PAST 3 SEASONS
View attachment 371892

Well, I've been head honcho at Liverpool for three years now and I'm delighted to say they have been the most successful three years since the turn of the decade, possibly since the turn of the Millennium, during that time, I myself have been branded a "legend" by hardcore Kopites, which strengthens my belief that this club is the perfect club for me, so in the three special editions of the Liverpool fanzine, I'm going to look back and reflect on my first three seasons in charge.

SEASON 1-2012/13

In my first season as manager here at Liverpool FC, we started very slowly indeed, not winning a game until we beat Tottenham 2-0 at home, this was a very tough time for me as fingers were pointed as we were languishing near (and at times in!) the relegation places. I soon realised the defence needed strengthening after the sale of Martin Skrtel so I brought in Dede and Ryan Shawcross to cover the gaps in the defence, using Daniel Agger and Jamie Carragher as cover. After these purchses I realised we still had some money in the bank so I bought Welshman Aaron Ramsey from Arsenal to support Stevie G in the midfield, using Joe Allen as cover, we also had a goalscoring problem after selling Luis Suarez to Manchester City for £25m so we signed Inter veteran Tomasso Rocchi for £140k, wha an inspired signing he proved to be. By January we had begun climbing the table and winning our Europa League games and sat in ninth position, 3 places off of my and the board's targets, after that an inspired run of losing just three out of seventeen league matches (winning ten and drawing four, even beating Manchester United!) and romping our way to the Europa League final saved our season and quite possibly my contract!

FULL LIST OF TRANSFERSS FOR THE 2012/13 SEASON
INS
Zakaria Bakkali from PSV for £600k
Ryan Shawcross from Stoke for £17m
Stephan El Shaarawy from AC Milan for £25m
Dede from Vasco de Gama for £26m
Aaron Ramsey from Arsenal for £14m
Tommasso Rocchi from Inter Milan for £140k
Julian Brandt from Wolfsbrg for £625k
Olivier Ntcham from Man City for £750k
Overall-£83m

OUTS
Martin Skrtel to Juventus for £11m
Glen Johnson to Chelsea for £10m
Peter Gulacsi to Rubin Kazan for £500k
Stewart Downing to Tottenham for £5m
Luis Suarez to Man City for £25m
Overall-£52m

Where are they now?
Martin Skrtel is still at Juventus and has 62 league games for the Italian side-He has won two Serie A's, two Italian Cups and has finished runner-up in the Europa League

Glen Johnson is still at Chelseahas 79 league appearances since rejoining Chelsea-He has won the Club World Championship, European Super Cup and has been runner-up in the FA Cup, League Cup and Charity Shield

Peter Gulacsi is still at Rubin Kazan and has made 69 league appearances for the Russian club-He has won one Russian Cup

Stewart Downing made 34 appearances for Spurs before being sold to Newcastle for £1.8m where he has made 17 appearances-He has won on FA Cup and a League Cup

Luis Suarez is still at Manchester City playing 38 games in three years and scoring but 14 goals-He has won one Charity Shield, one FA Cup, one League Cup and the Premier League

View attachment 371891

Last edited:
PAST THREE SEASONS
Second Edition
View attachment 371894
SEASON 2 2013/14

My second season in charge of the Reds was always going to be one where we hoped to build on the previous season and it started well with a 3-1 win against Wigan on the opening day. We had also spent big in the transfer market signing both Dani Carvajal and Radamel Falcao for big fees. It took a while for both to settle but when they did they fired the team on. At the start of the season we had a HUGE clash in Prague against Manchester United, the European Super Cup (which we won 2-1), winning the traditional curtain raiser for European football against our biggest rivals. We played extremely well that season losing just 6 games (one less than Arsenal who finished second), so it appeared we did well at not letting teams finish us off, however we had a problem finishing other teams off (a trait that stopped when Falcao was firing on all cylinders) drawing thirteen games and winning nineteen, however we did finish sixth so we appeared consistent. In terms of trophies that season could be seen as an extremely successful season as we completed a magnificent treble (European Super Cup, Europa League and League Cup) however I was disappointed with our league position.

FULL LIST OF TRANSFERS SEASON 2013/14
INS
Sven Bender from Dortmund for £17.5m
Radamel Falcao from Atletico Madrid for £26m
Dani Carvajal from Bayer Leverkusen for £25m
Mike Catlin from Southampton for £3m
Gareth Dalglish from Celtic for £400k
Joel Curbishley from Crystal Palace for £750k
Bradley Wild from Crewe for £75k
Robert FieBer from Stuttgart for £2m
Paolo Platter from Inter Milan for £2.8m
Mattia Gadda from Juventus for £1.5m
Overall-£80m

OUTS
Lucas Leiva to Chelsea for £40m
Sebastian Coates to Atletico Madrid for £5m
Jay Spearing to Norwich for £3m
Jonjo Shelvey to Burnley for £5m
OVERALL-£53m
Where are they now?
Lucas Leiva is at Chelsea and has made 49 appearances over two years

Sebastian Coates made 26 appearances for Atletico Madrid and is now at Manchester City after being signed for £9m in 2014

Jay Spearing made 17 appearances for Norwich over two years, made 4 on loan at Leeds and is now at Leicester City after being signed for £1.5m

Jonjo Shelvey is still at Burnley and has made 53 appearances
View attachment 371901

Last edited:
just read the every part of the story shame you sold suarez so cheap you could of got 45m still you done a very good job

PAST THREE SEASONS
Third Edition
View attachment 371902

SEASON 3 2014/15

My third season as manager of Liverpool was a very successful season as we ended our hunt for the Title, winning the division on the last day of the season by beating Swansea 2-0 at home, but firstly to the start of the season. We began our transfer spree by signing Domenico Criscito from Zenit St Petersburg for £30m, a signing I think was crucial to our season's success, the Italian left-back strengthened our defence on that side in a way the Spaniard Jose Enrique couldn't. We begun our season well not losing any of our opening six games (in all competitions), the beginning of the season was crucial as we beat Blackburn 2-0, Chelsea 1-0, Sunderland 2-0 and drawing with Arsenal 2-2. We also won the traditional European curtain raiser, the European Super Cup for the second successive season this season beating FC Bayern Munich 2-1, we were doing extremely well until losing to Manchester United 2-0 at Old Trafford, we then went on an extremely good run of form, not losing a league game for 26 matches, climbing to the top of the table fourteen games in, but then we were slaughtered by Newcastle 5-0 blowing the title race completely open. Our next four games were tops-turvy, beating Blackpool 3-0, drawing with Everton and losing to Spurs and Norwich, we had to win our last two games and we did, winning the League Title. We then put the icing on the cake b beating Juventus in the Europa League final

FULL LIST OF TRANSFER 2014/15 SEASON
INS
Connah Field from Llanelli for free
Ryan Fulton free transfer
Jose Charles from Flamengo for £1m
Shay Given free transfer
David Meyer free transfer
Mateusz Wislo from Dortmnd for £825k
Rick Wilkinson from Southampton for £4.8m
Michael Cesar from Corinthians for £875k
Domenico Criscito from Zenit for £30m
Per Mertesacker from Arsenal for £1.9m
Robbie Keane from LA Galaxy for free
Rui Patricio from Sporting Lisbon for £11.5m

OUTS
Jose Enrique to AC Milan for £12m
Appearances for Liverpool-94

Jordan Henderson to West Brom for £10m
Appearances for Liverpool-80

View attachment 371927

Last edited:
just read the every part of the story shame you sold suarez so cheap you could of got 45m still you done a very good job
I personally don't like Suarez so I wanted to sell him ASAP, plus if you look at his stats in three years at City he's played 38 and scored 14, quite a poor record compared to Falcao who has scored more than 50 league goals in two years

START OF SEASON + TRANSFERS

This summer was a summer of change at Anfield as I was given £20m to strengthen the squad to finish in the top four and I duly spent it.

MISO HUSEINBASIC
(REGEN)

My first signing was up-and-coming German goalkeeper Miso Huseinbasic from Stuttgart for £3.2m, I immediately placed the 16-year-old German from Heidelburg in the reserves as he is, by far the best young goalkeeper at the club at this moment in time (Italian Mattia Gadda is at Villa on loan)

DANNY WELBECK

View attachment 371940
I then delved into the English transfer market where I found ex-United goalscorer Danny Welbeck up for sale for £7.75m, I thought the Englishman could be a suitable understudy for the two main strikers, Radamel Falcao and Fabio Borini.

MICAH RICHARDS

View attachment 371941
I went back to Spurs to sign centre-half/right-back Micah Richards for £8.25m, the ex-Manchester City defender was signed for his versatility across the back-four, being able to play almost anywhere across the defensive line, he is hopefully going to prove to be an invaluable backup

EVGENY MAKEEV

View attachment 371944
When we signed Russian right-back Evgeny Makeev I was thinking, at long last, we had offered him a contract in December last year and his Spartak Moscow contract ended which meant he was free to join us and he did so, picking us over Rubin Kazan, Anzhi, Newcastle and Marseille

MARC ANDRE TER-STEGEN

View attachment 371946
Marc signed as our first-team keeper for £20m from Borussia Monchengladbach, the 23-year-old German may be quite young compared to other established 'keepers, however he has experience beyond his years, paying 92 games in a weak Monchengladbach side and has been labelled a big fish in a small pond there. We has attempted to sign him the year before for £40m, but this season he was transfer listed for £20m, so why not?

BARRY BRUCE
REGEN

The eighteen year old keeper had decent stats and I thought, why not sign him? He'll be in the Youth Team for a while though

JORES OKORE

View attachment 371984
We needed a youngster in the defence as his Danish compatriot, Daniel Agger was getting on a bit and we needed someone for backup and I thought Jores fitted the bill perfectly, he's young (only 23), athletic and perfect for our style of football

ONUR GUNDONGDU
REGEN

The German eighteen-year-old was signed on a free, somehow, he has brilliant base stats, and amazing potential according to my scouts and coaches which encouraged me to offer him a long contract

ALEX SMITHIES

View attachment 371988
We needed another goalkeeper to back up Marc Andre Ter Stegen and to hopefully learn from him, so I signed Alex Smithies from Celtic for the price of £10m, I am confident that Alex can prove to be a useful understudy to Marc and that he could step in and do the job

OUTS
ANDY CARROLL TO BLACKBURN ROVERS FOR £4M

View attachment 371989
We let the Big Man leave for Blackburn as he was being pushed further and further down the pecking order behind Welbeck, Falcao and Borini and even El Shaarawy and Gerrard, so he had to be moved on and when Rovers came in with a £4m bid, I couldn't say no.

PEPE REINA TO AC MILAN FOR £15M

View attachment 371991
Well, with the signing of Marc Andre Ter Stegen, Pepe was going to be forced down the pecking order, something the Spaniard didn't want to happen, so he followed fellow Spaniard Jose Enrique to AC Milan for £15m

DANNY WILSON TO WEST BROM FOR £1.8M

View attachment 371992
Danny barely played for us in his tenure here and we needed some money to fund the Okore deal, so he move on, following Jordan Henderson to The Hawthorns for a lesser price to bolster their defence.

PER MERTESACKER TO WERDER BREMEN FOR £2.5M

View attachment 371993
We signed Per from Arsenal for £1.8m to strengthen the sides defensive backup, we then sold him on to his old side Werder Bremen for a £700k profit, which in my opinion is a good piece of business as he'd turned into a whining git

RUI PATRICIO TO NAPOLI FOR £15M

View attachment 371994
We sold two goalkeepers for a combined price of £30m and signed two for a combined price of £30m not making a profit or a loss, I liked Rui as a player however, like Per he turned into a whining git so we shipped him off to Napoli for a £3.5m profit

MARTIN KELLY TO ARSENAL FOR £8.5M

View attachment 371997
Martin was unfortunately pushed back down the pecking order by Dani Carvajal and wasn't, in my opinion good enough to sustain himself in the team, Arsene Wenger had been asking about him for a while so I let him go for just shy of £9m

AUGUST
View attachment 371999
First bunch of games
European Super Cup
Charity Shield

PREMIER LEAGUE
West Ham 0-1 Liverpool
El Shaarawy

We visited London to begin our season and came home with a good win as West Ham is a hard place to go and Stephan El Shaarawy's goal got us the win

Liverpool 2-1 Wigan
Bender, Coutinho

We played Wigan early in the season again and beat them, again, Sven Bender and Phillipe Coutinho scoring some good goals to beat The Latics

CHARITY SHIELD
Arsenal 1-2 Liverpool
Bender, Falcao

We played Arsenal in the season's traditional curtain raiser and won the Charity Shield 2-1 with Bender and Falcao grabbing the goals

EUROPEAN SUPER CUP
Liverpool 1-1 Barcelona
Carvajal
Liverpool win 3-2 on penalties

We beat Spains best club in the European Super Cup on penalties in this classic match

View attachment 372000View attachment 372001
We've won two trophies in the opening month!

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP
GROUP B
AC MILAN
BORUSSIA DORTMUND
LIVERPOOL
FC VASLUI

Last edited:
SEPTEMBER
View attachment 372058
My first Champions League games
How do we cope without stalwarts such as Reina and Carragher (retired)?
Some tough games

PREMIER LEAGUE

Liverpool 4-0 Wolves
Falcao (2), El Shaarawy, Welbeck

Cracking result against Wolves and a first Liverpool goal for Danny Welbeck!

Manchester City 3-2 Liverpool
Falcao, Welbeck

We went to the ETIHAD Stadium (where we don't have the best record) and unfortunately lost 3-2 due to a Tevez goal in the 57th minute

Sunderland 2-2 Liverpool
Welbeck, Shawcross

We went up to Sunderland where Danny Welbeck and Ryan Shawcross gave us the lead, before Steven Fletcher nicked a point for us with a penalty

Liverpool 4-2 Stoke
Falcao, Welbeck (2), Borini

Well, a promising Stoke side visited Anfield for today's clash and went home with their backsides well and truly spanked thanks to a double from new signing Danny Welbeck

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
GROUP B

Liverpool 1-0 AC Milan
Allen

Well we faced the formidable Italian side AC Milan at Anfield with poor odds on us to win but we surprised the bookmakers with a 1-0 victory courtesy of a Joe Allen goal

Dortmund 0-1 Liverpool
Borini

We went to Germany to face ex-Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez's Borussia Dortmund in tonight's clash, beating them by the solitary goal from Fabio Borini

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DANNY WELBECK

View attachment 372059
The ex-United man put himself in the heart's and mind's of Kopites as he scored some crucial goals this month

MONTH REVIEW-Quite a successful month, beating the top 2 teams in our Champions League group and losing but one game

POSITION-4th

OCTOBER
View attachment 372071
League Cup exit
Big league games
Champions League game

PREMIER LEAGUE

Liverpool 3-2 Chelsea
Falcao, Shawcross, Welbeck

Ha ha! We prove tradition can beat moneybags as we win 3-2 at home

Arsenal 1-3 Liverpool
Welbeck (2), Falcao

Welbeck grabs two against his former rivals to propel us up the table

Reading 1-2 Liverpool
Coutinho, Falcao

We then beat another side away from home, troubled Reading 2-1

Liverpool 1-0 Norwich
Shawcross

Shawcross has score quite a few for s since joining from Stoke

LEAGUE CUP
Third Round

Liverpool 1-0 Wolves
Wilde

We gave some youngsters a run-out and Bradley Wilde scored

FOURTH ROUND

Liverpool 1-2 Manchester City
Sterling

Our second-string side was edged out by Man City

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
GROUP B

FC Vaslui 1-4 Liverpool
Welbeck (3), Falcao

We're almost certain to qualify now

POSITION-3rd

i was really enjoying this story but after getting to page 6 i wont be going any further, of all the newspapers to use to break a story . you used the S*n. you might not be a lfc fan (which i think you are going off your signings of staff at the start) or you might be too young to understand the hatred towards that dirty rag, but please go n research it you will soon understand.

here is a little starting point for you. Don’t Buy The Sun | Anfield Road

JFT96
​YNWA

i was really enjoying this story but after getting to page 6 i wont be going any further, of all the newspapers to use to break a story . you used the S*n. you might not be a lfc fan (which i think you are going off your signings of staff at the start) or you might be too young to understand the hatred towards that dirty rag, but please go n research it you will soon understand.

JFT96
​YNWA
Bit harsh and bit rash for just one thing. Coming from a Liverpool fan

JFT96
​YNWA
Sorry about that, just didn't think, I was just concentrating on posting the stuff I completely forgot about everything regarding The Sun newspaper, completely slipped my mind, sorry.

NOVEMBER
View attachment 372321
Qualify from CL Group
Some big wins

PREMIER LEAGUE

Liverpool 5-0 Aston Villa
Falcao (2), Wlebeck (2), El Shaarawy

Well, Aston Villa came to town and their keeper is on loan from us, we obviously knew his weaknesses and knocked 5 past him

Everton 2-4 Liverpool
Welbeck (2), Falcao, Shawcross

Well our visit to Goodison yielded goals once more, Danny Welbeck putting himself in Liverpool folklore with the winning goal and his form this season

Liverpool 2-0 West Brom
Falcao, Welbeck

West Brom visited today and what was billed as an easy win for us Reds was a 2-0 victory thanks to Falcao and Danny Welbeck

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
GROUP B

Liverpool 2-1 FC Vaslui
Sterling, Falcao

Raheem Sterling and Radamel Falcao scored to put us through to the next round

AC Milan 2-0 Liverpool

We rested players that's all I can say

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DANNY WELBECK

View attachment 372334
Well, this season Danny has MORE than justified his price tag, leading the club and divisions scoring charts

POSITION-2nd

MONTH REVIEW-A solid month getting through in the Champions League and not dropping a point in the PL

I think he is being a little rash i went through your story and you only use the Sun once and although most people know of the whole Sun thing im sure you meant no harm by it, from another Liverpool fan

DECEMBER
View attachment 372341
Happy Holidays at Anfield
We play the Mancs at Anfield

PREMIER LEAGUE
Liverpool 2-1 Manchester United
Borini, Welbeck

We beat Manure and I honestly think this proves that we have arrived on the scene as a Big Side

Liverpool 1-1 Tottenham
Coutinho

Well, Coutinho, who hasn't shone through like he normally has this season, scored a magnificent goal to draw against Spurs

Fulham 0-2 Liverpool
Falcao (2)

We travelled to Craven Cottage (one of my favourite grounds) and beat Fulham 2-0 which is a good, solid result

Blackburn 0-1 Liverpool
Borini

We travelled to Ewood Park and made it harder than it needed to be to beat Rovers 1-0

Liverpool 4-0 Swansea
Welbeck (3), Sterling

Danny and Raheem finished off the Swans in todays heavily one-sided encounter

Liverpool 3-0 West Ham
Sterling (2), Shawcross

The two R's (Ryan and Raheem) scored to beat The Hammers at home today by a comfortable three-goal margin

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
GROUP B
Liverpool 1-2 Borussia Dortmund
Welbeck

We're already through so we rested players

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
RAHEEM STERLING

View attachment 372354
He's been consistent and his service from the wing has been invaluable

MONTH REVIEW-Another good month unbeaten in the league and some good all-round performances

POSITION-1st

We sign a big player in the next update, start the guessing

PS. He signed for us over Barcelona

JANUARY
View attachment 372517
A HUGE signing
But a HUGE sale too

PREMIER LEAGUE

Newcastle 1-2 Liverpool
Welbeck

Well, we went where we went last season and got smashed 5-0, this time a nice solid win

Wigan 1-4 Liverpool
El Shaarawy (2), Allen, Wilde

Well, our second away game in a row and we beat Athletic 4-1 at the DW

Liverpool 2-0 Sunderland
Falcao, Shawcross

A third win in a row, brilliant form

Wolves 0-3 Liverpool
New signing, Falcao

Our new signing makes an immediate impact on his debut

Stoke 1-1 Liverpool
New signing

He's doing brilliantly 2 goals in 2 games

FA CUP
Third Round

Liverpool 3-0 Torquay
Borini (2), Sterling

A nice, solid win to progress into the Fourth Round

FOURTH ROUND

Liverpool 2-1 Watford
Wilde, Ntcham

Our second string side dismantle Watford

DRAWS
FA CUP
QPR
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
BARCELONA

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
THE SQUAD

The whole squad have been excellent including youngsters like Bradley Wilde and Alex Smithies

POSITION-1st

MONTH REVIEW-6 points clear of Chelsea at the top of the table, life's looking good

View attachment 372533
ONE IN, ONE OUT
View attachment 372542View attachment 372543

Liverpool have caused a stir in the January transfer market by signing 23-year-old German striker Kevin Volland from Hoffenheim for £23m in an eagerly anticipated deal between the two sides.

The German striker, who has one Germany cap, has scored 62 goals in 122 appearances for Hoffeinheim in the Bundesliga attracted the attention of Liverpool in the summer of 2014. However no formal offer was accepted by Hoffeinheim.

However, in December, the striker handed in a formal transfer request, which was accepted and he was placed on the market for £23m. Barcelona and Liverpool both met the asking price and offered contracts to the young German international, and instead of moving to Sunny Spain, he opted for The English Premiership.

To facilitate this deal however, and so that Volland could have the time and room needed to flourish and settle, one of the main strikers at Liverpool (Falcao, Welbeck, Borini) had to leave, and manager John Aldridge decided to choose the latter. Fabio Borini was put up for sale at an asking price of £25m, £15m more than his estimated value, and only one club matches the asking price, Real Madrid, so Fabio Borini packed his bags and left for the sunny (and boiling flaming hot) climate of Madrid, to play in one of the moat entertaining two-horse races in the world (La Liga between Barca and Real, unless KLIPPYBO is playing then Bilbao are in the hat).

BIGGEST TRANSFERS, JANUARY 2016

FABIO BORINI FROM LIVERPOOL TO REAL MADRID FOR £25M
RICARDO VAN RHIJN FROM ARSENAL TO MAN CITY FOR £24M
KEVIN VOLLAND FROM HOFFENHEIM TO LIVERPOOL FOR £23M
LEROY FER FROM ARSENAL TO FC BAYERN MUNICH FOR £14.75M
SEBASTIAN COATES FROM MAN CITY TO TOTTENHAM FOR £12.25M

FEBRUARY
View attachment 372797
HUGE European game
3 big League games

PREMIER LEAGUE

Liverpool 1-1 Manchester City
Makeev

Oil-rich City came to town and we gained a solid draw against the third-placed side

Chelsea 0-0 Liverpool

We went to Stamford Bridge to face our title rivals Chelsea and we stopped them in their tracks and earned a solid draw

Liverpool 1-1 Arsenal
Falcao

This game against Arsenal was the easiest this month, which shows how hard it was, the League Cup holders came out all guns blazing but we stopped them

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
1ST KNOCKOUT ROUND
1st Leg

Liverpool 2-0 Barcelona
Falcao, Coutinho

The ex-La Liga player Falcao turned Barcelona inside-out with an excellent display where he really showed his class, dominating Pique

FA CUP
Fifth Round

QPR 1-3 Liverpool
Falcao (2), Ramsey

The two R's agin (Radamel and Rambo) scored to put us through against QPR

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
RADAMEL FALCAO

View attachment 372803
He got some more goals for us this month, doing everything a striker should

MONTH REVIEW-We progressed in the FA Cup and beat Barcelona in the Champions League, and got three good draws against some top teams

POSITION-1st

MARCH
View attachment 372820
Youth intake
Rob a youngster off City
Second leg v Barcelona

PREMIER LEAGUE
Aston Villa 1-5 Liverpool
Volland (3), Falcao, Welbeck

All three strikers combined to annihilate The Villains at Villa Park

Liverpool 1-1 Newcastle
Falcao

We draw against the Magpies at home, not bad, but should have won if we want to win the title

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
1ST KNOCKOUT ROUND
2nd Leg

Barcelona 1-1 Liverpool
Welbeck

YES! WE'RE TROUGH TO THE QUARTER FINALS
Where we play Madrid, bollocks

QUARTER-FINALS
1st Leg

Real Madrid 3-1 Liverpool
Shawcross
DEDE SENT OFF FOR LIVERPOOL

Well, we travelled to Madrid and lost the plot in the heat

FA CUP
SIXTH ROUND

Newcastle 0-2 Liverpool
Wilde (2)

Bradley Wilde has been terrific with all of his cameos this season

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
KEVIN VOLLAND

View attachment 372823
Just for the hat-trick at Villa

MONTH REVIEW-Unbeaten in the league and go through in the Cup, however Chelsea are closing the gap

POSITION-1st