Compact and Impact™ by Raikan007

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 158
  • Views Views 59K
Second season is going on bit slower due to school, but it's even better than first season.

When you have Criscito, Thiago Silva, Vertonghen and Abate in your defence noone get's past them. Also having Mandanda in goal helps things a bit. Also anyone lacking in good fwd for that left striker role look no further than Leandro Damiao. He's on fire.

View attachment 206923 View attachment 206924 View attachment 206925

I think this will be the only tactic I'll be using anymore. **** Roma destroyed my good run of not conceding.

large squad, how is Astori? such a great defender? did you get Labyad for free end of first season? how is Marvin doing?

large squad, how is Astori? such a great defender? did you get Labyad for free end of first season? how is Marvin doing?

Astori is doing really well. I'm rotating him with Vertonghen for second CB. Thiago is playing every game when he's fit. Nesta's now playing as a substitute. Yea I got him for free and first though about loaning him and Verratti out for this season, but they both have been doing really well when they've been on team so they are staying.

Marvin got injured in Euro Super Cup against Porto and just got back from it, but has already 1 goal and 3 assists in the last 4 games he's been in so he's getting back to his old form.

that is fantastic bud, well done :)

you can change to anchor man if you want :) the instructions are still the same though, make him more defensive and change his closing down to own half only with tight marking off (if he is slow he will be caught out with the settings on now, and also if his positioning and off the ball are low)

I hope that helps :)

how much can you spare? Adam Vass is really good and relatively cheap or look at Rithely :)

Ill look into those changes as my first choise DM only has acceleration of 10 and pace of 11. Nonetheless, the results are still coming as Im getting closer to the end of the first season and amazingly, Im sitting in 4th place.

View attachment 206955

Regarding a DM to buy for the next season, I currently have about 2M€ to Spend and am hoping that some funds get added for the upcoming season (expexting about another 2M added). I sadly dont have Adam Vass´s league loaded so I cant look at him. Ill take a look at Rithely though.

Ill look into those changes as my first choise DM only has acceleration of 10 and pace of 11. Nonetheless, the results are still coming as Im getting closer to the end of the first season and amazingly, Im sitting in 4th place.

View attachment 206955

Regarding a DM to buy for the next season, I currently have about 2M€ to Spend and am hoping that some funds get added for the upcoming season (expexting about another 2M added). I sadly dont have Adam Vass´s league loaded so I cant look at him. Ill take a look at Rithely though.

If you don't have portugese leagues loaded then you should look at Fernando from Porto. The asking prices are really much lower when the leagues are not loaded.

Also if you need quite good fwd in the right slot ( dpl fwd ) look at Alan from Salzburg.

Sad news, just gone dow at the end of the season. At genuary the board accepted a transfer offer for Mariga, my best player, without asking me a thing. Then i had just 2 draws and the rest were all losses and i lose the job. I want to give it a try with a better team to see if it's a problem of mine not being able to tweak it properly or if it just was matter of players

Last edited:
Funny, i made this some kind of the same myself then with 3 attacking midfielders ( 1 AM, 2 Playmakers) and it works good with Ajax, i do also have 2 poachers.

This tactic works real good for me with Ajax. 8 games in the league and won all. No goals against and 20 scored.
Only 2 goals against in CL. 2-1 won home to Lyon. 1-2 lost away against Messi. Was even better and had more
chances than Barca.

OP has been updated and tactic has been uploaded :) slight changes have been made!

yeah mate,

206599d1322645004-high-flying-dutchmen-ajax-amsterdam-story-7.png

Raikan; What skin are u using? Not i the last print screen. But in the ones on the first page?

Hi Raikan

Whats your reasoning for the double poacher pairing? I'm using a formation similar to yours (adv. playmaker in the amc slot and anchorman instead of def. mid support though) and as 41212 and not 4132, and I'm unsure if I should use two poachers aswell like your tactic.

Wouldnt it be beneficial to creating chances to have a CF support or DF support to link up with midfield alongside the poacher?

hey bud,

I have that set up for my M&M tactic which works really well! I have now (in the latest version you can download) has a Dlf and poacher, the Str is the Dlf and the Stl is the poacher!

The two poacher system I used for a while worked brilliantly as well, the central cm which is the playmaker would push up into the final third forcing one of the cb's to close him down, with two forwards running from deep always and moving into channels the through ball was pretty much always on, if it was not, he would play it back to the other cm's and it would start again!

The Dlf still has similar settings to the poacher, he just plays through balls now and runs from deep sometimes :) it allows him to choose when to make the run or drop a little deeper drawing out the defenders!

Back