So I thought I'd give the new Stephenhk tactic a try. I don't like a flat back five so moved the cover CB to a BWM to make a 4-3-2-1 formation as that's what I'd been using in this save previously. I'm Atalanta and the results have been impressive to say the least

View attachment 102234
I started using the Home and Away tactics for the Juventus game, only now are they almost fully fluid.

View attachment 102228View attachment 102224View attachment 102222View attachment 102219
These are the more notable results using the Away tactic, I use it at home against the bigger teams too.

View attachment 102218
The Home tactic I use against teams similar to mine or away against poorer teams.

View attachment 102217View attachment 102216
Aside from the Juve game these are the only two games I haven't won. As you can see neither tactic is unbeatable but it takes getting massively FM'd to drop points.

View attachment 102215View attachment 102214
I don't have a brilliant side (apart from Kessie) so they're good underdog tactics. The Home tactic would work brilliantly for bigger teams I would say though I haven't tested them with a bigger club yet.

View attachment 102213
They've taken me to the top of the league without being fully fluid so I'm hopeful they're a good edit of an already great tactic. They score plenty of goals and the defence is pretty rock solid, most of the goals I've conceded were before using these tactics. If anyone wants to test them with bigger or smaller clubs that would be great.

So I thought I'd give the new Stephenhk tactic a try. I don't like a flat back five so moved the cover CB to a BWM to make a 4-3-2-1 formation as that's what I'd been using in this save previously. I'm Atalanta and the results have been impressive to say the least

View attachment 1106878
I started using the Home and Away tactics for the Juventus game, only now are they almost fully fluid.

View attachment 1106884View attachment 1106888View attachment 1106890View attachment 1106893
These are the more notable results using the Away tactic, I use it at home against the bigger teams too.

View attachment 1106894
The Home tactic I use against teams similar to mine or away against poorer teams.

View attachment 1106895View attachment 1106896
Aside from the Juve game these are the only two games I haven't won. As you can see neither tactic is unbeatable but it takes getting massively FM'd to drop points.

View attachment 1106897View attachment 1106898
I don't have a brilliant side (apart from Kessie) so they're good underdog tactics. The Home tactic would work brilliantly for bigger teams I would say though I haven't tested them with a bigger club yet.

View attachment 1106899
They've taken me to the top of the league without being fully fluid so I'm hopeful they're a good edit of an already great tactic. They score plenty of goals and the defence is pretty rock solid, most of the goals I've conceded were before using these tactics. If anyone wants to test them with bigger or smaller clubs that would be great.

youtweak?

View attachment 1106878

View attachment 1106884View attachment 1106888View attachment 1106890View attachment 1106893

View attachment 1106894

View attachment 1106895View attachment 1106896

View attachment 1106897View attachment 1106898

View attachment 1106899

You using the OI's suggested?

Well haven't had much time to play in the last few days, due to professional issues :p. I have finally finished my season with Stoke using 442 from the OP. I was hired by a troubled Stoke City in December, they were 19th, and things were not good. No great buys, as I did not have both transfer and wage budget. And what can I say more? I just pluged the tactic, the assistant took care of training and OI's, and... I will just let the screenshots speak for themselves:
View attachment 102024View attachment 102023View attachment 102022View attachment 102021View attachment 102020View attachment 102019

32 matches, 25 wins, 5 draws, 2 defeats (league cup final against City, FA cup final against United)
The 2 finals were very frustrating results, as I was the best team on both matches. But honestly could I ask for more? I was there, playing the finals!

4231 iwb v2, Can You screenshot team and player instructions? In iPad Don't upload .fmf
Thank you.

Well haven't had much time to play in the last few days, due to professional issues :p. I have finally finished my season with Stoke using 442 from the OP. I was hired by a troubled Stoke City in December, they were 19th, and things were not good. No great buys, as I did not have both transfer and wage budget. And what can I say more? I just pluged the tactic, the assistant took care of training and OI's, and... I will just let the screenshots speak for themselves:
View attachment 1107115View attachment 1107116View attachment 1107117View attachment 1107118View attachment 1107119View attachment 1107120

32 matches, 25 wins, 5 draws, 2 defeats (league cup final against City, FA cup final against United)
The 2 finals were very frustrating results, as I was the best team on both matches. But honestly could I ask for more? I was there, playing the finals!
mate works in the latest patch??

mate works in the latest patch??

Sorry absolutely no time to play properly. I'm using the few moments I have with FM2017 to test new tactics. I enjoy tactic testing as much as really playing... :)
But it seems good tactics with IWB are still all overachieving.

bQUOTE=dimartino;3078553]Sorry absolutely no time to play properly. I'm using the few moments I have with FM2017 to test new tactics. I enjoy tactic testing as much as really playing... :)
But it seems good tactics with IWB are still all overachieving.[/QUOTE]i was lookinf for a 442...u think this is the best?

bQUOTE=dimartino;3078553]Sorry absolutely no time to play properly. I'm using the few moments I have with FM2017 to test new tactics. I enjoy tactic testing as much as really playing... :)
But it seems good tactics with IWB are still all overachieving.
i was lookinf for a 442...u think this is the best?[/QUOTE]

Yes, Zyndar's bushido and Hannibal are also good, but this one is better.

i was lookinf for a 442...u think this is the best?

If you are into trying a 442, try this little tweak I made from the original date 442.
Contrary to what I've said about IWB, I changed FB roles to WB and it seems to perform even better.
Also changed the wingers role to winger.
Basicaly it makes the team play wider, and altough creating less opportunities (and less CCC, I hate them!) you are much more effective scoring.
Try it and let me know how it goes. This tactic is not about dominating the other team, it's about scoring and winning.
View attachment 100998

Last edited:
If you are into trying a 442, try this little tweak I made from the original date 442.
Contrary to what I've said about IWB, I changed FB roles to WB and it seems to perform even better.
Also changed the wingers role to winger.
Basicaly it makes the team play wider, and altough creating less opportunities (and less CCC, I hate them!) you are much more effective scoring.
Try it and let me know how it goes. This tactic is not about dominating the other team, it's about scoring and winning.
View attachment 1108259
How it works in 17.3.1?