Clueless Kaarto manages Bath City (Skrill South: End of Season 1!)

March 13th 2015

YOUTH INTAKE
VywUOMs.jpg

We got a few decent players in this intake, definitely an improvement over last year. Oliver Pugh and Cleveland Ross are obviously my best prospects. Don’t rate my chances of ever improving Colin Lee or Liam Pett in my facilities. Here’s a look at the top prospects.

Oliver Pugh: View attachment 353120

Cleveland Ross: View attachment 353119

Last edited:
June 1st 2015

END OF SEASON REPORT

pq7fSW3.jpg

Yet another good run of results. Promotion is basically assured at this stage.

o70MB8t.jpg

Sorry, doubled up on the Welling matches in the screenshots. We mathematically secured the title and therefore promotion in the match against Billericay. After that the team clearly didn’t give a ****. I guessed they were just feeding off their manager, who was trying to rush through the matches as quickly as possible.

LEAGUE TABLE

gA7rEqs.jpg

And there we go, promotion! Welcome to the Skrill Premier Bath City!

Last edited:
June 1st 2015

END OF SEASON REVIEW

WQVNOdr.jpg

Scott Shulton dominated the competition. Enough said.

GpTck6l.jpg

Shulton was a part of 56 goals in 48 appearances, along with Wilson who was part of 44 goals in 46 appearances. These two are both contracted until 2016 (one more season), and then I’m afraid their wage demands will be insane. Lamar Powell keeps putting in great performances on a non-contract which is the most ideal situation. Adam Connolly had a good season, but I really don’t rate him that highly and he will be the first to go if I need to clear wage space to make some big signings going into next year. Jones, Ball and Swaibu did their usual solid jobs in the defence. Michael Uwezu’s spot is in a bit of danger, I really don’t rate him. Even though his appearances are mainly off the bench, his scoring (even when I start him) is pathetic. Vassell has been satisfactory. I will probably be replacing Mellor with a higher quality goalkeeper for the Skrill Premier. Johnson and Simpson churned out respectable seasons and will be part of the side next season. Joe Burnell hasn’t really performed; he is 34 and wants high wages, meaning he was never really a chance of being re-signed. Mabbutt, Soukouna and McCone will stay as back-up, but I’m looking at getting rid of either Allan or Adelsbury to clear space for a high quality CM.

Season 3

We are now in the Skrill Premier, with the aim of avoiding relegation. We have very few players who are rated as Skrill Premier quality, so I’m anticipating that this will be a hard season. The board has given me £7887 to work with, about £2000 more than last season. This definitely gives me a bit of breathing space to sign some genuine Skrill Premier quality players.

TRANSFERS: OUT

Ladjie Soukouna was getting annoyed about a lack of first team football, and I really don’t believe he is first team quality, so he has left on loan to Boreham Wood (Skrill South). Joe Burnell, the 34 year old experienced midfielder has left the club. He made 68 league appearances for us during my tenure and played a satisfactory role. Midfielder Chris Allen was released to make way for new central midfield signings. Allen made 54 league appearances while I was the club, with only 4 goals and 7 assists. Just wasn’t good enough for Skrill Premier in my opinion. Adam Connolly ​(MC) was a harder decision, making 80 league appearances while I was present, and playing with an average rating of 7.00 last season. He made way for another signing.

TRANSFERS: IN

Anthony Charles (DC)
View attachment 352223
Made a bit of a mistake with this signing. I was looking for someone to compete with Gethin Jones, and his cheap wages enticed me. Not sure if I will play him much, but I can always use him as back-up.

Richie Baker (MC)
View attachment 352222
Very solid signing. I’ve started to look at decent mentals a lot more when signing players, and he fit the bill. He has all round good stats, I’m looking for him to play a major role for the team replacing Connolly/Allen in the centre of midfield.

Theo Lewis (AMC)
View attachment 352221
My scout (16/15 ratings, so I feel I can trust him) said that he was a good signing for Skrill Premier sides, so I jumped on him. The skill stats that I care about are all 8 or above, and he has decent mentals and physicals. He is an accomplished AMR, AML and ST. He will probably backup all those positions, and maybe break into a Wing position if he can perform well.

Adam Mitter (DC)
View attachment 352219
I’ve created a counter attacking tactic with 5 at the back, so I felt it was necessary to sign another centre-back. My scout told me he would be a good player for Skrill Premier so I signed him up. Really not sure how important physical stats are for a centre-back, but hopefully they serve him well.

Elvijs Putnins (GK)
View attachment 352218
I was VERY excited about this signing. My BEST signing. No more Jason Mellor, we now have this absolute gun in the side. Has amazing stats, will be in the first team all year.

Ross Lafayette (ST)
View attachment 352217
I am very hesitant about this signing. I looked at Ross’s history and he really hasn’t scored many goals in the past. This signing was completely brought about because I have 0% faith in Michael Uwezu to put the ball in the back of the net. Once again, good mental stats, finishing and first touch. He should be able to do a job backing up Scott Wilson.

Lee Mansell (MC)
View attachment 352216
Made this signing a few weeks into the season, but included him here anyway. He has outstanding mentals along with amazing natural fitness. Because of his skill stats mainly being defensive he will be playing as my ball winning midfielder rather than my deep lying playmaker. He’s been playing in League 2 for the last 7 seasons, great pick up.

Good read this mate, congratulations on winning promotion...some great signings for your season in the skrill prem!!

TACTICS

cdMwME8.jpg

I wanted to get a bit more serious with tactics, so I dedicated some time pre-season to fiddling with them. After lots of changing, I settled on what I was using last season for my ‘Standard’ tactic. I also designed a counter-attacking tactic for use against the top teams in the league when we are away from home. I had no idea what I was doing, and it didn’t work well in pre-season, so time will tell whether I bother using it.

vu3gPfN.jpg

FRIENDLIES

FrQxcoE.jpg

Keep up the good work ^^
btw can you put the table always like you put it at the end of the season ^^

February 1st 2016

END OF JANUARY REPORT

N340K8m.jpg

These opening results were very worrying. Scott Wilson was nowhere to be seen in the scorers list, maybe indicating that he just isn’t good enough to play at this level. 11 points in 10 games is very worrying, and our defenders are struggling. Shulton is our only shining light. We scored the first two against Halifax before going down 3-2, which is extremely frustrating.

February 1st 2016

END OF JANUARY REPORT

ClGpLpx.jpg

By this stage it is obvious we will be fighting off relegation, which is our aim anyway. 12 points in 8 games is pretty solid, especially with wins against good sides Ebbsfleet and Dag & Red. Our performances have been well rounded, with no dominating performances a la Shulton and Wilson so far this season. I get frustrated with this game sometimes because every team around me seems to constantly match my performances, so the team has been fluctuating everywhere on the table. We have a tendency to fall asleep when we get ahead which is another worrying sign. Once again, our scorers are well-rounded.

February 1st 2016

qL8EtCy.jpg

Another set of performances very similar to the first two. Signing Theo Lewis is making an impact, while Baker has been very disappointing. Scott Wilson is satisfactory without really being in form. Our new keeper has definitely been an improvement over Mellor. Matches against Grimsby and Gateshead were thrown away once again. Matt Mabbutt and Isaac Vassell have been playing well.

February 1st 2016

END OF JANUARY REPORT

LEAGUE TABLE

E2vmmVE.jpg

We are sitting in mid-table, but it certainly isn't a comfortable mid-table position. With 20th only 5 points away relegation is still a possibility.

FA CUP
PtR2oWO.jpg

Disappointing.

FA TROPHY

1RmyNiF.jpg

This was a very pleasing run that definitely helped the club finances (Our financial status is 'Okay' which is better than many other sides). We rolled over teams like Ebbsfleet (6th in Skrill Premier), Cambridge (3rd in Skrill Premier) and Chester (7th in Skrill Premier). We fell to Tamworth in a close game. While it was disappointing that we lost we still collected a heap of money for the club.

At this stage the only aim is to avoid relegation. Most contracts at the club expire at the end of this season. I will be looking to resign Swaibu, Ball, Adelsbury, Wilson and Shulton. The rest of the players will be on their way (barring this season's signings), having shown they just aren’t good enough for Skrill Premier level. Assuming I stay up I’m excited for the rebuild. If we go down I’m worried that we could fall back into mid-table of the Skrill South and the save will go into a frustrating lull. Time will tell I guess.

Last edited:
March 13th 2016

YOUTH INTAKE

rauXtur.jpg

Where is the star striker who will pull our side into the Premier League? What about a rock solid centre back that won’t let any goals through for the next 15 years? Unfortunately I might be aiming a little high. Ryan Pryce is a good pick-up, along with Clarke Milne, who already has decent stats.

Ryan Pryce:

oEp1eCY.jpg

PAST YOUTH PROSPECTS

Craig Miller (Season 1)
View attachment 351338

Starting to start some games in the first team mainly due to his amazing physicals.

Oliver Pugh (Season 2)
View attachment 351337
Acting as a nice back-up for DC and DL on low wages. Not ready for regular first team action yet.

June 1st 2016

END OF SEASON REPORT

iCxnDA4.jpg

How about we win some games? We people at Bath love scoring the opening 1-3 goals, and then falling asleep and losing. We scored the first two against Lincoln, the first goal against Altrincham and Hayes, and then the first 4 GOALS against Nuneaton. It was a similar tale against Chester, where we scored the first 4. At this stage I am absolutely livid. I’m aggressively telling my players how bad they are, and then telling them again just to make sure they are as confused and demotivated as they should be. I approach them at training and tell them how bad they are playing again. I have sealed the fate of Gethin Jones. The king of the 4.7 rating will not be receiving a new contract. We are definitely relegation threatened. HOLD ON TEAM.

June 1st 2016

END OF SEASON REPORT

cu7Qmcz.jpg

What are these, wins? We actually won a few matches in here, which made me slightly happier, but all of the teams below me have magically starting winning at the same time as me, which means I am only 4 points out of the relegation. I honestly cannot be stuffed rebuilding in the Skrill South, please Bath. LIFT. We’ve beaten Cambridge, who are right at the top, we’ve beaten Braintree, we HAVE THE ABILITY. I am extremely nervous about the prospect of relegation, especially considering my job status has collapsed from ‘Untouchable’ to ‘Secure’ in a couple of months. I hope my… laptop doesn’t die/ computer doesn’t crash/save doesn’t delete if I get relegated…Andre Blackman is a loan signing I made at AML, along with some other guy. Both of them are performing like idiots and ‘Seeming Disenchanted’ whenever possible, so I doubt they will deserve much first team football.

June 1st 2016

END OF SEASON REPORT

QdZ3qfJ.jpg

Another terrible run of results, but the sides below me didn’t win anything either, so I stay up. Rather than the exciting situation where I needed a win from the last game to stay up (which would have been great for the story) instead everyone below me just stopped winning. I really enjoyed our 6-0 win against Alfreton in our last league fixture. It felt like it was a special send off for a solid group of players who I signed at the beginning of the save.

June 1st 2016

END OF SEASON REPORT

LEAGUE TABLE
J9nOWuH.jpg

Didn’t look that close in the end, simply because Lincoln lost their last 5+ in a row. We stay up, and now we are ready to re-build and push up the table.

Disappointing season that mate, hope you can make some signings and start challenging at the other end of the table next season!!