Darren Bent hands in transfer request?!?!

yeah well they could do with a winger first, for sure. not sure kuyt and cole are natural wingers so they need to sort that out, but I agree, bent and torres would be lethal. clearly a step up from n'gog for sure.

I think its a strange deal Darren Bent is a proven goalscorer in the Prem but he is not an 18 million pound player at all! but thanks to Sheik mansour thats why everyone is over inflated in the transfer market!

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

I also think this will mean carew will be leaving villa!

Nothing to do with Sheikh Mansour, it's to do with the fact he's English and they paid a lot of money for him in the first place.

All of his transfers have been overpriced, went to Spurs for about the same amount, went to Charlton for like £10M if I remember and £12M ish to Sunderland so he's always been overpriced, it's because he's English and a proper goalscorer.

Well, with all that cash, Sunderland maybe should take a look at Bothroyd? He would be a good buy

spurs paid 18m to get him off charlton in the first place! pacy, english goalscorers are few and far between unfortunately so naturally their price is over the top.

Nothing to do with Sheikh Mansour, it's to do with the fact he's English and they paid a lot of money for him in the first place.

All of his transfers have been overpriced, went to Spurs for about the same amount, went to Charlton for like £10M if I remember and £12M ish to Sunderland so he's always been overpriced, it's because he's English and a proper goalscorer.

charlton paid 2.5 for him.

He went to charlton for 3 million , spurs payed 16M for him over a 3 year payment and based on add ons as well, and sold him at a loss of 6 million to sunderland

I think i just have a vendetta against Sheik mansour!

going off topic just for a second. what the **** happened to charlton; I used to follow them quite a bit and when they got relegated they must have got SO much money frmo transfers, I mean just 18m from bent alone and now look at their team. sad times.

Wow, i mean i rate bent as a striker, but 18 million is to much, Villa could better spend that elsewhere

Im surprised no one has went for jay bothyroyd yet his contract is up in 6 months and could prob get him for around between 1 and 3 million which i think cardiff would have to accept in there finicial position

I'd like to see Bothroyd at my club. Good player, and we could use a player like that right now.

Thats alot of money i never thought Villa had unless they are selling someone like Ashley Young maybe??? Will score goals wherever he is so will be a good signing for Villa. A consulation for Sunderland is that they have Gyan who is more than capable of playing a lone role and they will have a nice 20ish million to buy another forward and they have a manager who seems to find excellent players in the market.

I'd like to see Bothroyd at my club. Good player, and we could use a player like that right now.

Agreed im hoping newcastle take him as weve been linked with him! would also happily take him at rangers in the spl as a replacement for kenny miller!

Thats alot of money i never thought Villa had unless they are selling someone like Ashley Young maybe??? Will score goals wherever he is so will be a good signing for Villa. A consulation for Sunderland is that they have Gyan who is more than capable of playing a lone role and they will have a nice 20ish million to buy another forward and they have a manager who seems to find excellent players in the market.
It could well be that Lerner didnt trust Oneill, remember O'neill spent a lot of money on youth and didnt play them

It could well be that Lerner didnt trust Oneill, remember O'neill spent a lot of money on youth and didnt play them

Yer i know that, its just not the kind of sums you expect when you hear of villa i suppose. Like i say unless they are selling Young or another 5-6 of their fringe players i.e Carew etc then its abit of a shock.

I think I can see a bid coming in for Danny Welbeck from Sunderland now.

Well its looking like carew and Curties davies are definetly on the way out with carew linked with a lot of teams and davies to stoke , as well as sidwell already gone i think there will be a major shake up at villa with at least 3 more players going!

thats the price of English players im afraid mate. Thats one of the main reasons why there are so many foreign players in the PL.