have you done DonLeNoble tweak?

Nope, i switch to counter as per BelgiumYouths idea and the manmarking mostly. (& setpieces)

couple of tweaks in midfield for my squad players, but i rarely need that at the min, now i used less energy

Last edited:
You can see the avg position with/without the ball, it makes a decent difference as well...

You get the AMCs drifting from in to out a bit more in the transition..

Still get some decent chances/possesion as well (HALIFAX are in 3rd).

Yes I've tried the man marking trick it makes the defence a little more solid, noticing less successful counter attack from the opposition. I used this with counter mentality against top teams in away match and managed to steal narrow wins which I have lost or draw last season and playing with less energy is a bonus :D

Looking at Mr L's testing league I think the 4-3-2-1 (xmas) at home and the 3-4-1-2 away could be the dreamteam...

Last edited:
View attachment 1104036View attachment 1104037View attachment 1104038View attachment 1104039View attachment 1104040View attachment 1104041View attachment 1104044View attachment 1104045

Wow another amazing 442 tactic thank you. I wont the treble in my first season gaining entry to Europe. Then won the Sky bet championship and now sitting on top of the Premier league. I would say I'm pretty good at FM but not the tactical side. I only ever play 442 since champ manager so once again thank you.
This is a truly impressive tactic. In my main save I've just been hired by a very demoralized Stoke City, sitting 19th by December. After 5 consecutive wins I'm alreay thinking about europe, maybe a CL place, with some good transfers in January. Will post some pics later.

Always the 4-2-3-1 with Counter Attack mentality and Fluid. Looks very good in big games. Tottenham made 11 shots, 10 of them were long shot, 0 CCC's.

View attachment 1103968

I am not sure what you play now. before you said home control away counter.

so how do you play now?

and do you still change SS to AP role?

better yet can you share tactic you use? and do you use some OI's? and what about season training?

View attachment 1104036View attachment 1104037View attachment 1104038View attachment 1104039View attachment 1104040View attachment 1104041View attachment 1104044View attachment 1104045

Wow another amazing 442 tactic thank you. I wont the treble in my first season gaining entry to Europe. Then won the Sky bet championship and now sitting on top of the Premier league. I would say I'm pretty good at FM but not the tactical side. I only ever play 442 since champ manager so once again thank you.

Is this the 442 on the first page?

is the 442 still working please ?? just seen it it the best placed 442 in MrL tactic test ??

I think we need to look at this tactic a bit more (date442!)

I used an earlier save of Hartlepool where I later finished 8th in the season using 523 westbrom. Taking in to account I have already played around 10 games (across division and cups), i plugged in and won the league with 4 games to spare. I made no transfers to adapt to the new formation and carried over what I had from the previous tactic.

Question is how well I will do in the Championship!

View attachment 103938