Clube Atlético Mineiro- Continuing Traditions

Clube Atlético Mineiro- June Review

June Results
View attachment 262734

Another undefeated month and it was a tough month especially against Internacional, Fluminense, Palmeiras and Cruzeiro. The highlight of the month was the 6-1 win over Gremio which I thought we played our best game all season.

July Fixtures
View attachment 262733

July will feature the return of Copa Libertadores where we will face a very tough Sao Paulo in the Semifinals. Also in July, we will face Sao Paulo 3 times in a span of 11 days.

Brasileirão Standing after June
View attachment 262732

After 12 games, we are in first place with 30 points and undefeated in this competition. Sao Paulo is right behind us with 28 points and the surprising Vitoria, who was just promoted to Serie A last season, are in 3rd with 23 point. 2 time Brasileirão winner Gremio, who recently sacked their coach, find themselves in the relegation zone with 10 points.

Awards

View attachment 262731

5 Atletico Mineiro player were featured in the Team of the Week on June 7th

View attachment 262730

Felipe Santana was the only Atletico Mineiro player featured in Team of the Week on June 15th

View attachment 262729

Lucas Candido was featured in Team of the Week on June 21

View attachment 262728

Pierre was featured in Team of the Week on June 29th​

Clube Atlético Mineiro- Copa America

View attachment 262710

The Copa América Centenario, or the 2016 Centennial Copa America in English is a association football tournament due to be held in the United States in 2016. The competition is a celebration of the centenary of CONMEBOL and Copa América, and is to be the first Copa América hosted outside of South America.

All ten CONMEBOL members will be joined by six CONCACAF teams in the tournament. United States and Mexico will automatically qualify. The other four spots will be given to Costa Rica, the champions of the Central American Football Union by winning the 2014 Copa Centroamericana, Jamaica, the champions of the Caribbean Football Union by winning the 2014 Caribbean Cup, and the other two spots were play-off winners among the four highest finishers in the 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup not already qualified thus Cuba (finishing in the semifinals) and El Salvador (having the highest point total in the group stage since Mexico, USA, and Costa Rica were all in the Semifinals but were already qualified to the competition).

So the Qualified teams of the Copa América Centenario are Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, and Venezuela from CONMEBOL and USA, Mexico, Costa Rica, Jamaica, Cuba, and El Salvador from CONCACAF.

After the Group stage were played, here are the results:

View attachment 262709

So the teams that qualified to the Quarterfinals are Brazil and Chile in Group A, Argentina and Paraguay in Group B, USA and Colombia in Group C, and Uruguay and Ecuador in Group D.

So the knockout stages results are...

View attachment 262703

So Brazil wins their 9th Copa America title. Their journey to to the title include a easy win against Paraguay then a very difficult game against Argentina where both Neymar and Vagner Love scored. In the finals, Brazil defeated Uruguay 1-0 thanks to a goal by Neymar. So...

View attachment 262701
View attachment 262700

Awards

View attachment 262698
View attachment 262699

View attachment 262696
View attachment 262697

View attachment 262691
View attachment 262692

View attachment 262686
View attachment 262688

View attachment 262681
View attachment 262685

Copa America Team of the Tournament
View attachment 262680

Clube Atlético Mineiro- Brasileirão

Clube Atlético Mineiro vs Botafogo de Futebol e Regatas

View attachment 262530
View attachment 262529
View attachment 262528

First game back home after 3 straight away games and we gave our Galo fans a night to remember. Flavio had another big game with a Hat-Trick and an assist to Pierre's goal.

Flavio started with a goal in the 33rd minute when he did a well time shot from range. He then double Atletico's lead after a header from close range. Pierre scored with a header from the 6 yard box after a Flavio assist. Flavio completed his hat-trick when scored on a penalty after Gilberto gave it away.

Next match will be a Brasileirão match against Avai at home.​

Clube Atlético Mineiro- Transfer

View attachment 262527

Today Giovanni Augusto was sold to the Portuguese side Maritimo. Giovanni's party and I both agree this move was the best for his career side he was falling of the depth chart for our attacking midfielders. So I want to wish him luck on his new career with Maritimo.​

Clube Atlético Mineiro vs Avaí Futebol Clube

View attachment 262525
View attachment 262524
View attachment 262523

As I was resting my star players for the Copa Libertadores match, I was very happy with my depth today as they played very well against Avai.

Atletico Mineiro started hot with a goal in the 2nd minute of the game with Tabata shooting a fierce shot from range. Two minutes later, Marion scored with a close range shot to make it 2-0. Flavio scored in the 17th minute to extend the lead. Edison put back one for Avai with a penalty shot after Edcarlos gave it away. To cap off, Felipe scored on a penalty when Carlo gave it away.

Next match will be a Copa Libertadores match against Sao Paulo in Sao Paulo.​

Clube Atlético Mineiro- Copa Libertadores

São Paulo Futebol Clube vs Clube Atlético Mineiro

View attachment 262517
View attachment 262519
View attachment 262518

Very tough match today and I'm happy that we left Sao Paulo with a draw. But I kinda wish we won since had the lead twice.

Lucas Pratto started with a goal in the 4th minute after scoring a placed shot from close range. Denilson tied the game with a well struck effort in the 31st minute. Guilherme regain the lead 4 minutes later when he took advantage from a German Pezzella error. Alan Kardec leveled the game when he seized the opportunity after Datolo made the mistake.

Next game will be a Brasileirão match against Ponte Preta.

Associação Atlética Ponte Preta vs Clube Atlético Mineiro

View attachment 262516
View attachment 262515
View attachment 262514

This game was a very difficult game to win. I honestly thought that we were going to lose this one but my player did not want to give up and we prevailed.

Felipe Amorim scored for Ponte Preta with a well timed close range shot. Felipe tied the game after an accurate shot 3 minutes later. Geraldo regained the lead after a close range finish. Flavio tied the game again when he shot a powerful blast past the keeper. Flavio gave Atletico their first lead of the game when he finished from close range during the dying moment of the game.

Next match will be the 2nd leg of Copa Libertadores Semifinals match against Sao Paulo at home.​

Clube Atlético Mineiro vs São Paulo Futebol Clube

View attachment 262496
View attachment 262494
View attachment 262492

WE ARE IN THE FINALS!!!! For the 2nd time in our history, Atletico will play the Copa Libertadores Finals. We booked our date for the finals in style, destroying Sao Paulo 5-0 and 7-2 on aggregate.

In the 16th minute, Lucas Pratto scored by taking advantage of a Rodrigo Caio error and scored a well timed finish. Lucas Pratto then double Atletico Lead with his 2nd of the night after taking a fierce shot from range. Maicosuel extend the lead with a tidy shot form 13 metres in the 64th minute. To make things bad to worse for Sao Paulo, Bruno received a automatic red after 2 legging Datolo from behind. Two minute later, Ramires took advantage of the extra man and scored a close range shot which was also deflected in. Dodo sealed the deal with with a well timed shot a minute later.

Next match will be a Brasileirão match against Sao Paulo again at home.​

View attachment 262479

So the other finalist for Copa Libertadores is Internacional. Inter will be playing their 2nd straight finals and will be hoping to win again. Internacional history includes 3 Copa Libertadores titles and 1 Club World Cup. Unfortunately for us, we still cannot find a way to beat them since I started this story. In 3 game against Internacional since last season, we are 0-1-2 (W-L-D). In term of this competition, this will be the first ever encounter against these two teams. The 1st leg will be on July 27th in Porto Alegre.

View attachment 262475

Here the road to the finals for both teams.

You're pumping out the updates!
Really enjoying this, good luck in the final! :D

You're pumping out the updates!
Really enjoying this, good luck in the final! :D

Ya after the monthly updates, I was just getting bored writing that much but these single game post is making my life so much easier.

Thank you for the support, hopefully I can finally beat Internacional.

Clube Atlético Mineiro- Copa do Brasil

View attachment 261899

So the draw for the 4th round of Copa do Brasil has been released and and we will face fellow Serie A club Criciuma. This will be the 5th and 6th team that both teams faced each other in this competition with the last time in 1992 when Criciuma defeated Atletico 3-3 on away goals. Both teams have won the competition once with Atletico Mineiro in 2014 and Criciuma in 1991. The 1st leg will be played Heriberto Hulse, Cricuma home stadium, on August 17th.​

Clube Atlético Mineiro vs São Paulo Futebol Clube

View attachment 261841
View attachment 261840
View attachment 261838

After eliminating Sao Paulo in the Semifinals of Copa Liberatdores, we had to face them again but this time for a Brasileirão match. Compared to last game, I used my reserves for this match as the finals will be next match so my first 11 can rest up.

Gaston Gil Romero scored the only goal of the match after scoring his 1st ever goal for Atletico Mineiro when took advantage of Paulo Miranda mistake and scored.

Next match will be the 1st leg of the Copa Libertadores finals against Internacional in Porto Alegre.​

Sport Club Internacional vs Clube Atlético Mineiro

View attachment 261792
View attachment 261791
View attachment 261790

I give up. I cannot find a solution to beat them and with the record that I have against them, it will be impossible try to comeback against them. I will try everything in my power to win the 2nd leg but I don't know.

Charles Aranguiz started the scoring with a penalty shot after Marcos Rocha gave it way. Willian double the lead with a header from close range. Willian scored his 2nd goal after taking advantage of Leonardo Silva error and scored. Lucas Pratto scored an important away goal in the 59th minute when he tucked the ball away.

Next match will be a Brasileirão match against current Brasileirão champions Corinthians.​

Last edited:
For the post above, I don't know why the picture won't load up

Clube Atlético Mineiro vs Sport Club Corinthians Paulista

View attachment 261787
View attachment 261786
View attachment 261785

Another win in Campeonato Brasileirão, another good win with my reserves. We are still undefeated in this competition and now we have a 8 point lead over Sao Paulo. Also after this game, Corinthians have sacked Tite after a terrible season and now riding a 8 game winless streak.

Flavio scored the only goal of the game with a tidy finish from 12 metres.

Next match will be the 2nd leg of the Copa Libertadores Finals against Internacional at home.​

Clube Atlético Mineiro- July Review

July Results
View attachment 261780

Good month as we finished the month with 6 wins of 8 games and made the finals of Copa Libertadores. Unfortunately with are bad record against Internacional, we lost the first game and it will be a hard match of the 2nd leg even at home. League wise, we still didn't lose a game and we defeated 2nd place Sao Paulo to widen the gap.

August Fixtures
View attachment 261779

We will start the month with the 2nd leg of Copa Libertadores finals at home. After the Goias game, we will start the 2nd half of the season against Macae. Also this month will be the start our Copa do Brasil campaign against Criciuma.

Brasileirão Standing after July
View attachment 261777

After 17 games, we are undefeated with 45 points and with an 8 point lead over the 2nd place Sao Paulo. Gremio left the relegation zone and Current Brasileirão champions Corinthians are currently free falling down the standing with a current 8 game winless streak.

Awards

View attachment 261775

Flavio came 2nd in Goal of the Week with a excellent team play against Botafogo on July 5th

View attachment 261774

Tabata came 2nd in Goal of the Week with a classy shot against Avai on July 13th.

View attachment 261773

7 players from Atletico Mineiro were featured in Team of the Week on July 5th.

View attachment 261772

Junior Cesar and Gaston Gil Romero were featured in Team of the Week on July 13th.

View attachment 261771

Felipe was featured in Team of the Week on July 20th.​

Clube Atlético Mineiro- Euro 2016

View attachment 261770

The 2016 UEFA European Championship or known as UEFA Euro 2016 is the 15th European Championship for men's national football teams organised by UEFA. It is scheduled to be held in France from 10 June to 10 July 2016. For the first time, the European Championship final tournament will be contested by 24 teams, having been expanded from the 16-team format that had been used since 1996. Under this new format, the finalists will contest a group stage consisting of six groups of four teams, followed by a knockout stage including three rounds and the final. As hosts, France have automatically qualified for the final tournament, while the other 53 national teams competed in a qualifying competition, running from September 2014 to November 2015, to secure the remaining 23 places.

The winners will earn the right to participate in the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup hosted by Russia. If Germany or Russia win, however, the runner-up will qualify as Germany have already qualified due to winning the 2014 FIFA World Cup, and Russia have qualified as hosts. If both Germany and Russia reach the final, the qualifier will be drawn from the losing semi-finalists.

The 24 teams that qualified to the tournament were France, Croatia, Israel, Russia, Austria, Ukraine, Switzerland, Greece, Italy, Belgium, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Armenia, Sweden, Holland, Slovenia, Portugal, England, Spain, Ireland, Serbia, Germany, Turkey, Czech Republic, and Romania.

After the group stage, here are the results:

View attachment 261769View attachment 261768

So the teams that qualified to the knockout stage were France and Croatia from Group A, Austria and Ukraine from Group B, Italy and Belgium from Group C, Sweden and Holland from Group D, England and Spain from Group E and Germany and Turkey from Group F. Surprisingly, Cristiano Ronaldo and Portugal finished in last place in Group D.

So the Knockout stages result are:

View attachment 261767

So Spain won their 3rd consecutive title after defeating Holland 2-1 on extra time. With this win, Spain is the most successful team to win the Euro Cup with 4 wins. Spain's journey to the finals was defeating the World Champions Germany in the Round of 16, then passing through Austria 3-0 in the Quarters. After defeating Croatia 3-1, they made it to the finals and won 2-1 thanks to Diego Costa and Pedro.

So...

View attachment 261764

Awards

Best Player- Isco
View attachment 261761

Golden Boot- Domenico Berardi
View attachment 261759

Team of the Tournament
View attachment 261758

Today is the day, the 2nd leg of Copa Libertadores Finals. Its the all Brazilian finals between Clube Atlético Mineiro vs Sport Club Internacional. This will be Atletico Mineiro 2nd ever final while Internacional will play their 4th final.

View attachment 261757

Today match will be the Estádio Independência and it will feature a majority of the Galo fans. Last match, Internacional won 3-1 in Porto Alegre. Atletico needs at least a 2-0 win to win the title on away goals and Internacional can lose 1-0 and still win the title. With my record against Internacional with 2 draws and 2 lost in 4 games, this will be a tough game for us. Fun Fact: When Atletico Mineiro won the title in 2013, they were down 2-0 in the 1st game against Olimpia before comeback 2-0 in the 2nd game and winning on it on penalties.

There are Atletico fans on the street cheering:

View attachment 261756
View attachment 261755

and fans are set in the stadium waiting for the teams to come in and the Galo fans are making sure that everyone in South America can here them.

View attachment 261754
View attachment 261753

Here are the line up for both teams:

View attachment 261752View attachment 261751

Our squad looks the exact same from the last match expect Jemerson will start over Leonardo Silva. I'm hoping Lucas Pratto will do his magic today and I need a big game from Ramires and Jadson. I have to look out of Willan as he been scoring on us almost every game.

As the officials go to the middle, they signal both goalies to see if they are ready. Atletico will start the game.

*TWEET*

5th minute: Petros passes the ball to D'Alessandro and beats Jadson. He then pass to Nicolas Bertolo and runs up. Bertolo shoots at the net..... SAVE BY VITOR!!!

13th minute: Marcos Rocha threw the throwin far into the box. Cardenas see the ball and volley it..... CLEARED OF THE LINE BY BRUNO PERES!!!

16th minute: Guilherme passes to Datolo and surges pass Bruno Peres. Datolo crosses the ball to the 6 yard box and Lucas Pratto jumps higher than Rafael Toloi. He heads it.... OHHH JUST WIDE!!!

21st minute: Marcos Rocha takes the throw-in and gave it to Cardenas. Cardenas runs up to the box and see Jadson wide open. Jadson shoot.... HITS THE CROSSBAR AND GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLL!!!!! Jadson makes it 1-0 for Atletico and the fans are going crazy knowing that one more goal will win them the title.

View attachment 261750

25th minute: Farfan runs the ball up and finds Willian open. Great play by Willian as he gets himself open. Willian shoots..... OHHH JUST WIDE!!

38th minute: Jemerson passes the ball to Jadson and runs forward. jadson plays a wonderful ball to Cardenas in the box. Mena stops Cadenas but Jadson grabs the loose ball and shoot.... SAVE BY ALISSON!!

42nd minute: Freekick for Atletico Mineiro. Pena takes down Cardenas. Jadson lines up for the kick. Jadson shoot.... JUST OVER THE BAR!!!

45th minute: The referee adds one more minute of extra time.

45th +1 minute: The official calls Halftime.

Its 1-0 for Atletico Mineiro, they only need one more goal to win the cup and if Inter can hold it, they are the champions.

Kickoff: the official gets ready for the 2nd half. Internacional will start. Internacional substitution: Bertolo comes off and Paulao comes in.

*TWEET*

47th minute: Freekick for Atletico Mineiro. Bruno Peres tackles Datolo. Datolo lines up the freekick. Datolo shoot.... JUST OVER THE BAR!!

60th minute: Datolo takes the corner kick. He swings it to the middle. Ramires heads it..... SAVE BY ALISSON!!

61st minute: Substitution for Internacional. Andre D'Alessandro went off and was replaced by Bertotto.

63rd minute: Ramires takes the throw-in ad gives it to Guilherme. Guilherme see Datolo open and passes. Datolo immediately passes back to Guilherme who crosses the ball to the middle. The ball goes to Pratto and he heads it.... JUST OVER THE BAR!!

67th minute: Yellow card to Felipe Santana.

69th minute: Substitution for Atletico. Guilherme comes off and Dodo goes in.

74th minute: Datolo takes the corner kick. He swings it to Jadson and volley it... SAVE BY ALISSON!! But ball flies back to the area and Felipe Santana heads it and hit a defender in the back. Cardenas see the ball and shoot.... SAVE BY ALISSON!!

75th minute: Substitution for Atletico. Ramires is replaced by Pierre.

88th minute: Substitution for Internacional. Charles Aranguiz comes off and Alex goes in.

90th minute: Throw in for Atletico Mineiro. The referee adds another 3 minutes into the game. Marcos Rocha takes it and gives it to Pierre who immediately passes to Emerson Conceicao. He plays it to Dodo and runs with it. Looks back to Jemerson and gives it to Jadson. Jadson sees Cardenas open and plays it. Cardenas is unmarked and he shoots.... JUST WIDE!!

90th +3 minute: The Official ends the game. INTERNACIONAL WIN THE 2016 COPA LIBERTADORES FOR THE 2ND CONSECUTIVE YEAR!!

View attachment 261749
View attachment 261748

View attachment 261747
View attachment 261746

Even when we finally beat Internacional, it still feels like a loss. We were so close to winning, we couldn't take advantage off our 31 shots. And now Internacional won their 2nd straight title (4th overall) and will be going back to the Club World Cup and possibly face Manchester City again for a rematch.

View attachment 261745
View attachment 261744
View attachment 261743

View attachment 261742

Awards

View attachment 261741
View attachment 261740

View attachment 261739
View attachment 261738

View attachment 261736
View attachment 261737

Team of the Competition