Clueless Kaarto manages Bath City (Skrill South: End of Season 1!)

February 1st 2019

END OF JANUARY REPORT

nPNAMxO.jpg

Once again, very average performances from the side. New signing Gnanduillet began finishing some chances, while Broghammer has continued his goal scoring ways.

February 1st 2019

END OF JANUARY REPORT

UsFvI2u.jpg

I am a lot happier with this run of results. Scott Shulton and Gnanduillet have been slotting goals at will, and we have climbed up the table. 21 points in 10 games is a very good effort.

February 1st 2019

END OF JANUARY REPORT

TABLE

dyTJ2DO.jpg

As you can see, we are challenging for a playoff position. I am desperate to gain promotion, I don’t really want to be at page 20 of this story finishing 7th​ in the Skrill Premier.

FA CUP

fuJ8ofP.jpg

This was an amazing cup run that nearly has the club out of debt. We played very well until the match against Sheffield United, where we were just thoroughly outplayed. The highlight video for the Peterborough game is here (Quality isn’t ideal but it’s watchable in my opinion) We had some great finishes from Gnanduillet as well as our fair share of luck. This was overall just a great run to have.

[video=youtube;DkvpOsElN8E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkvpOsElN8E[/video]
FA TROPHY

tytEr7L.jpg

This was pretty much the expected run. Unfortunately the team just didn’t turn up on the day against Skrill South side Maidenhead.

June 1st 2019

END OF SEASON REPORT

DK5rBJW.jpg

A couple of bad losses, but we pulled it back with some good results to end the month. Shulton tore this month apart with outstanding performances, which I don’t understand because attribute wise he is probably the worst player in the side. Gnanduillet is performing to expectations, with everyone else chipping in. The defence has definitely been frail, conceding a lot of goals which is worrying.

June 1st 2019

END OF SEASON REPORT

IbYfCjF.jpg

You may notice the name Jack Redshaw just a little bit in this final set of results. Gnanduillet went down with a 6 month injury after our first match, so I moved swiftly and pick Redshaw up on a 2 month loan. He had 14 pace and 15 finishing, and provided an ample (or even improved) temporary replacement for Gnanduillet. Scott Wilson is back from injury, but I’m really not sure whether to play him or not. He is now only one and a half stars, so I didn’t play him this season. If you are still bothering to read this story, what do you think I should do? Show loyalty and give another chance to my all-time top league goal scorer, even though he is only rated as a decent player for Skrill South sides? Or should I just thank him and say goodbye? A very average set of results to end the season, which seems to be a trend. If we could’ve just won those 3 matches at the start instead of drawing we might have been right in contention for the playoffs. Instead we have to be content with upper-mid table.

LEAGUE TABLE

OSKM0ED.jpg

As you can see, a very even and high performing top half made it difficult for me to challenge for promotion. I’m slowly getting disheartened and wondering if I will ever be able to gain promotion with my miniscule wage budget.

Keep it going, I'm enjoying reading it :) Its better than reading through the countless premiership play-throughs and manager stories. I think i would get rid of S.Wilson, if he's not going to be able to perform at the right level needed then i think its obvious what needs to happen.

Updates are going to slow for a while. Generally sick of the game and it's lack of logic. Also, I don't see how I'm ever going to get promoted.

Kaarto, losing is part of the game, it can be frustrating as **** sometimes not to be promoted, but at other times it is a beautiful thing. Also if you really get sick of the Skill Premier why not just take another job? The Dutch leagues can be interesting because the competition between the Juliper league and the Everdise is so close, also don't be afraid to branch out and try another league/accept another job.

Sometimes the best of stories are the ones where the unexpected happens.

June 1st 2019

END OF SEASON REVIEW

10zY5a4.jpg

Scott Shulton once again was our top performer, as he has been since I signed him in season 1. Adam Mitter finally played to his abilities, performing with a high average rating and even slotting a few useful headers. Gnanduillet and Broghammer played brilliantly for the team, especially Gnanduillet’s goal scoring in the second half of the year. I am excited about what he can produce when he has fully settled at the club. Tom Kennedy put in good performances, but at 33 he will not be going around for Bath again. Even though Dominic Smith performed okay, I will be looking to offload him as I completely hate him. He is that one ***** that gets demotivated/confused/switched off after my perfect team talk, and I’m just sick of it. Kamara, Marchal, Harrop and Cook are all first team players who can only get better with another year at the club. I was slightly disappointed by Joe Riley’s performances; as a league 2 standard player I expect him to be putting in better performances. Paul Brown and Craig Roddan will be given another season to improve, while useless performances from Miller, Patten, Morias and Burridge will see them leave on loan to relieve us of their wages. I was really surprised with Dominic Iorfa, the solid centre back we signed has been very poor, but will still get another season to prove himself. Alan Sheehan was a liability in left back, and he will be gone.

Season 7

I want to gain promotion within two seasons, which is the new aim. My target from the board is to get a mid-table with a wage budget of £10.5k.

TRANSFERS: OUT

Tom Kennedy (44 appearances), Dominic Smith (82 appearances), Matt Mabbut (85 appearances), Alan Sheehan (76 appearances) and Kieren Green (25 appearances) are all gone. Other players Joe Kamara, Marcus Cook and Danny Greenway are gone. Promising striker Jake Watkins couldn’t get a goal on loan in the Skrill South, so he’s gone after 40 appearances and 8 goals. Morias, Patten, Miller, Bartlett, Dowson, Richie, Burridge and Cook are all gone on loan.

TRANSFERS: IN

Paul Black (DL):
View attachment 345861
First team left back, but he really isn’t very good. For some reason there are no decent full backs on the market, he was the best I could find.

Kal Naismith (AMR):
View attachment 345860
Has pace, skills and mental stats, should be a star player for the side.

Dave O’Neill (AMC):
View attachment 345859
Amazing backup AMC with championship potential should be fine in the first team. He has great physicals, technical and mentals.

Elliot Wheeler (DR):
View attachment 345858
Signed on loan as a right back due to lack of full backs on the market, should be one of our best defenders.

Wes Harding (DC):
View attachment 345857
Signed for his pace as I’m playing a high pressing game, so 13 pace on a centre back is perfect.

Patrick Shikanda (AMC):
View attachment 345856
My favourite signing hands down. Firstly, he has a sick name which is the first step to gaining my adulation. Along with that he is already going to star in the Skrill Premier. Last, and definitely not least, he has EPL potential. He will never reach that training in our training shed, but even if he drops down to League 1 standard he will still be a big part of the team for ages.

Jim Fenlon (DL/DR):
View attachment 345855
Massively overpaid, but I definitely needed a fullback so I had to do what I had to do. Good physicals and defensive stats.

Keep going, and as other mentioned take another job if offers ^^
It is better reading this than countless back to back promotions ...

February 1st 2020

END OF JANUARY REPORT

HQKWdRu.jpg

We are somehow near the top of the table, but the team is performing like utter trash. I have no idea how to keep a lead, we always score early and then we don't do anything for the rest of the game. Gnanduillet has been very disappointing, and no one has really been performing well. We are in for another boring mid table season.

February 1st 2020

END OF JANUARY REPORT

EJiJ28s.jpg

We beat top teams, we lose to top teams, we beat bottom teams, we lose to bottom teams. This is the thing that has me most frustrated; if we are a mid-table side, how about we lose to the better sides and beat the worse sides? Instead we just throw whatever performance we feel like at everyone. Harrop had some great games with 6 goals in the back of the net. Both full back signings Jim Fenlon and Paul Black have average ratings under 6.50, and I will be attempting to sell them as soon as a better full back appears on the market. Gnanduillet has been struggling, while our all time league top scorer Scott Wilson wants a new challenge, and while I'm trying to sell him there are no takers. This is where the game is stupid. I'm selling him for free, his wage demands are dirt, he's scored more than 20 goals a season multiple times in both the Skrill Premier and Skrill South, and not one team wants a piece of him? We have settled into our usual mid-table mediocrity.

Sorry, it's pretty obvious that this isn't continuing (at least for now) which has annoyed me because my aim when I started this was to not just be another un-finished story, but oh well.

This isn't a case of me moving onto a new random save, I just got sick of FM and I've stopped playing it. If I get the urge to play again before the release of FM 15 I will be continuing the story, but if not, the story of a mediocre manager taking a mediocre team and producing mediocre results will not continue. Thank you to anyone that read the story, I hope I didn't waste your time too badly.

Finally, if anyone has any feedback about the story I would appreciate it as I attempt other stories in the future. Thanks.

Sorry to hear it mate. As a mediocre manager myself was enjoying a story that was more about frustrations we all must feel at times in this game rather then just another sucess story. Hope 2 see u back in fm 15!

February 1st 2020

END OF JANUARY REPORT

bje95mS.jpg

I only recently played the last 4 games, so they are the only ones fresh in my memory. We were actually playing okay, but those Bolton and Hereford games could have been so much more useful. Do you see star striker Gnanduillet here anywhere? Yeah, neither do I. We are scoring regularly and our striker has nothing to do with it.

February 1st 2020

END OF JANUARY REPORT

TABLE

yqjm1a1.jpg

Seems to be a trend, not ideal. But once again, league is pretty even. If my team decides to turn up on the pitch occasionally we should be able to get a top 8 finish.

FA TROPHY

4HfrVpP.jpg

FA CUP

3wkazSx.jpg

TRANSFERS IN

Morgan Fox (DL):
View attachment 338654

Signed him as an improvement over Paul Black at left back.

Anthony Furlonge (DR):
View attachment 338653

Signed as an improvement over Jim Fenlon in right back.

Connor Jennings (ST):
View attachment 338652

Signed as an improvement over an underperforming Gnanduillet. He has done terribly so far, horrible knee jerk signing.

TRANSFERS OUT

Jim Fenlon (DR/DL): Played like a useless hack in his 22 games for the club. Goodbye.

Paul Black (DL): Played like a useless hack in his 15 games for the club. Goodbye.

Ashley Miller (AML): Played 79 matches, scoring 8 goals and getting 17 assists. Decent back up but I needed to even up the wage budget.

Last edited:
June 1st 2020

END OF SEASON REPORT

ZiHdyI2.jpg

The inconsistency the plagues our side is astounding. To come off such a big win and then just under perform was disappointing. The referee's also decided that they have a vendetta against me, and love handing out penalties for no reason against me.

n5CU9ki.jpg

These results were once again pretty bad considering Hayes & Yeading along with Aldershot are relegation candidates.

NdPmyeW.jpg

Not as bad, but obviously still not as we would like. The positive to bring out of this is how readily we score, we are almost never shut out.

LEAGUE TABLE

T5t5ug0.jpg

June 1st 2020

END OF SEASON REVIEW

Bxs3Cxc.jpg

First of all, Scott Shulton. I signed him as a 24 year old to the club and 6 years later he is still wrecking every competition we play him in. Led the league in assists, slotted his fair share of goals as well, just my favourite player and first picked every week. Broghammer's contract was coming to an end and he wanted stupid demands so I caved in. It seems to me that attributes don't completely affect performance at this level, so I find it important to keep players performing well rather than hope a replacement can match it. Thomas Marechal is a regen who has made the MC spot his own, and has been performing very well. Scott Wilson, the legend of the club has wanted to leave for a season now, but no one wants him. He has been signed to a new contract because he wanted lower wages, so he stays as back-up for now. Naismith, Mitter, Gnanduillet, Harding, Harrop, Riley, Furlong, Iorfa, Charles-Cook and Wheeler are all established first team players who will be staying. Craig Roddan fell out of favour with me and will be leaving. Dave O'Neill will stay as back-up, along with Kamara and Fox but I will be trying to rid myself of Connor Jennings and Paul Brown. Overall, I'm trying to keep my starting 11 the same to have some cohesion. I can't really afford any better players than I have with my wage budget anyway. For example, we have Patrick Shikanda, who is a decent League Two player with Premier League potential (that he'll never reach, but still), and I really can't upgrade that in any way.

b1PSqtp.jpg

Season 8

TRANSFERS: OUT

Connor Jennings made 6 appearances for the club at an average rating of 6.33. Goodbye. Paul Brown made 69 appearances for the club, scoring 9 goals and giving off 8 assists. Just not good enough for the side anymore. Other than that every single rookie I signed for their potential a few seasons back is gone. I underestimated how little they can develop in the lower leagues. Cook, Bartlett, Burridge, Dowson, Patten and Richie are all gone.

TRANSFERS: IN

Elliot Wheeler (DR):
View attachment 338460
Performed well when on loan here last season, so I decided to sign him up permanently.

Andrew Skelton (MC):
View attachment 338459
Originally loaned as back-up before I noticed how good he was. Will definitely be in the first team picture.

Gary Gunn (DC):
View attachment 338458

Dan Lyons (AMC):
View attachment 338457

Ali Newson (ST):
View attachment 338456

All wage free loan back-ups from bigger clubs.

So as you can see, I haven't shuffled much around since last season. Why? you might ask. You just came mid-table, don't you ever want to get promoted? Well, you see, I can't actually sign any better players than I currently have. Have a gander at this, coming from my Assistant manager with 15 judging, so you can trust it slightly.

Leading Player for Sky Bet 2: 1
Decent Player for Sky Bet 2: 5
Leading Player for Skrill Premier: 5
Good Player for Skrill Premier: 8
Decent Player for Skrill Premier: 2
Decent Player for Skrill N/S: 2 (Scott Shulton and Scott Wilson, the old hands)

A team with that many good players has no right to be finishing mid-table. But we do, year after year.