Clueless Kaarto manages Hednesford Town F.C.

2020/2021 LEAGUE RESULTS #6

View attachment 234409

The defence was spectacular in these late fixtures, keeping 5 clean sheets. After the first few wins it was clear we were getting promoted, but I always want to claim the title. Going into the last fixture against Gateshead we were equal on points with Peterborough. They lost their match while we managed a draw.

2020/2021 LEAGUE 2 LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 234407

We finish the season in 1st place with 98 points, snatching the title from Peterborough and ensuring we are in League 1 next season. The props have got to go to the players, I didn't make many additions but our first team got the job done.

Promotion and league win - well done!

How did perennial FM losers Bolton finish? Would be...er, impressive if a club that big were relegated out of the Football League...

Promotion and league win - well done!

How did perennial FM losers Bolton finish? Would be...er, impressive if a club that big were relegated out of the Football League...

They finished down in 21st, just surviving relegation.

Just read through, Cracking story and congrats on promotion! Surprising seeing how far Bolton are down the leagues!

Just read all the way through mate great effort! Just wondering how you find you players?

Just read all the way through mate great effort! Just wondering how you find you players?

Going into a new season I'll scout all free agents that are realistic transfers and aged between 20-32. I do the same with realistic loan signings for the positions I need. I sign whoever fits the bill for the squad. After I've got a report on everyone I switch to giving my scouts assignments throughout the season to find other players I might not know about. Nothing particularly special, I've gotten lucky with a few of the players I've found. Thanks for reading.

So you literally scout every free agent? And what assignments do you set scouts?

So you literally scout every free agent? And what assignments do you set scouts?

Yes, I literally scout every free agent. My scouting range is only UK. I haven't found a sweet spot for assignments, so I just try different things and hope that they work out. Normally just search for first team, any position, 3 star and above and see what happens.

2020/2021 SQUAD REVIEW

View attachment 233871

My hired mercenary Ben Reeves was our top performer in his short stay. A close second was Sergi Canos, managing 19 goals from right wing, picking up the slack for our injured strike force. John McDonagh was surprisingly good, although he played in my Advanced Playmaker role, which normally gets high ratings. New defender Ashley Carter was an amazing addition, keeping clean sheets and nodding in 7 goals from corners as well. Striker Bilate didn't quite score enough, but left winger Barmby scored 19 just like Canos. This is probably a by-product of playing the false nine, with my striker getting more assists and my wingers banging in goals. Kwame Thomas was constantly injured and his attributes have deteriorated. I'm not sure he'll ever be good enough for the first team again, leave the memories alone. The rest of the first team all did their job, but some will go to strengthen for a new division again.

Last edited:
2021/2022 (Season 8)

MANAGER STATS
View attachment 233846

TRANSFERS
View attachment 233858
I've signed Dennehy (AMR), Keenan (DL), Goldson (DC), Packwood (DC), Dawson (MC) and Osman (DM) as backup for the coming season. The first to be released is Matthew Fletcher. The striker made 258 appearances in 7 seasons, notching 90 goals and 41 assists. He holds the club record for most league goals with 86. Winger Danny Barrow, who is in the Favoured Personnel of the club, has also been released. After signing on loan back in 2015 he made 280 appearances, scoring 53 goals and assisting 61 times. We've also said goodbye to long time goalkeeper Ben Smith. Throughout 7 seasons as first choice keeper he appeared 364 times. A terrific servant to the club but I wanted an upgrade in the net. Central defender Max Ehmer was disappointing and I'm happy to take a few thousand for him. Defender Ashley Carter has also been sold after a season for a record 500K. The club always needs the extra money.

TRANSFERS IN

Mick Christie (DM)
View attachment 233851
Mick Christie is a solid acquisition with no wages from Arsenal. His amazing heading, tackling and stamina enticed me to sign him up.

Krystian Bielik (MC)
View attachment 233850
Bielik is the perfect box to box midfielder, with top notch attributes everywhere. Bielik and Christie should ensure we have the strength to control the midfield in League 1.

Marko Bakic (MC)
View attachment 233849
Bakic is yet another addition to the midfield, filling the play maker role. It's a re-occurring theme that I sign midfielder's with rounded attributes, and this is no exception.

Jordan Pickford (GK)
View attachment 233848
I broke our record transfer fee, bringing in Pickford for 250K. During the off-season I targeted the goalkeeper as the area I'd like to improve. There was nothing decent available on a free so I decided I had to splash the cash to improve the side.

Jordan White (ST)
View attachment 233847
I've signed White to join the striker stocks with injury prone Thomas and Bilate. He is another player I've signed for the False Nine role, and his 15 finishing should ensure he takes his chances.

Last edited:
TACTICS

View attachment 921023

Using all of my tactical nous I've produced the most brilliant generic 4-2-3-1 you'll ever see. I'll do some tweaking during the season just to see what works.

FRIENDLIES

View attachment 921025

I got carried away with signings and forgot to schedule myself a pre-season. Because of this we are going into the season a bit underdone, but we should be able to scrape some good results early anyway. Backup striker Jacob Gibson did very well in these matches, netting a few times. My secret talisman Scott Shulton went down with injury in the first fixture.

KEY PLAYERS

Archie Love (MC)View attachment 921031
When I saw this bloke sitting in my squad, on a non-contract, I was slightly pleased. Archie has outstanding attributes everywhere, and is simply far too good for this level.

James Hurst (DR)
View attachment 921035

It's a similiar story with Hurst. He has outstanding physicals, and is too good for this level. Hurst and Love are just gifts for me as a manager.
Looking forward to this
o.png

2021/2022 LEAGUE RESULTS #1

View attachment 233741

A solid start to a new league but it would of been great if we could've converted some of those draws into victories. The quality of the league doesn't seem much different so I'm pretty confident of doing well again this season.

2021/2022 LEAGUE RESULTS #2

View attachment 233715

A genuine mixed bag of results. Jack Barmby and Sergi Canos are again our main scoring sources, proving that this False Nine 4-1-2-3 formation only works because I have such lethal wingers. We are leaking goals consistently which costs us points again and again. I'm not quite sure where the squad stands right now in relation to League 1, we might need a few consolidation seasons to start pushing upward again.

Decent start to life in league one and looks like some good signings made!! Surprised to see Villa in league 1 too haha!

Good start in the league.. Better then fighting relegation lol. Jesus that must take you some time scouting lol

2021/2022 LEAGUE RESULTS #3

View attachment 233526

This is another burst of good form that we seem to experience every season. Barmby and Canos have been in top form with 8 goals between them, while Bilate and White collect assists.