Clueless Kaarto manages Bath City (Skrill South: End of Season 1!)

Kaarto7

Reaction score
Clueless Kaarto manages Bath City

BATH CITY LEGENDS

SAVE HISTORY
2013/14- Skrill South- 4th
2014/15- Skrill South- 1st
2015/16- Skrill Premier- 18th
2016/17- Skrill Premier- 3rd
2017/18- Skrill Premier- 18th
2018/19- Skrill Premier- 9th

SEASON 1
Kaarto, who has previously played Sunday league football, has been signed as the manager of Bath. The minimum expectation for the club is achieve a mid-table finish in the Skrill South. Kaarto has a £5,617 wage budget to work with after lowering the winning reward.

My idea, at least at the start of this save, is to gain promotion within two seasons, and focus heavily on youth prospects.

TRANSFERS: OUT
The main aim when I join a Skrill South club is to clear out any wage hogs and also trim down the squad to only necessary players. First to go was Jim Rollo, a 37 year old player/coach who played in right back. Next was Josh Low, one of the sides best players. My tactics simply didn’t facilitate his MR position, which along with his £400 p/week wages. Andy Watkins was the next to go, due to being mediocre. Brad Norris (22) and Noah Keats (21) were both strikers with potential in our U/21’s, but due to wage and an unnecessary amount of strikers both players were released.

TRANSFERS: IN

Michael Uwezu (ST)
View attachment 355508
Signed on £230 a week, his rounded stats appealed to me, and he joined the side. There were not many good ST options available.

Gethin Jones (CB)
View attachment 355514
I’m guessing this man is on some sort of shortlist for Skrill South players because he is an absolute jet and signed for only £240 per week. Heading, Marking, Tackling, Determination, Positioning, Teamwork, Workrate and Strength, I am very confident that I have signed the best CB in the Skrill South.

Ladjie Soukouna (MC/Everywhere)
View attachment 355512
Signed for his amazing versatility, he will hopefully ensure that I will never struggle to cover a position. His strength is also a very nice stat.

Moses Swaibu (CB)
View attachment 355509
Has all the key stats for a CB. Once again he only took £250 per week on wages, keeping the wage budget with some space to fill.

Adu Williams Tanko (GK)
View attachment 355515
16 year old regen goalkeeper, signed as back-up for my first team goalkeeper Jason Mellor. The market had no quality GK’s, so I decided to go for a young GK with a heap of potential, who also wouldn’t let the side down should he be called upon. I’ve found Determination is a very important stat in the Skrill South, so that definitely helps.

Jordan Johnson (ST/AMLR)
View attachment 355513
Signed as an AML/R, simply because there was no one on the market for those positions, and I needed back-up quickly. Pace and Natural fitness look good, but he will definitely only be second choice in that position.

Matt Mabbutt (DC)
View attachment 355511
Had some wage budget still left over with the first team I wanted, so thought I may as well sign some regens on very cheap contracts. Managed to get this guy on £5 a week, and my Assistant Manager (13/15 Judging) already think he is a decent Skrill South player, at the age of 15. 195cm, 14 strength, Determination and Teamwork, what’s not to love.

Scott Shulton (AM)
View attachment 355510
Very late signing, as I still didn’t have anyone in the squad who could play natural AMC. Not a player I particularly wanted, but he was the best of some bad options. Penalties, Free Kick Taking and Corners will come in handy. Also plays MC naturally, which is always good.

TACTICS
I am an absolute spud when it comes to creative tactics, so I just try and make something basic and let my team do the work. I like symmetry.
T1K6nq0.jpg

FRIENDLIES
Overall a mixed bag, and our frail defence has me considering reverting the complete wing back’s in my tactic to limited full back’s. I was happy with our competiveness against Skrill Premier sides, and even slotting 3 goals against Leyton Orient. Our first match is against Bishop’s Stortford.
U8HA4pI.jpg

pxpmeqluu9zx3yn8.D.0.728x90_3.jpg
pxpmeqluu9zx3yn8.D.0.728x90_3.jpg

Last edited:
I think option B myself but it is up to you. :) Good luck!

February 1st 2014

END OF JANUARY REPORT

We have reached the end of January and the team is performing above expectations, sitting in 4th. Even though we are well above expectations, it is frustrating that our side seems capable of sitting even higher on the table, but we just lapse and lose matches that we really shouldn't . There is barely any space between 4th and 11th, meaning that we could drop into mid-table mediocrity very quickly. Some of our signings have exceeded expectations, while others have completely failed me.

Last edited:
February 1st 2014

END OF JANUARY REPORT

4HdIqWv.jpg

We were hit with 4 injuries at the start of the season, which wasn't welcome. It was so frustrating how we couldn't climb into the top echelon of teams with draw after draw. Scott Shulton, our AM slotted a couple of goals and a few assists, proving my concerns about his signing wrong and establishing himself as our key player. Meanwhile Scott Wilson (A striker already at Bath;remember the name!) was sitting on the bench, which was revealed to be a major mistake in the future. Jordan Johnson, yet another signing collected 3 goals in this 9 game period, very good for a player who I am playing as an AMR. It has definitely been my signings that have been performing well, which is pleasing.

Last edited:
Fantastic read! With Bath being a local club for me I am going to enjoy this!

February 1st 2014

END OF JANUARY REPORT

rK9WoAG.jpg

This was very confusing 9 matches for the side. First, we continued our good form against Chelmsford and Sutton Utd, with Scott Shulton scoring another goal. But then, inexplicably, the side loses 3 matches in a row, causing morale to drop and Bath to fall away from the top of the table. Then, with poor morale the team magically bounces back with some triumphant performances to finish off. Scott Wilson(ST), who I had finally decided to finally PUT ON THE FIELD, scored 6 goals in those 4 games, stamping himself on the team sheet for the rest of the season. Scott Shulton was player of the match or thereabouts in those last 4 matches, showing how important he is to the side.

Last edited:
February 1st 2014

END OF JANUARY REPORT

UuzsfNn.jpg

A mixed bag, but a few away losses aren’t horrible. At this stage we are sitting around the 4th to 5th position, with Eastleigh already bursting away from the pack in 1st. Jordan Johnson (5 goals in 9 games) was prolific playing as an AMR, while star signing Scott Shulton was laying off the assists as usual. Unfortunately inform man Johnson was injured in the victory against Ebbsfleet. This brings us to the end of January.

Last edited:
Fantastic read! With Bath being a local club for me I am going to enjoy this!
Thanks mate. If you have anything you'd like changed, anything extra you'd like me to discuss, then please let me know :)

February 1st 2014

END OF JANUARY REPORT

2yby7VP.jpg

FA CUP

0WR27oq.jpg

We beat some shocking sides and then went down to Aldershot. Nothing out of the ordinary...

FA TROPHY

6P1h4V3.jpg

We were doing very well, and then we were beaten by Skrill Premier side Hereford United. I thought we were unlucky to go down, as we controlled the match.

NOTE: Because Scott Wilson is a key player, I've added his screenshot here, in case you want to look at his stats.
View attachment 353478

At this point of the year, we are not really a chance of securing first place, but I’m hoping for a secure playoff spot followed by a promotion.

Last edited:
March 13th 2014

YOUTH INTAKE
I felt it was necessary to do a short report on the youth intake every year, as I feel it can be very important for Skrill South sides and it is always exciting what you can get.
KKnFHYM.jpg

Or maybe it’s not that exciting. I was really hoping for someone who could back-up the first team. We picked up one bearable youth prospect, Craig Miller, stats shown below. Although he does look alright, I am not confident of improving him with our basic training facilities, and I would also hope that in 3-5 years when he is ready for first team football we will have outgrown him. We will see. They were all signed on £0 per week contracts, so no harm done there.

omSSOwn.jpg

June 1st 2014

END OF SEASON REPORT
YM6t8Dj.jpg

We were stuck down with injuries, with star player Scott Shulton out, and it showed in our results. Two solid home wins backed by good performances by Lamar Powell, who slotted 2 in 2 from AML. Despite a hat trick from star striker Scott Wilson we went down in a goal fest against Dover, and continued to slide with two close losses.

Last edited:
June 1st 2014

END OF SEASON REPORT
hyzpqh1.jpg

Good run of results after we dropped out of a playoff position. Lamar Powell got 4 goals in 5 games, along with Scott Wilson who collected 5 in 5. This section of good results also coincided with the triumphant return of Scott Shulton.

Last edited:
June 1st 2014

END OF SEASON REPORT
I7Tglrq.jpg

This was another decent run of results which puts us in 4th​ place, giving us a playoff for promotion. Scott Wilson got another 5 goals in 5 games. Unfortunately against Hayes and Yeading key players Dan Ball (LB), Jordan Johnson (AMR) and Scott Shulton (AMC) all got injured, and they aren’t coming back until the playoff match. To further add to the pain key veteran player Joe Burnell (MC) got a red card against Gosport, leaving the squad depleted. Despite these problems we finish off the season strongly.

Last edited:
June 1st 2014

END OF SEASON REPORT

UmAmhEv.jpg

PLAYOFF RESULTS

os4Kf8F.jpg

We won the first leg 2-1 thanks to goals from star centre-back Gethin Jones and our right winger Jordan Johnson. Unfortunately we just couldn’t hold our lead in the second leg, with Gethin Jones giving away a penalty in the 19th​ minute which resulted in a Bobby Behzadi goal. Around the 70th​ Bath went into overload,desperate to score, but a goal from Drew Wood in the 91st​ minute sealed our fate. We are not being promoted this season.

I really wasn’t too disappointed as this gives us another year to strengthen the squad and hopefully gain promotion. I'm looking for a definite promotion next season.

Last edited:
June 1st 2014

END OF SEASON REVIEW

It has come to the end of the season, and I will be reviewing our star players and some players who are on the way out.

BzztDWh.jpg

Both Scott Shulton and Scott Wilson made the top 5 for average rating in the competition, with Shulton 2nd​ in assists and Wilson 3rd​ in the goal tally.

jaPSHL4.jpg

Here is how the side performed for the year. Scott Shulton, our star signing was part of 34 goals in 41 appearances for the club, a stellar effort. Scott Wilson scored 24 goals in 35 appearances. Powell,Jones, Johnson, Swaibu, Ball, Connolly and Simpson are all established first team players who played well for the side throughout the season. Allen, Adelsbury,Mellor and Uwezu are all safe at the club, while Joe Burnell has been signed on for one more year before I say goodbye. Stearn and Gallinagh simply haven’t performed to standards, and their contracts will not be renewed. Ladje Soukouna is on low wages and is a backup for every position, so I am fine with him and Matt Mabbutt (£5 wages) staying at the club.

Here are a couple of screenshots of our key players who aren’t featured in the opening post:

Scott Wilson (7.12): View attachment 353477

Lamar Powell (6.96):View attachment 353476

Dan Ball (6.87): View attachment 353475

Kaarto has signed on for a further 2 years at the club following his stellar management performance in the first season. He also came second in the manager of the season award.

August 1st 2014

SEASON 2

Failed to find any useful players willing to come to the club on realistic wages, so I had to basically keep the same starting line up. Made a link with Northampton Town, but their loan listed players were either not good enough or too good.

TRANSFERS OUT

Andy Gallinagh and Ross Stearn did not get new contracts after very average performances and high wage demands. They haven’t been signed by another club yet, lending credence to my decision.

TRANSFERS IN

Paul McCone
View attachment 353267
Looks very average but I needed LB/RB backup and he has League 2 potential. Cheap wages.

Sam Warburton
View attachment 353265
He has bearable defensive stats, last option LB backup, not paying any of his wages. Why not.

Isaac Vassell
View attachment 353264
Overpaid, but I desperately needed someone who could play both wings. Very nice physical stats will hopefully get him through at this level.

TACTICS
So, forget to screenshot my tactics. It is almost the same as my tactic from the start of last season in the opening post. The only thing that he changed is one of my CM's is a Ball Winning Midfielder on defend. Other than that we are using the same tactic as last season.

FRIENDLIES
Results were to be expected, but I was very happy with our win over the Crystal Palace U21’s. We were also at 1-1 with Blackburn (in the Premier League) for most of the game, which was impressive. Scott Shulton and Scott Wilson were once again the key performers. We are expected to finish in 10th​ by the media, but I really think we should be gaining promotion. The majority of our players are locked down until 2016, before I will probably have to fully rebuild because they will all want stupid wages. I’m hoping that we can get promoted before 2016 so that we don’t have to rebuild again in the Skrill South.

lKWLJI3.jpg

Last edited:
February 1st 2015

END OF JANUARY REPORT

UQbS6yh.jpg

Solid set of results putting us right up top from the start. Scott Wilson and Scott Shulton (broken record??) dominating as per usual. We sit in first, and hopefully we can stay there. Scott Wilson scoring goals for fun.

Last edited:
February 1st 2015

END OF JANUARY REPORT

imJ9YOU.jpg

This block of results was domination with a random loss against Burnley. We are really starting to create a buffer at the top of the table. Shulton is a god.

February 1st 2015

END OF JANUARY REPORT

sY4SGBX.jpg

And this was just more of the same. Look at the scorer’s list. Shulton. Wilson. Shulton. Wilson. Shulton. Wilson. Shulton. Wilson.The day I decided against my will that I would sign some spud named Scott Shulton as backup was the luckiest day of my life.

February 1st 2015

END OF JANUARY REPORT

I forget to screenshot the league table right away, so enjoy your spoiler for one game in the future. We are sitting comfortably in 1st​ position, with usual suspects Scott Shulton and Scott Wilson dragging us to the top. Bar any major calamities we should win the title and be playing in the Skrill Premier next season.

FMPJ7G1.jpg

FA CUP

TRh4Mm6.jpg

We got through to the second round before getting hammered. Thought it was a pretty good effort. I really don't care about the cups that much, but I guess it gives a little bit of extra money to the club when we do well.

FA TROPHY

Vxs2g4p.jpg

We got knocked out straight away. Very disappointed to lose to a fellow Skrill South team in the cup.

Sorry for the lack of detail, but there really isn’t much to describe. I put Scott Wilson and Scott Shulton on the park with the same tactic for every match and they just put the ball in the back of the net. I don't really want to write just to fill space, so I'm quite happy with this brief style until we get into the Skrill Premier and things get interesting. Obviously then we'll have transfer movements, making new tactics, results meaning something etc. For the time being though we are just rolling through and dominating the league, so I'm going to be quite brief.