of my latest game using the tweaked version

View attachment 305076

Last edited:
so is this with the dc put on zonal marking?

the FB's, also the CM's have direct passing and the wide AM's cut inside and have lower creative freedom so they try less long shots

Sorry about the late reply, I dunno what kind of team I wanna be tbh, I just feel like I'm at a crossroads with FM, dunno who to be, dunno what to do, what tactic to use, that kind of thing, just loading FM up now, so will start a new save, and then load up the usual leagues and have a look around, see what teams tickle my fancy, I'll use your new tactic, so I'll give that a whirl with whoever I end up choosing!

Sorry about the late reply, I dunno what kind of team I wanna be tbh, I just feel like I'm at a crossroads with FM, dunno who to be, dunno what to do, what tactic to use, that kind of thing, just loading FM up now, so will start a new save, and then load up the usual leagues and have a look around, see what teams tickle my fancy, I'll use your new tactic, so I'll give that a whirl with whoever I end up choosing!

been there too mate. this version of FM does that to you. makes you doubt yourself and your methods. but you cant give up! dont let them get the better of you :)

look forward to your feedback!

so the season is coming to an end, and its still all up for grabs!

View attachment 305095View attachment 305096

im pretty much into the final of the europa league and have a chance of winning the premier league, although i can also lose my champions league spot and drop down to as low as 5th if the end of the season doesnt go in our favour, we have some very hard fixtures against all the teams in the top six except united and another game to liverpool.

so the tactic has left us in a very promissing position come the end of the season, but its now that it will really have to prove itself.