Clever Old Fergie!!

Ola Madrid

Reaction score
Now I know Man Utd fans sometimes voice their concerns over the lack of transfer activity in January but this year has been cleverly planned by the man at the top. Instead of whipping out his chequebook Fergie would have been watching the pacic buying from old foe Liverpool and new foe Chelsea.

I bet he chuckled when both the deals went through...

Liverpool
£35,000,000 Andy Carrol
£23,000,000 Luis Suarez

Ok firstly Carroll is injured and will not play for a while. He has a bad reputation and is known as a bit of a bad boy. Suarez also has a reputation and once PUNCHED another player or a ref I can't remember. Suarez is one of those players aswel where I expect him to struggle coming to England. I think both our panic buys and that Liverpool will continue to dordle along for the next few years!

Chelsea
£50,000,000 Fernando Torres

A crazy amount of money on a player that like many have said prefers to spend most of his time on the injury list. Torres is a fantastic player and started off well at Liverpool. I however think he is too sensitive and lets the fans get on his back. He seems to play well only when he is up for it and his consistency is pure cack. Chelsea will now have to struggle to keep him happy and i can see him being flop he too.

Man Utd
£3,000,000ish Anders Lindergaard

Fergie has dipped into the transfer market to pick up a (good) reserve
keeper. He has not changed the team around too much and has looked towards the summer as his main chance to tinker with his high flying team. With United staring at another league title they have only themselves to blame if they lose it now. I see Arsenal as their main opposition for the title. Fergie will know his team plays better in the tailing end of the season and will now be chuckling to himself that Chelsea and Liverpool will now have to re-balance their squads!

This is only MY opinion so please don't let the hate commence. Feel free to comment on YOUR views.

Regards

Ola M

Moved to correct section.

Personally, I would rather my club spent money in areas they need to improve, than not spend at all.

I am sure any United fan wouldn't complain if they had signed either of Torres, Suarez or Carroll.

I think your right. Dunc yeah I would but c'mon £38M for Carroll....way too overpriced for an injured and controversial player who has only been in the league for half a year.

Personally, I would rather my club spent money in areas they need to improve, than not spend at all.

I am sure any United fan wouldn't complain if they had signed either of Torres, Suarez or Carroll.

Berba, Rooney, Chicharito, Macheda and with Welbeck doing well on loan I'm not sure we need a striker.

I wouldn't have complained at spending big on a genuine Scholes replacement, aka not Charlie Adam.

It was funny seeing the money being spent and i'm not bothered that we haven't strengthened the squad as I think it's good enough to win the title. I think SAF has getting something planned for the summer and it's not too surprising seeing no major additions to the squad. I think the fact that SAF sent Cleverley back out on loan to Wigan shows how confident he is.

Berba, Rooney, Chicharito, Macheda and with Welbeck doing well on loan I'm not sure we need a striker.

I wouldn't have complained at spending big on a genuine Scholes replacement, aka not Charlie Adam.

Yeah on second thoughts no need for another ST.
I would see Adam doing well.... but then we would need a creative partner for him.

Manchester united may of looked for a replacement of scholes but I think Fergie knows what he is doing and he will get the right player to come in.

We have good enough squad and i think we will make few signings this summer as there will be few players retiring or moving out.

I would have choked Gill had he spent 35 ******* million on Carroll.

I think your right. Dunc yeah I would but c'mon £38M for Carroll....way too overpriced for an injured and controversial player who has only been in the league for half a year.

he probably was overpriced, but liverpool needed a striker at any cost, else they would be in big trouble for the rest of the season. and to newcastle he is probably worth that much as he was an Idol there and could of kept them in the prem single handidly.

i aslo think it was worth a little extra to liverpool because of the potential partnership with saurez.

after all they have just lost one injury prone striker who is past his best and didnt want to be there, and an average winger. and got two very good young strikers that want to play for the club for a net spend of about 6m.

TBH its not quite as black and white as things seem.

So all of a sudden now Torres is "Past his best" striker and Carroll is one of the best young striker. Hypocrisy at its very best.

Love it or hate it, Torres is still excellent striker, no where near "Past his best". He will playing his peak years at Chelsea.

Liverpool will be happy because they have two signings that will have cos little due to the incoming Torres fee. Chelsea however having spent ALOT of money on a injury prone player must be nervous.

So all of a sudden now Torres is "Past his best" striker and Carroll is one of the best young striker. Hypocrisy at its very best.

Love it or hate it, Torres is still excellent striker, no where near "Past his best". He will playing his peak years at Chelsea.

well its clear he has lost a bit of pace after all his injuries, and as that was a major part of how he plays i would say he is past his best, but stil la world class striker, just not likely to improve.

Carroll has been getting better and better, his 11 league goals in 19 show that, who knows if he is ever going to be a world beater.

Torres was never as prolific a striker at atletico, and his goal scoring record for spain is poor, so i dont think he will do that well at chelsea unless they do what liverpool did and base thier tactics around him. and they have a much better squad so they dont need to do that,

Got to be up there as one of the biggest over valuations of a player ever.

United fans are probably dissapointed they haven't signed anyone but at this moment in time it's not like there's any gaping holes in the side.

United fans are probably dissapointed they haven't signed anyone but at this moment in time it's not like there's any gaping holes in the side.

Well GK & MC is somewhere we need to sort out ASAP

Gotta say im not disappointed to be honest, when you consider the kind of players we need to buy, its too expensive to move in january. Stekelenburg and (hopefully) Hamsik would be expensive enough in the summer as it is

Liverpool will be happy because they have two signings that will have cos little due to the incoming Torres fee. Chelsea however having spent ALOT of money on a injury prone player must be nervous.

He is cheaper and younger than Kaka and is used to the League.
I think Dzeko may have been better value but lets see at the end of the season