When I saw your formation on the front page I figured you'd score heaps but might concede a few too.

That defence though - wow!!

Few Barca saves here and there so nice to see someone at Madrid, mainly because I want to see if Ronaldo can perform similarly to the Messi's and Suarez' of this world!

When I saw your formation on the front page I figured you'd score heaps but might concede a few too.

That defence though - wow!!

Cheers buddy. We are so attacking we never have to defend haha. In truth, I know that the 'ratings' suggest that Ramos has been our best player but I have to say, Casillas has been an absolute god, the amount of saves he has pulled off, I've never seen anything like it before on FM

Few Barca saves here and there so nice to see someone at Madrid, mainly because I want to see if Ronaldo can perform similarly to the Messi's and Suarez' of this world!

Thanks :) He is incredible, forgot to include it but he won all awards in January. I play him down the centre, complete forward, he is brilliant.

View attachment 256711

March
La Liga Update

Week 24
View attachment 256710

Great win against a very good team, Depay continued his great form this season with another brace, keeping up with Ronaldo in the race for the Pichichi.

Week 25
View attachment 256709

We struggled for fitness against Levante, we had plenty of shots but was unable to capitalise, luckily when Ronaldo is having a bad day at the office, Depay steps in.

Week 26
View attachment 256708

Ronaldo back on the score sheet with a fantastic double. Celta have been great this season as they push for a CL spot and they put up a really good fight.

Week 27
View attachment 256707

Depay and Ronaldo again, these guys are on fire at the moment, I think it will go right down to the wire for the Pichichi. Yet another very strong La Liga side swept aside.

Week 28
View attachment 256706

Yet another win against our great rivals, that makes it 3/4 this season and we are by a country mile the best team in Spain. What a game it was, we was 3-0 up by 30 mins, then they come back to 4-3 by 60 mins, that was until Depay and substitute Tielemans grabbed 2 more to give us an emphatic win.

La Liga Table

View attachment 256700
We now have not dropped so much as a single point in 28 games, we have played Barcelona home and away and we have opened up an incredible 23 point gap with only a possible 30 points left up for grabs. Champions League qualification was secured at week 26 and and I now want to see if we can go the entire season without breaking our winning streak in the league.

Last edited:
View attachment 256669
Champions League Update

1st Round Knock-Out 2nd Leg

Real Madrid Vs PSG
Santiago Bernabeu

As we go into the second leg against PSG, we know that as long as we do not let in more than 2 goals, a 2 goal lead at the final whistle will be enough to secure our passage into the next round. As always, I set the team up to attack, attack, attack.

From the moment PSG kicked off we chased, harassed and closed them down, we won the ball back almost immediately, creating our first clear cut chance within the first 2 minutes.

16 Minutes in, Kroos floats a ball in from a corner, straight onto the head of a leaping Ronaldo, the ball rattles off the cross bar, falls at the feet of Ramos who hits it on the half volley and the ball hits the back of the net.

1-0

We went in at half time 1-0 up and by far the better side, we were just being frustrated by a solid defence and an outstanding display in goal from the PSG keeper.

By 60 minutes myself, the players, the fans and everyone involved at Real Madrid were starting to very nervous, we had tried time and time again to get that much needed second goal but it was starting to feel like it wasn’t going to be.. then I remembered we have Ronaldo.

65th minute – PSG have a freekick outside our box, its fired against the wall, Tielemans picks it up deep in our half, he runs the full length of the pitch, taking it past 4 players, runs deep to the by line, looks up and sees Ronaldo free in the box, checks back and puts in the cross… Ronaldo with an over-head bicycle kick.. GOOOOAAAAL!!

2-0

The next 10 minutes or so were very tight, end to end and it started to look like our second goal was going to give PSG the fight they needed to stay in the competition.

78 minutes on the clock, we had kept the ball for a couple of minutes now with short sharp passes around the midfield area, Isco looks up and spots Bale making a move in the box, ball is played through and Bale is brought down.. PENALTY..

79th Minute.. Ronaldo steps up confidently.. GOOOOOAL.. That surely sees us through to the next round!!

3-0

End Result
View attachment 256668

The league is TOTALLY yours mate! Ronaldo and Depay seem to be going HAM this season! Keep adding to that cabinet 'til you need to build a new stadium with a bigger trophy cabinet ;)

View attachment 256541

Youth Intake

View attachment 256543
Nothing much to shout about in this years influx of youth, however with the majority of them only being 15 years old, there is more than enough time for them all to develop, all though I do not feel many of them will have enough quality to break into the 1st team here at the Bernabeu.

The league is TOTALLY yours mate! Ronaldo and Depay seem to be going HAM this season! Keep adding to that cabinet 'til you need to build a new stadium with a bigger trophy cabinet ;)

I know mate, I never expected such a great 1st season, especially as I moved on so many big names like Marcelo, Pepe, Benzema, Carvajal and Khedira. I think if I can win the Champions League, La Liga and Spanish Cup (all 6 comps in all) I will move on to another country.

What a comeback against PSG - great stuff!

When the second goal went in from the Ronaldo bicycle kick, you would have thought I had personally scored the goal my myself, to say I was ecstatic would be an understatement haha

I was thinking of doing a save like this, does it get boring? I dont want a save where i move clubs every season,
Would you recommend it?

I was thinking of doing a save like this, does it get boring? I dont want a save where i move clubs every season,
Would you recommend it?

Honestly I would say probably not, I plan to move as much as possible, staying with Madrid for too long would probably bore me personally.

Would you recommend it?

I'd say move at most every three seasons. I was at Inter for three seasons and last season I felt like it was getting boring and resigned. But since their weren't any good clubs to manage I'm currently focusing on my international career (nations) .

I'd say move at most every three seasons. I was at Inter for three seasons and last season I felt like it was getting boring and resigned. But since their weren't any good clubs to manage I'm currently focusing on my international career (nations) .

May give it ago, 3/4 seasons sounds like a half decent time to get a few decent youths in, want to win now but leave the club with a bright future.

View attachment 255317

April
La Liga Update

Week 29
View attachment 255310

A good win, should have score more but the Rayo keeper was outstanding.

Week 30
View attachment 255311

A strange match, we came out quick with a 20 minute hat-trick from Ronaldo, we then seemed to hit a wall, two quick goals in the closing minutes put us on tenter hooks.

Week 31

View attachment 255297

An emphatic win to seal the La Liga title for the 33rd time, a little bitter sweet though as I have a soft spot for Eibar and this win sealed their fate and their relegation.

View attachment 255300View attachment 255295

Week 32

View attachment 255309

Malaga are a good side and we never really so much as gave them a sight on goal. an impressive 69% possession made sure the game was never in doubt.

Week 33
View attachment 255308

So that's it folks, after an unbelievable 32 matches with out dropping so much as a single league point, we finally lose again, I am absolutely gutted, would have loved to been able to boast a 38-0-0 record but it was not too be, Celta have been fantastic this season and deserved their win.

Week 34
View attachment 255307

After the disappointment of the last match we picked ourselves straight back up with a terrific 4-0 win. Signs of CR7 starting to show fatigue after a very long season.

La Liga Table

[League Table Image]

I am at work at the moment and completely forgot to take a SS of the league table, I will add shortly but to be honest, there aren't going to be any
surprises.

View attachment 255271

Champions League Update

View attachment 255270

Quarter Final -
1st Leg
Santiago Bernabeu

View attachment 255272
A fantastic hat-trick from Gareth Bale as well as goals from Depay and Lacazette has almost guaranteed our place in the Semi's. We dominated from start to finish and the end result was fully deserved. Ronaldo was off his game tonight, the first poor performance from him all season, I think a disciplinary and a fine may be in order.

Quarter-Final - 2nd Leg
Etihad Stadium

View attachment 255273
Despite the result being all but sealed in the first leg, Man City gave it a really good go at home. The first half was very even and we went in at half time 0-0.
City came out the 2nd half guns'a'blazing and when they got a quick fire double in the opening 10 minutes I said to myself 'it's going to be one of them days'.. among other obscenities.
Luckily in the 5 minutes that followed we grabbed ourself a couple of goals from the danger duo Ronaldo and Depay, or 'Ronpay' as they shall now be known and the tie was sealed..

I just wanted to seek peoples opinion..​

With a month remaining until the end of my first season in charge at Real Madrid, I have secured 4 trophies and a possible 2 more to come (CL and Spanish Cup), Should I stick with Real Madrid and continue our domination or should I move on?
I have rejected all attempts from the board to get me to sign a new contract so far as I want to keep my options open at the end of the season.
I don’t know whether to stay and build my squad here, stay but keep my eye open on possible openings elsewhere or just resign and see what happens.

Any advice/feedback is welcome and appreciated.

Cheers​

I just wanted to seek peoples opinion..​

With a month remaining until the end of my first season in charge at Real Madrid, I have secured 4 trophies and a possible 2 more to come (CL and Spanish Cup), Should I stick with Real Madrid and continue our domination or should I move on?
I have rejected all attempts from the board to get me to sign a new contract so far as I want to keep my options open at the end of the season.
I don’t know whether to stay and build my squad here, stay but keep my eye open on possible openings elsewhere or just resign and see what happens.

Any advice/feedback is welcome and appreciated.

Cheers​

Stay for another season atleast. Try to retain your titles then leave