Darren Bent hands in transfer request?!?!

I wouldn't say he's been their best just because he's scored a few goals. if you actually watch him he does very little except from occasionally whip in a decent ball or be in the right place. he's not a touch on albrighton.
but yer fair kop, if he's pushing for a move to a bigger club then you can see some logic, but which of the top 4/5 would want him.

I can't help but feel you've never watched Aston Villa play
Downing is one of the hardest workers in the team.
He is up and down his wing, helping the fullback all game, he gets into good positions, whips a good ball in and is a fantastic asset for us.

Last edited:
15 of those are pens.
That should be Tevez who's only got 3 pens and Drogba only 2 pens.. From Twitter OptaJoe.

Well, Rooney's **** at penalties, that's why. He's missed 4/9 or something.

15 of those are pens.
That should be Tevez who's only got 3 pens and Drogba only 2 pens.. From Twitter OptaJoe.

Ah, but we're short of quality penalty takers. I'd be happy with that.

Fixed it for you :) 17th not 18th

And our position is not permanent, by any means. We're in bad form, yes, but we will get better.

Drogba and rooney bring so much more to their sides than goals, bent is just a goals scorer, very good one, but that is all. Anyway you cut it, 18 million is a lot, probably too much

On the other hand, both Drogba and Rooney are worth more than £18 mil. Drogba maybe not, but then again Bent is much younger.

My personal opinion on the matter is I wouldn't pay £10 million for Bent never mind £18 million. Sunderland are making a massive profit here mind, Welbeck will be coming to them, and no doubt they'll add in an extra defender because Tightarse Bramble is shocking...

liverpool should try for him if he's put in a transfer request !!

My personal opinion on the matter is I wouldn't pay £10 million for Bent never mind £18 million. Sunderland are making a massive profit here mind, Welbeck will be coming to them, and no doubt they'll add in an extra defender because Tightarse Bramble is shocking...

A Newcastle fan slating Bent, surely not.

Bent is a prolific goalscorer, well worth £10 mil at least.

Agree with this, Bent being English means he won't need time to settle in and £18 million is nothing considering he could potentially save them from relegation, without him i can't see where the goals are coming from.

I think this week has proved just how serious Lerner is about AVFC, a chairman that actually cares about his club.

Well you answered for the wrong part. Should have said Welbeck wont be sold ;)

I heard it's because he couldn't settle from a mate.
But why wait until now to hand in a transfer request then?

I disagree, however that may be down to the Newcastle part. Don't get me wrong 24 goals or something last year is a good record but I still don't believe he's worth £18-£24 million, especially when there's plenty of other strikers they could get who are just as good and don't cost as much.

I disagree, however that may be down to the Newcastle part. Don't get me wrong 24 goals or something last year is a good record but I still don't believe he's worth £18-£24 million, especially when there's plenty of other strikers they could get who are just as good and don't cost as much.

I don't think he's worth £18 mil either, but I do think he's worth £10 mil, and you said he wasn't worth the latter.

I'd like to see Bothroyd at my club. Good player, and we could use a player like that right now.

I'd also like him at Everton.

On Topic: Way over priced for him, he could find better deals abroad.

in his defence it wasnt just those goals last year, he scored bucketloads for charlton and even a lot for tottenham when he was fourth choice. the kids a born goalscorer.

Bent is class goalscorer, and I think £18 mil is a fair price for him. English players always cost more, and 81 goals in 3 season counts for a lot. Wish he was still at WHL :(

He's been getting a lot of stick from Sunderland fans round here. Yeah he's not had a good couple of weeks, and got some absolute pelters today, but what striker doesn't have a blip. When he's on form, he can be very reliable indeed. Maybe a fresh start will help him out

Bent is class goalscorer, and I think £18 mil is a fair price for him. English players always cost more, and 81 goals in 3 season counts for a lot. Wish he was still at WHL :(

81 goals in 5 years mate.. but still ag great record considering the sides he's been at and the amount of football he's been playing..

Yet somehow he struggles to even get into the England squad oO)

Didn't think Bent was the sort of person to do something like this. In my opinion, 18 million is a bit too much for him. One thing is certain though, give him service and he will score goals. If Houllier wants a pure goalscorer, he will get one.

Anyway I love him and will support him wherever he goes.

---------- Post added at 04:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 AM ----------

In always though Bent never really got a fair crack of the whip at Spurs.

I do think that 18 mill is too much for him, but I don't see us scoring enough goals from any of the other players in the squad and if he can get the goals to keep Villa up, then it is 18 mill VERY well spent.

not bad for spurs-get 10% of transfer fee. Christopher Sambas being linked with Villa too I'm hearing, but remains to be seen if that happens. Curious about this sudden injection of cash? Lerner win the Euro lotter or something lol