Is it best to play with right footed winger on right midfield and left on left, or with invert footed wingers?
I'm playing with invert and they are doing great job. I have posted my results from Wolsfburg save earlier.

Many thanks Jassar for your tactics. I just finish 2 seasons with LOSC in France and results are amazing :
2 Ligue 1 - 2 french cup - 1 league cup and 1 europ
Glad to hear that .mind if you share some SS of matches

View attachment 114406
media pred 5 no transfers watching matches
View attachment 114405
into semi-finals already beating 3 top division sides(including AJAX)
View attachment 114404View attachment 114403
only change is away tactic and also waste time tactic really good for last 20-30mins and allaway matches
-drag back CF into BWM(s) position and added PI's hold on position and less risky passes
- change TI from exploit the flanks to exploit the middle in away version

:)

For me,and like results of my tests this is counter tactics where my team play possesion football and where my team concede goals on counters...very interesting

hey man, just a few questions as I've been trying to use 442 at Inter but the teams always manage to counter my tactic somehow...

why very fluid and not structured or very structured?

also I see no overlapping and atletico plays more of a direct quick balls hardly ever pumping the ball into the box?

Read the description of very fluid, and you will understand why he is using it, when you read the description you will see it fits perfectly as Atletico defends, they defend with all the players, all the players participate in the defensive phase, from Griezman to Godin, in attack could be another story as very fluid says All players participate in all the phases of the game, defence-transitions-attack, Atletico in some matches have shown they actually can attack with all the players and done quite good, the only thing im not conviced very much is the Midfield duo are involucrated soo much in real life, dont mistake my words, its actually a very good thing it can be done and its a plus being possible to do it in the game, but Atletico in real life with Gabi and Tiago can't do it, they aren't the players for it, they are more of Defensive midfielders, probably Simeone would love to do it but he really haven't got the players for it, maybe with koke and agusto fernandez but the last one have been injured in the last season and in this season he will probably miss it again. I think you would Need *2 Kokes, 2 Rakitics, 2 Modrics* (*in real life*), 2 Vidal or 2 Marchisio, etc but with 20 of stamina.

Read the description of very fluid, and you will understand why he is using it, when you read the description you will see it fits perfectly as Atletico defends, they defend with all the players, all the players participate in the defensive phase, from Griezman to Godin, in attack could be another story as very fluid says All players participate in all the phases of the game, defence-transitions-attack, Atletico in some matches have shown they actually can attack with all the players and done quite good, the only thing im not conviced very much is the Midfield duo are involucrated soo much in real life, dont mistake my words, its actually a very good thing it can be done and its a plus being possible to do it in the game, but Atletico in real life with Gabi and Tiago can't do it, they aren't the players for it, they are more of Defensive midfielders, probably Simeone would love to do it but he really haven't got the players for it, maybe with koke and agusto fernandez but the last one have been injured in the last season and in this season he will probably miss it again. I think you would Need *2 Kokes, 2 Rakitics, 2 Modrics* (*in real life*), 2 Vidal or 2 Marchisio, etc but with 20 of stamina.
Most of your post is right on but I did tried keeping midfield like that a bit more defensive ....but fm can never get those kind of good results if I make the tactics exactly same as ATM .....so made few changes to make it successful in FM 17

View attachment 1093274
media pred 5 no transfers watching matches
View attachment 1093275
into semi-finals already beating 3 top division sides(including AJAX)
View attachment 1093276View attachment 1093277
only change is away tactic and also waste time tactic really good for last 20-30mins and allaway matches
-drag back CF into BWM(s) position and added PI's hold on position and less risky passes
- change TI from exploit the flanks to exploit the middle in away version
Glad those changes are working for you .m..I did tried that as well but every time for me I did concede a silly goal so only changes I am making atm in manu save are lowering the tempo one touch and dribble less instruction

For me,and like results of my tests this is counter tactics where my team play possesion football and where my team concede goals on counters...very interesting
It is a counter tactics with pressing high up the pitch .....so it works as a attacking football and you will see a lot of goals scored and sometimes when you play that high pressing game you do get attacked on counter

Defence is very leaky I've found but you do score a lot so tactic could do with balancing a little more. Push the defensive line up a notch or move a midfielder into a deeper position perhaps?

I remember bringing Dover from the conference to the Championship in FM14 using your Modern Warfare 4-4-2.

Now you just messed up my plans for this Sunday... Thanks Jassar!

Defence is very leaky I've found but you do score a lot so tactic could do with balancing a little more. Push the defensive line up a notch or move a midfielder into a deeper position perhaps?
If you don't have the right players who are better at work rate vision anticipation it can hurt you.counter tactics are always like a double edged sword ....right players can get you amazing results. I will create some player list for each position later today.

Not impressed at all with how my teams play and with the overall results using this tactic, unfortunately. I get dominated most of the times and I concede lots of goals with counterattacks, much more than I score with counters. And this is a counter tactic...

Will try something else I guess :(

need to improve my squad alot more but so far so good, thanks Jassar

Played the whole season with Celtic. This tactic concedes too many goals, which is a shame as it was great to start with but games that I should be winning with ease turn into the struggle due to the counter attack setting. Probably be great for an under-dog team, but not a top team IMO.