Cristiano Ronaldo to Real Madrid

A good deal for Man Utd. I have hated Ronaldo since day 1 and even though he may be a remarkable player i would never want anyone like that in my team (if i was a manager)

I also want to know where Real are getting all this money all of a sudden? If they can bring in a defender and a holding midfielder like Senna or Macherano who isnt afraid to get stuck in...but nobody will give them time to gel so the pressure will be on.

Ive been wondering about that aswell, I think its that guy perez or something like that who's president of spain and guess what team he supports? real madrid so he puts all his cash into them the lucky bastards..

Ive been wondering about that aswell, I think its that guy perez or something like that who's president of spain and guess what team he supports? real madrid so he puts all his cash into them the lucky bastards..

It's coming from bank loans supported by expected future revenue. This time round they haven't got the land to sell off at dubiously inflated prices to the Madrid taxpayer to clear off the most pressing debts when they become due for payment though although Real Madrid will point to how their merchandising has never been stronger and so the overall debt left will be lower than last time too.

Don't expect Platini to comment on this.

edit: Times has this decent article on Madrid's finances: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/manchester_united/article6478713.ece

It's coming from bank loans supported by expected future revenue. This time round they haven't got the land to sell off at dubiously inflated prices to the Madrid taxpayer to clear off the most pressing debts when they become due for payment though although Real Madrid will point to how their merchandising has never been stronger and so the overall debt left will be lower than last time too.

Don't expect Platini to comment on this.

edit: Times has this decent article on Madrid's finances: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/manchester_united/article6478713.ece

Ah ok thats interesting..

I wouldnt like to be the manager of real madrid for next season man! i dunno how they could pick a team from all the quality players they got would give me headaches everyday..

currently david villa is nearing to a move to real madrid also greedy *****.

It's a joke that footballers are costing the likes of 60-80m. Money that could be used to ease some of the problems in the world.

class player be big loss to premiership no question.

yeah i hate him so much, but ******* 80million? when zidane went to them i thought 45 was too much but 80 is too ******* extravagant. PLUS they just got kaka for 56million, its pathetic. if they get silva and villa then its getting disgraceful

yeah i hate him so much, but ******* 80million? when zidane went to them i thought 45 was too much but 80 is too ******* extravagant. PLUS they just got kaka for 56million, its pathetic. if they get silva and villa then its getting disgraceful
sorry but if u support chelski then thats abit pot kettle don`t you think chelski have done the samething over the last few years just not on such a higher scale imo!

The thing is now a whole catalogue of other players values will rocket. For example, Bayern will look at that price and think "If Ronaldo is worth 80, then so is Ribery." Now every player Man Utd look at, people are going to think "Well they have some money right there, lets hold out for a larger fee." Just like they do with City and Chelski.

Fees in football are nothing short of a ******* joke.

It's no worse than any other club breaking transfer records to get the players they feel they need - Arsenal in the 20s and 30s, Liverpool in the 70s and 80s, Manchester United since the 80s, Chelsea since Uncle Roubles took over, Blackburn under Walker etc etc.

Paying big money for players doesn't guarantee success as others have pointed out in the thread. They'll buy a lot of good footballers but many of those are not good players and are ones who have achieved success by having a team built around them, not from being part of a cohesive and balanced team. Madrid will remain as unbalanced as ever and vulnerable to exactly the same tactical nouse and team based ethic as they were the last time they tried this.

Personally, I don't give two hoots - although I do like how Perez is exceptionally respectful towards Benitez and refuses to engage in transfer speculation about Liverpool players we all know they want (Alonso in particular, never mind Gerrard) because of that respect.

sorry but if u support chelski then thats abit pot kettle don`t you think chelski have done the samething over the last few years just not on such a higher scale imo!

first of all i support chelsea, not chelski.
secondly can i just ask you to give me one transfer chelsea have done that has ruined football? highest fee paid - shevchenko and yes he was a flop but in my opinion he was the best striker in the world at the time. arsenal have more money than chelsea, they just choose not to show it plus wenger is a mastermind in producing quality young players. so no it is not the pot calling the kettle black because this is nothing like real madrid.

Sell Ronaldo give advantages and disadvantages to Man Utd. They cannot replace ther player abilities like Ronaldo at this moment. But they cannot keep him because he just send a transfer request to Fergie. That's the point that Fergie was forced to sell him. Maybe Glazer take his own decision in this business (like FM09-Board takeover). Read this..

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...niteds-top-six-transfer-targets.html?offset=0

Not going to click on the link, but Manchester United 'in the knows' on other forums (ones who are usually right) are saying that that this was a Glazer decision and not a Taggart one. Ronaldo made a transfer request and Real Madrid just happened to make an 80 million quid bid at the same time.

of course it was a glazier decision, just wants the money, typical american

i hate him and madrid so they go well together in my eyes :D great player but a **** in so many ways

what i hate about madrid is they sign these players with money they apparently dont have and all the rest of it and get away with it, it is a fact if this if this was an english club signing messi or pato for example Platini would come down hard on them for bringing game to disrupute or something french like that

Madrid will make far more than 80 million off him in the long run, so it's a great deal.