jassar

Reaction score

Reason why I went the Counter route.....Its simple
I really like the way Diego Simeone operates at Athletico Madrid

Widely regarded as one of the finest exponents of defensive tactics in Europe, Champions League finalists Atletico Madrid’s strategy is more attacking than you might think.
View attachment 1092907
And the German or should I say
View attachment 114593
Klopp's way of Pressing

Gegenpressing
“immediate ball recovery"

So I have tried to give their philosophy's a shot with Fm 17 .Some of you wont 100% agree that it is the same tactics as they plays .I know that ,my main aim with this to try and play like ATM and press like Klopp and at the same time make some Fm 17 based changes which will bring results in game .

FORMATION

View attachment 114731

OI'S

Gegenpressing
“immediate ball recovery"

Never used OIs ever before in FM but to try to make it a true Gegenpressing I have added them .They go hand in hand with the tactics
View attachment 114585

Recently started season
View attachment 114592View attachment 114591
Will keep updating it as season progresses

TRAINING
Pre Season
View attachment 114590

Once season starts
If not a lot of signings were made

View attachment 114589

If lot of signings were made
View attachment 114588

SETPIECES

Best freekick takers take the free kick
Best corner takers take corners

INDIVIDUAL TRAINING

STC = "Deep Lying Forward"

ML,MR = "Winger"

CM'S="Box to Box"

DL/DR = "Complete Wing Back"

CDL/CDR= "Central Defender"

GK : = "Goalkeeper"

PPMs

COMPLETE FORWARD
"Plays One-Twos", "Shots With Power"
WIDE MIDFIELDER
CENTRAL MIDFIELDER
WING BACK
"Gets Forward Whenever Possible", "Plays One-Twos", "Shots With Power"
CENTER BACK
"Pass rather than Shot"

MORALE
[video=youtube;tVNKy1Ye618]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVNKy1Ye618&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Individual player instructions and Team instruction Screen Shots are in post #52

When goes down to 10 men
When a player gets yellow I change his hard take to easy off and at half time team talk calm down.... Still if he gets red than I take one CF out and move CMD in DM position

Few things to keep in mind

Have seen Some red cards during my tests so if u guys are also noticing that remove tackle hard from the players that i have given that instruction to as the tactics itself and the OI s are doing that .
Some of you will also notice some long shots from central midfielders but for my save it have worked out quite well as I have seen quite a lot of goals from that ,If you guys dint want that can add shoot less instruction to that specific position

Done the best I could with the setpieces...collecting data from all over the internet but still could not find a good Defending free kick Setup ...so might concede a goal here and there

Rest to follow......

Last edited:
uh jassar is back :) A legend returns, cant wait to try this :)

Can I ask what individual player roles are and team instruction set up please? Thx

Welcome Maestro! It's nice to see you around. The patch messed up my 4-4-2, so I hope you will beat the ME :)

Cheers

Welcome Maestro! It's nice to see you around. The patch messed up my 4-4-2, so I hope you will beat the ME :)

Cheers
Hey mate how r u.Yes every patch with ME changes send us back to the drawing board.Lets see .wanted to work on Low rank teams and counter play like athletico ...so fingers crossed

hey man, just a few questions as I've been trying to use 442 at Inter but the teams always manage to counter my tactic somehow...

why very fluid and not structured or very structured?

also I see no overlapping and atletico plays more of a direct quick balls hardly ever pumping the ball into the box?

He's back. The game will change now. Welcome back my friend :)

hey man, just a few questions as I've been trying to use 442 at Inter but the teams always manage to counter my tactic somehow...

why very fluid and not structured or very structured?

also I see no overlapping and atletico plays more of a direct quick balls hardly ever pumping the ball into the box?

As I said in OP.......its inspired by Simeone.....

kept it fluid so that the team works together as a unit not individually......
most of the goals that I conceded in tests were from space left behind by fullbacks when selected overlapping....so decided not to.....
left direct passing out as with high tempo it was letting players give away ball way too easily ....used work the ball instruction instead with shorter passing .....

As I said in OP.......its inspired by Simeone.....

kept it fluid so that the team works together as a unit not individually......
most of the goals that I conceded in tests were from space left behind by fullbacks when selected overlapping....so decided not to.....
left direct passing out as with high tempo it was letting players give away ball way too easily ....used work the ball instruction instead with shorter passing .....

thanks

oh right i see :) it all makes sense now :)

how do you do tests? i've read a deep guide regarding tactics for fm16 covering lots of stuff that was pretty hard to understand anyway and came up with this rigid system but its a hit and miss thats why im here :)

thanks

oh right i see :) it all makes sense now :)

how do you do tests? i've read a deep guide regarding tactics for fm16 covering lots of stuff that was pretty hard to understand anyway and came up with this rigid system but its a hit and miss thats why im here :)

Test it with custom database .than once desired results are there than testing it with teams in normal career mode

ok thanks

I want to implement this tactics at Inter, so wonder how would you counter formations that have a positional advantage, so ie. Juventus playing narrow 4312 having 2 more players in midfield as well as playing very narrow and not necesarrily through the middle but using wide offensive fullbacks and also they tend to change tactics to 433 narrow to attack even more

same goes for wide offensive 433(41221) that roma plays which often changes to 4240

and of course theres the popular in italy 352 and 4231...

I had a really nice game againts Hoffenheim away from home with Wolfsburg (3:0 ). I'm in the third season so I manage to build a decent team with Origi and Bony up front and my man - Robben on the right side. Even he is 34 YO now he bangs 2 goals in this game. It's hard to judge tactic after one game but we dominated for the whole time and my players show some nice football. I will add this formation as my 3rd tactic and see how it goes.