Compact and Impact™ by Raikan007

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 158
  • Views Views 59K
playing a deeper defensive line allowing the opposition to commit to many upfield then hit them on the counter :) the strikers in this tactic will take on defenders and if you can get the ball to them quickly enough, they will create the chances :)

Got it!!! Thanks a lot Raykan, i'll try to apply youre hints and tips!

I'm taking my time with this Milan save and just now finished my first season. Almost had heart attack at the last game.

CL Final against Barcelona. Everytime I scored Barca equalized pretty quick. Luckily Ibra scored in last minutes of the game and we won it 3-2.

Had a slight problem with tactic on second part of season. Results were getting worse and worse. First started drawing games which I should have won easily. Then my first defeat against Arsenal. Then straight away against Bologna in Serie A.

But then second game against Real turned things around. 5-1 victory over them.

I'm thinking about tinkering with the tactic a bit and see if it improves it. If it does I'll drop those ideas here also.

Cant get my Right striker to score any goals.. Any thoughts ???
Im using Lavezzi 20M - 5G
Welbeck as backup 10(7)M - 4G

Life striker is Cavani and he's doing better 22M - 16G got J.Vossen as backup there..

Make them swap positions. That will confuse defenders and probably help Lavezzi out. Is he assisting much of Cavani's goals?

yes it should :) as long as you have a strong midfield :)
the central cm needs to be a type of playmaker
they are not adv forwards, they are Dlf and poacher
more defensive but a good mixture is perfect
normal fullbacks ;)

hows it going?

Quasit, post them SS :)

Hey! Thanks for the feedback =)
I think i have the wrong pac file, the forwards are advanced forwards and striker.
it was going great until the beginning of the season :P i score to little goals, but i do have always 55/65 ball possession even against bigger teams, i think i need to work on the players i have atm and not the tac itself...

Tried your tip, have played 5 games so far, result: (Left striker - Right striker)
Bologa - Napoli 1-4 Cavani 3G 1A - J.Vossen 1G
Napoli - Roma 3-0 Cavani 2G - Lavezzi 1G
Siena - Napoli 2-3 Vossen 1G 2A - Lavezzi 1A
Milan - Napoli 0-4 Cavani 1G - (Lavezzi got 2 shots in the post and missed an open goal :P)
Marseille - Napoli 3-1 Cavani 1A - Lavezzi 1G (My second loss in 34 Games so far)

I think its a bit better when i change to swap positions. I will keep my eyes on the right forward and se how many goals and *** he does the rest of the matches of this season.

I had mostly Pato/Robinho as poachers and Ibra/Cassano as DPL FWD and Pato,Robinho & Ibra got 25-30 goals in a season each. Also Cassano had something like 20.

Now I have loaned out Cassano and have Pato/Leandro Damiao and Ibra/Robinho and Paloschi as backup. Robinho scored 20 goals in 3 matches preseason so I'd say he's at least doing well. Also Damiao already scored 3 in 2 games in which both he came in as sub.

For right forward I'm looking to sign Giuseppe Rossi when Ibra's quitting. So you'd do well to look at him. Also you should perhaps get Tevez from City.

well, just won over Inter 1-0 at home ... my players are below average : AMC-Esteban Paredes / AV´s-Di vaio and Acquafresca... not bad,. not bad at all with ball possession at 56%

nice results so far guys, just remember, sometimes the game makes you lose :P no kidding it does not, but you will have one or two bad games per season!

Hey Raykan,

a question about the 2 forwards. I miss a real right forward (DLF if i can remember). what would u suggest as a substitute? I can get a trequartista (Cangele) or a target man (Zigoni).

which version is this that is uploaded? I do apologize, I have changed it myself several times!

is it the Poacher and Dlf? or two Poachers or Poacher and advanced forward?

I would go for Cangele mate, Target men will no suit this tactic at all :)

which version is this that is uploaded? I do apologize, I have changed it myself several times!

is it the Poacher and Dlf? or two Poachers or Poacher and advanced forward?

I would go for Cangele mate, Target men will no suit this tactic at all :)

Actualy i've got the poacher/dlf version. Will give Cangele chances thens, hope putting him as tequartista could help, at the moment he is quite useless even if the team is doing good.

ps. i'm using this tactic on home matches and it's going pretty well, for away i'm using a different tactic but was thinking of using it home and away either

ok cool, the latest one I am using then!

it works well for me at home and away :) away from home vs equal teams I set it to play on counter :) thats the only changes I make!

ok cool, the latest one I am using then!

it works well for me at home and away :) away from home vs equal teams I set it to play on counter :) thats the only changes I make!

Only change counter? doesnt it broke the toy with all of the other settings put for a possession? Counter shouldnt be fast and with a more direct passing style?

this is not a possession tactic, it actually works better playing on the counter and as normal, you do get over 50% possession most of the time, but its not meant to get you 75% like the Short and Sweet tactic :)

this is not a possession tactic, it actually works better playing on the counter and as normal, you do get over 50% possession most of the time, but its not meant to get you 75% like the Short and Sweet tactic :)

I'll give it a go on away matches then, at the moment i'm holding 8th position in league so we are going wery well!

Well now second season is well on way and it started with bang and now 2 trophies in pocket ( Euro & Italian Super's )

I was pretty active in transfer market and spend almost 100m. Hoping that club's finances can take the hit and I keep on winning. Finances are pretty bad at the moment. Had board buy San Siro and now debt is almost 450m with almost 3m going every month.

View attachment 206665View attachment 206666

But well no need to worry on finances as long as Damiao keeps banging them in. Thought I'd miss Pato while he's injured, but no. He's going to have a tough time getting back to first 11.

Loving this tactic with a few tweeks. I started a save with Kaiserslautern (media prediction 16th) and am currently sitting in 7th after about 12 matches. Ive beaten Bayern 2-1, Bremen, HSV and Schalke 3-0, Wolfsburg and Leverkusen 3-1. My only blemishes are a 1-0 loss to Nürnberg, a 2-1 loss to Hertha BSC, and a 1-1 tie to Freiburg.

I really enjoy the way the midfield keeps the ball without any unnessesary posetion. The pass the ball around nicely and when a killer ball presents itself, they play it. The Moussad Agents up top (Shechter and Vermut) work perfectly as Poacher and DLF combo, and the tight midfield really keeps the defense sound.

The only problem I still have is with the DM on defend dusty. I`m using Jiri Bilek there and he seems to be caught out of position quite a bit. Is this due to the player or could this be alleviated if I change his role to say Anchorman? Also, any cheap player you could recommend for this position?

Raikan i have another question for you:

my St.Pauli is doing quite well but i would like to improve. As my players arent all that good, u say a more rigid filosophy could fit more instead of fluid game style? Alway tought rigid is for weaker teams and fluid for better team but you are the expert so i'd like advice on this issue.

thx :)

Well now second season is well on way and it started with bang and now 2 trophies in pocket ( Euro & Italian Super's )

I was pretty active in transfer market and spend almost 100m. Hoping that club's finances can take the hit and I keep on winning. Finances are pretty bad at the moment. Had board buy San Siro and now debt is almost 450m with almost 3m going every month.

View attachment 206665View attachment 206666

But well no need to worry on finances as long as Damiao keeps banging them in. Thought I'd miss Pato while he's injured, but no. He's going to have a tough time getting back to first 11.
very very nice :) 8 ccc's is very impressive mate :) any more updates? SS of your squad?

Loving this tactic with a few tweeks. I started a save with Kaiserslautern (media prediction 16th) and am currently sitting in 7th after about 12 matches. Ive beaten Bayern 2-1, Bremen, HSV and Schalke 3-0, Wolfsburg and Leverkusen 3-1. My only blemishes are a 1-0 loss to Nürnberg, a 2-1 loss to Hertha BSC, and a 1-1 tie to Freiburg.

I really enjoy the way the midfield keeps the ball without any unnessesary posetion. The pass the ball around nicely and when a killer ball presents itself, they play it. The Moussad Agents up top (Shechter and Vermut) work perfectly as Poacher and DLF combo, and the tight midfield really keeps the defense sound.

The only problem I still have is with the DM on defend dusty. I`m using Jiri Bilek there and he seems to be caught out of position quite a bit. Is this due to the player or could this be alleviated if I change his role to say Anchorman? Also, any cheap player you could recommend for this position?
that is fantastic bud, well done :)

you can change to anchor man if you want :) the instructions are still the same though, make him more defensive and change his closing down to own half only with tight marking off (if he is slow he will be caught out with the settings on now, and also if his positioning and off the ball are low)

I hope that helps :)

how much can you spare? Adam Vass is really good and relatively cheap or look at Rithely :)

Raikan i have another question for you:

my St.Pauli is doing quite well but i would like to improve. As my players arent all that good, u say a more rigid filosophy could fit more instead of fluid game style? Alway tought rigid is for weaker teams and fluid for better team but you are the expert so i'd like advice on this issue.

thx :)

hey mate, rigid implies players in defence will only defend and players on attack will only attack, fluid implies that defenders and attackers can defend and attack (which normally requires better players yes) but rigid is also usefull for keeping shape as they stick to position more :)

Back