Darren Bent hands in transfer request?!?!

Im surprised no one has went for jay bothyroyd yet his contract is up in 6 months and could prob get him for around between 1 and 3 million which i think cardiff would have to accept in there finicial position

Newcastle went for him, he says he wants to stay at Cardiff, now the manager has come out and said.

We'll have Jay back next week against Watford at home and that's great for the team. We will not be selling any of our key players. Jay has been offered a new contract. That's all we can do. It's his decision whether to accept it, but he is under contract for the rest of this season.

But £18m is a bit much for Bent, although if he rediscovers his form I guess the goals will be worth it.

O'neil left Villa as he was not given any funds isn't it? They were competing for European place at that time. With the extra funds they would have been fighting for 4-5th spot.

And 18 Million is way too much for Bent.

Anyone who's seen Bent this season will know that he's not worth £24m, not even close. Sell him, Brucey, we need players who want to play.

I have noticed that Ed mate. Watching him recently he looks off the pace and maybe needs to move on.

This is so abrupt, I'm quite shocked.

Also, the 18 million fee is only there because he's an English striker, he's certainly not worth that amount in my opinion.

LOL WHAT

I don't check transfer news for five hours and THIS happens?!

For 18 million pound id gift wrap him and throw the Mrs in too. Ridiculous money for nothing more than a half decent striker.

Alright. I've calmed down enough to think of this properly.

Good news first: He is EXACTLY the type of player we need. Instinctive, clinical finisher. Quick, too, adding to our already pacey attack, and deceptively good in the air. He's the complete package, a proven Premier League performer, English, young and most importantly a potential twenty goals a season striker.

Bad news: 20+ mil for him? I thought Houllier was meant to be good at foreign deals, bringing them in on the cheap for quality? Also, it's not like we need more English players to meet the rules. Twenty mil for a striker who could potentially be a flop is risky, risky stuff.

Could be a very good bit of business by Villa if Bent is on form and could help then move up the table on his own. I have to say though, Bent should stay at Sunderland as they are performing really well atm whereas Villa aren't.

Those who still think its a bad move Check these stats:

In the last 5 years in the prem:
Drogba 82 Goals
Rooney 82 Goals
Bent 81 Goals

he has got the 3rd most premier league goals in the last 5 years.. i mean ronaldo and torres are in that list and are both beaten ( Even though ronaldo only had 3 years ).. proven goalscorer at this level so no wonder villa want him and why sunderland want such a big price

Drogba 82 Goals
Rooney 82 Goals
Bent 81 Goals

he has got the 3rd most premier league goals in the last 5 years.. i mean ronaldo and torres are in that list and are both beaten ( Even though ronaldo only had 3 years ).. proven goalscorer at this level so no wonder villa want him and why sunderland want such a big price

15 of those are pens.
That should be Tevez who's only got 3 pens and Drogba only 2 pens.. From Twitter OptaJoe.

15 of those are pens.
That should be Tevez who's only got 3 pens and Drogba only 2 pens.. From Twitter OptaJoe.

but none the less 2 off becoming the best scoring player in the last 5 years?

18million if he hits it off will be a quality deal

i think it's a stupid move because Sunderland are 6th and Villa are 18th

but sunderland do seem to be the more ambitious of the two clubs.

Jean makoun and maybe signing darren bent for 18million a club record shows abit o ambition no?

plus they constantly been top 8 last 4 years.. yes that was under o'neill but still the same crop of players

Drogba 82 Goals
Rooney 82 Goals
Bent 81 Goals

Drogba and rooney bring so much more to their sides than goals, bent is just a goals scorer, very good one, but that is all. Anyway you cut it, 18 million is a lot, probably too much

In current times, £18m for a proven Premiership goalscorer isn't too outrageous. Especially when he's English.