Clueless Kaarto manages Bath City (Skrill South: End of Season 1!)

June 1st 2016

END OF SEASON REVIEW

f8dzoEE.jpg

Scott Shulton was the only player who featured, while Scott Wilson wasn’t far away from the scorer’s list. Scott Shulton won the player of the season award, which I found pretty surprising.

DWzAcwb.jpg

Scott Shulton and Scott Wilson were our top performers, just as they have been for every season of this save. Every contract ending in 2016 is someone that is leaving unless I re-sign them. Shulton, Wilson, Adelsbury, Swaibu, Mabbutt and Ball will all be re-signed, with the rest of the 2016 contracts being left to run out. Obviously this is going to be a huge re-build, and hopefully we can start working up the table.

SEASON 4
The board will give me £8000 to consolidate in the Skrill Premier. I’m starting to realise just how challenging this is going to be, considering star strikers for other clubs are being paid £1500 on their own.

TRANSFERS: OUT

Anthony Charles, the CB I signed before last season has been signed by a Skrill South side after 6 appearances for the club. Ross Lafayette moved to Stockport in the Premier after 15 appearances and 4 goals for the club. Michael Uwezu (Signed season 1 as a striker) left for the Skrill South after 64 appearances and 10 goals for the club. The fans are annoyed that losing him was a poor piece of business apparently. Ladjie Soukouna left the club after 44 very average appearances for the club. Adu Williams Tanko, the promising goalkeeper signed in season 1, is gone. I didn’t feel it was worth paying his wages because he would never develop sitting in my U/21’s. Paul McCone’s 12 month injury ended, and I sold him straight away. He made 45 appearances for the club. Theo Lewis, signed as the start of last season, left in November after 43 appearances for the club. His form had dropped off in the season and he wasn’t worth his wages.

Here is where the more important players go. Sekani Simpson, our first choice right-back has left the club after 116 appearances. His performances dropped off in the Skrill Premier, and at 32 years old the writing was on the wall. Felt a bit bad letting him go, but it had to be done. Gethin Jones is next. He averaged a 6.95 in his first season, a 6.88 in his next one and only 6.69 in the Skrill Premier. With his stats decreasing and wage demands increasing I didn’t want him back. He made 125 appearances during my time at the club. Jason Mellor is also gone. Made 89 appearances and did a solid job. Having a back-up goalkeeper isn’t worth the wages, I’ll test my luck. I offered a new contract to Ben Adelsbury, but he decided to move to Stockport instead. I offered him £350 a week and Stockport offered £1.3k. He made 87 appearances, and was outstanding last season with a rating of 6.91. A bit sad to see him go, but he wasn’t really a star player at least. Jordan Johnson has left after 90 appearances and 20 goals for the club. Was a very good servant for the club on the wings, but I really wanted an upgrade.

TRANSFERS: IN

Joe Kamara:
View attachment 350866
I realised that if I want to actually move up the divisions I need to stop purchasing as many oldies and start buying into some youth with at least League 2 potential. He looks like a very promising target man.

Michael Timlin:
View attachment 350865
Has good mentals and decent physicals, should play a role in the first team. He will be tutoring our youth intake prospect from all the way back in season 1, Craig Miller.

Fabian Broghammer:
View attachment 350864
This is who I upgraded Jordan Johnson to. Very excited about him signing, will hopefully make the left wing his own. Low wages for his ability.

Scott Bevan:
View attachment 350863
Back up loaned left back. He will compete with Dan Ball for a first team spot.

Dominic Collins:
View attachment 350862
Back-up centre back behind Mitter and Swaibu. Good all round stats, along with good pace.

Dominic Smith:
View attachment 350861
Saw this guy on the market and he was too good to ignore. This signing moved Dominic Collins into the RB spot. He has great defending stats, will probably be a back-up for a season or two though.

Christopher M’Boungou:
View attachment 350860
Dumb signing. Can’t remember why I thought I would stack the team with 34 centre backs, but I have. He looks decent, will be yet another back up.

February 1st 2017

END OF JANUARY REPORT

I made a few new signings in January. They aren’t really for the first team, but more for the future. I realised if we are going to go up into League 2 we are going to need League 2 standard players, so I invested in youth with potential.

Marcus Cook:
View attachment 350501

Young midfielder with leading League 2 potential.

Danny Greenway:
View attachment 350500

As soon as I saw 13 finishing I snapped him up straight away. Solid attributes in the technical and mental departments, and hopefully his physicals will improve while he is a still a teenager. Great signing, I’m fully expecting you will see him in the first team come 2020.

Jake Watkins:
View attachment 350499

And the signing I am most excited about. Jake spent 3 seasons at Cardiff before being released, ready for Bath to snap up. Amazing all-round technical and mentals have me very excited, and likely to give him regular chances in the first team. Once again, his physicals are rubbish, but hopefully they will improve.

February 1st 2017

END OF JANUARY REPORT

gkTMEnE.jpg

These results definitely show that the team has made a major improvement since last year. Everyone is scoring goals and contributing these good results at the start of the season. Richie Baker was disappointing last year, but he and Broghammer have started the season on fire. I’ve started paying more attention to tactical matters during a match; if the team is getting dominated in the first 20 minutes I will switch to my counter attacking tactic for something different. In the last 10 minutes of a match I will ‘Contain’ and ‘Waste Time’. This added effort, along with my team’s improvement has shown in our results. Scott Wilson became Bath’s all-time leading goal scorer with 68.

February 1st 2017

END OF JANUARY REPORT

ymvm9vk.jpg

This was another very solid run. Broghammer has proven himself to be an extremely valuable player, while Scott Wilson is still reliably hitting the back of the once every two games. Scott Shulton hasn’t matched the domination of previous years, but he is still easily one of our stars. Craig Miller (Youth intake from season 1) has overtaken both Lee Mansell and Michael Timlim to make the MC spot his own. Both Mansell and Timlim have not performed, but at least I can use them to tutor young players before I move them both on. Both Powell and Vassell on the wings have been far down on last year’s output, meaning I might need a higher quality right wing to do a similar job to Broghammer.

February 1st 2017

END OF JANUARY REPORT

ymvm9vk.jpg

A slightly lower quality set of results, but we are currently entrenched in the play-off zone. Scott Wilson was amazing against Alfreton. Not only did he score 4 goals, but they were all chances he made himself, finished with quality. New man Jake Watkins came on for his debut against Tamworth and made an instant impression.

February 1st 2017

END OF JANUARY REPORT

xtOlQdc.jpg

We are sitting in 3rd​, less than a game away from top spot. We are obviously not going to be fighting out of relegation this season. Once again, the league is frustratingly close; we could fall into mid-table with just a couple of bad results. I’m hoping that we can be in the play-offs by the end of the season, and maybe even get lucky and go through.

CUP RESULTS

We got knocked out straight away in both cups.

March 13th 2017

YOUTH INTAKE

NpUJ9V0.jpg

There was no one here that took my fancy at all. I only ended up signing 3 or 4 of them.
The players with potential, like striker Tony Hutton, had main stats like finishing under 5.

Last edited:
June 1st 2017

END OF SEASON REPORT

JNJDx1w.jpg

This was a very good set of results spearheaded by Wilson. We are mere points away from top spot, but instead we have stupid losses to mid-table Braintree and relegation threatened Hayes & Yeading, along with a 3 goal collapse against Wrexham. We really should have won every single one of these 9 games and made top spot our own, but that wasn’t to be.

rk91I8P.jpg

The second that I start believing that promotion is a possibility the team does this. These were absolutely disastrous results. After our barnstorming win against Bristol we sat triumphantly in first on the table. For a team where the highest earner is making a measly £500 per week, this is an amazing effort. I regularly face teams with star strikers earning upwards of £1500 per week. Unfortunately the success must have gotten to the team’s heads, with 3 straight shocking results putting us out of contention. After the last match against Alfreton we sat in 3rd​ place.

LEAGUE TABLE

brxwRrB.jpg

June 1st 2017

END OF JANUARY REPORT

PLAYOFF RESULTS

We went to Newport’s ground for the first leg. Baker broke the net with a powerful longshot in the 17th​, and we went into half time 1-0 up. I stood in front on them, in our changing rooms that most closely resemble a rundown shed. ‘Look boys, we can’t afford to be complacent. This match could still go either way’. I saw the focus grow in the boys. I was confident that I had made a brilliant team talk, and the team would knuckle down and keep Newport out for the rest of the match. One minute later Putnins was picking the ball out of the net after Newport striker Smalley had waltzed through our defence. Broghammer scored a quality goal cutting in from the wing in the 53th, and the match ended 2-1 in our favour.

We went into half time of the second leg 3-1 up. Once again, I told the boys not the get complacent. They all look focused. They then proceeded to play the most disgusting football I have ever seen, resulting in the score being 3-3 late in the game, which is enough for us to win on aggregate. The 90th​ minute comes and two minutes extra time is added. 2 minutes later the referee remembers the fat stack of cash that Newport paid him before the game, letting the game go on for another 45 seconds so that Newport can score and send the game to extra time. Extra time is equal until the 118th​ minute, when Newport striker Charlie Wyke walks through our defense and ends our hopes of promotion. Newport win 5-3, and the seal their place in the playoff final.

VVwvqNh.jpg

June 1st 2017

END OF SEASON REVIEW

YF9FJ7b.jpg

Broghammer, Shulton and Wilson were our best players.

AFjH4QK.jpg

I am sick of rubbish performances, and people who perform badly are gone. If you glance done to the bottom of the list I will be trying to sell Mabbutt, Pugh, Collins, M’Boungou, Mansell and Powell. I am getting frustrated with Watkins, who can’t hit the back of the net. Dan Ball will be staying as back up, along with Putnins and Smith. Vassell will probably be leaving, along with Craig Miller, because our youth prospect from season 1 only has Skrill Premier potential. Everyone one else will be staying at the club. A huge re-build isn’t really necessary, I am just going to try and strengthen central midfield, right wing, left back and right back. We will hopefully push for an automatic promotion next season if we make some good signings.

SEASON 5

This season was an absolute mess. I am not going to be able to show you all of it. I made signings who were then sold on a month or two later, so I’m not even going to bother showing them. We have 11k wage budget after wheeling and dealing with the board and the aim to finish in the top half of the table.

Lee Mansell left after 72 appearances for the club. Dominic Collins (DC signed last season) was mutually terminated because he couldn’t perform. Michael Timlim is gone after 1 year and 24 appearances for the club. He just didn’t perform. Christopher M’Boungou was mutually terminated and then retired at the ripe old age of 24. Pugh, Kamara, Cook, Mabbutt, Bell and Clark Milne are all youngsters that were loaned out to take them off the wage bill. Lamar Powell was released after 163 appearances and 37 goals for the club. He retired at the ripe old age of 24. Richie Baker, who performed very well last season, just couldn’t hack it this year and he was released after 93 appearances. Isaac Vassell made 135 appearances for 24 goals, and he also retired as a player at age 24. Darius Covaci, who I can’t remember if I covered, left on a free to Sutton.

Thomas Marechal:
View attachment 348327
A player I hope can back-up the first team from the start. Has great stats all round, along with massive potential.

Ashley Miller:
View attachment 348326
Replacing Isaac Vassell on the right side, Miller has League 1 potential. Good pace and his stats are pretty even all around.

Alan Sheehan:
View attachment 348325
Replacing Dan Ball in the left back position. He looks a great all round player on cheap wages. Can’t go wrong, will play first team all year.

Thanasis Magalios:
View attachment 348324
Needed a better right back than Dan Ball, and this youngster will compete for that first team place. Massive potential along with already solid defensive stats makes him a good pickup.

Lee Frecklington:
View attachment 348323
Very good first team player. Not much more too say. Only signed for one year.

Youngsters:
View attachment 348322View attachment 348321View attachment 348320View attachment 348319View attachment 348318View attachment 348317View attachment 348316View attachment 348315

A bunch of youngsters signed with potential for the future. They will be loaned out every season as I can't afford to pay their wages.

FRIENDLIES

7AXJeUJ.jpg

June 1st 2018

END OF SEASON REPORT

Nk3Zc5T.jpg

P3GOjtf.jpg

jZOwyNa.jpg

No idea what happened this year. Can’t be bothered writing about it, and I don’t want the story to stall too long in the Skrill Premier, so I’m posting this as quickly and briefly as possible. We were knocked out first round in both cups. Job status is down to very insecure. Could the end be near? We'll see.

June 1st 2018

END OF SEASON REVIEW

0jf2BV5.jpg

Shulton is down as an icon of the club after 5 seasons of being our highest rated player. Wilson had another decent season, and he is still only 24 so it seems I’ll be able to trust him to put 20 goals in the back of the net for the next 5 years. Broghammer didn’t back up last year and his wage demands are insane. Frecklington was an outstanding signing but he is too old to be signed for another season. Mitter has established himself as the best centre back in the side. Rhys Cook asked for first team football and delivered when I put him in. I am thoroughly sick of Jake Watkins, he just doesn’t score. I will be looking to loan him out and if he doesn’t score he won’t be re-signed. Craig Miller is gone, our last youth intake player from season 1. As I predicted, we have outgrown his potential. Sheehan, Smith, Miller, Swaibu are all back next year. Paul Brown will either be out on loan or be a back-up next year. I promised star goalkeeper Putnins a promotion, so now he wants to go to a bigger club. I think he ended up at a League 1 outfit. Dan Ball is gone next year, while everyone else down the bottom is a young player with potential who will either be loaned out or will back-up the first team.

SEASON 6

I have £9500 for a mid-table finish. My job security is very insecure, so a good start to this season is essential.

I promised goalkeeper Elvijs Putnins a promotion, and he left to championship side Burnley when we failed. He made 136 appearances for the club. Thanasis Magalios had an average ratings of 6.31 for me, so he left the club after 15 appearances. Frecklington left the club after 18 appearances at a solid 6.91 average rating. Oliver Pugh, one of our youth intake prospects has left, he just couldn’t develop in our facilities. Dan Ball left the club after 200 appearances for me, as a solid left back. Craig Miller, our last surviving youth prospect from season 1 is gone, just couldn’t hack it. Moses Swaibu made 200 appearances for the club, but his performances were dropping and he left. Watkins, Cook, Dowson, Richie, Greenway, Kamara, Mabbutt, Palmer, Cook and Bartlett are all gone on loan to take away their wages.

Glen Kamara (DM):
View attachment 347887
Will be a valuable player for the first team. Good defensive stats.

Junior Morias (ST):
View attachment 347886
Back-up for Scott Wilson at ST. Very low wages was my main reason for signing him.

Dominic Iorfa (DC):
View attachment 347885
13 Heading, Marking and Tackling made this man a must buy on only £230 a week. He pushed Swaibu out of the club.

Joe Riley (MC):
View attachment 347884
Already a good player for most league 2 sides. He will be playing him in the first team at either right back or central midfield.

Reice Charles-Cook (GK):
View attachment 347882
I needed a goalkeeper after Putnins left, and this was my best option. 12 reflexes, 11 handling and 11 positioning should ensure he does the job.

Tom Kennedy (DL):
View attachment 347881
Didn’t have a right back, and Kennedy was the best available. Still pretty useless.

Armand Gnanduillet (ST):
View attachment 347880
Star signing from Ivory Coast. Pace, strength, finishing, heading, passing and height, what more could you need?

Josh Harrop (AMLR/MC/AMC):
View attachment 347879
Signed as a back-up for my wings and central midfield Harrop has good physicals and technical, should be a good pickup for us. He becomes the highest earner at the club.

Craig Roddan (MC):
View attachment 347878
Another good first team central mid.

February 1st 2019

END OF JANUARY REPORT

JjPNMbM.jpg

An okay start to the season has put us into a comfortable mid-table position. We loaned Liam Graves from Fulham, a striker with 14 finishing, and 16 pace and acceleration. He scored 2 in the first game, broke his leg and went back to Fulham. Scott Wilson had a long term injury and hasn’t been playing. I am considering not playing him anymore as his quality will drop, but it will be hard to say goodbye to Bath’s top goal scorer, with 110 league goals. Broghammer and Miller have been on good form, but otherwise the team’s performances have been very average.