Deadly Circle - A good old fashioned 4-4-2

• Thread starter Thread starter zyndar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 813
  • Views Views 400K
After won everything with Portugal, i leaved and sign for Olhanense. That's first half season:
View attachment 251367View attachment 251374

And there's my cracks. They're all regens, but i like to put them a real face...

View attachment 251372View attachment 251371View attachment 251370View attachment 251369View attachment 251368

Specially Taubaté is amazing. I made him international in my last matches in Portugal national team. And i like Elmo... cause "Elmo knows where you live..." (6)

Hey man ,great tactic. I am trying it with PSG ,and i have some questions. I am currently destroying everyone in the League , but when i play in CL away matches i got beaten up badly and not from top dogs(Barca , Real , Bayern , Chelsea etc.) , but from teams like Leverkusen and Benfica. I tried to play standard on away matches , but i got 3-0 score on half time against Benfica , changed to Attack mentality and got beaten 4-3 with a winning goal in 95min. I got beaten away at Leverkusen too(4-2).
So my question is - Do you change anything else on your tactic when playing away in CL , or you keep it like this ? And is changing to your v2 tactic for away games in CL a good option ?

Hey man ,great tactic. I am trying it with PSG ,and i have some questions. I am currently destroying everyone in the League , but when i play in CL away matches i got beaten up badly and not from top dogs(Barca , Real , Bayern , Chelsea etc.) , but from teams like Leverkusen and Benfica. I tried to play standard on away matches , but i got 3-0 score on half time against Benfica , changed to Attack mentality and got beaten 4-3 with a winning goal in 95min. I got beaten away at Leverkusen too(4-2).
So my question is - Do you change anything else on your tactic when playing away in CL , or you keep it like this ? And is changing to your v2 tactic for away games in CL a good option ?

I would suggest you to use v2 on those away games or remain with attack with v1.

but i am getting beaten up , with attacking and standard with 4-4-2... Also i am getting too exposed to long balls. I want to test this tactics without any tweaks. So i am thinking for next season i change CD/X to CD/C or to play against teams that i am favorite with drop deeper and tick off offside trap... This worked for me on FM14. I want to complete the season without tweaks to give you a fair feedback to your tactic with PSG. I will post SS from my season when i finish it. So i will try for now drop deeper against teams i am favorite to win.

If you see you are being raped by long balls, drop deeper and untick offside trap. I also change Very Fluid to Fluid and attacking to standard/counter even defensive if the situation needs it.

BTW: View attachment 251287 go Hoffenheim :P

Last edited:
If you see you are being raped by long balls, drop deeper and untick offside trap. I also change Very Fluid to Fluid and attacking to standard/counter even defensive if the situation needs it.
When down 2-0 i can only change to drop deeper :) If i go to standard/counter/defensive i will keep the negative result :)

So is it just me or everyone have this problem. I score a lot , but i cant get a clean sheet ... Every single game i get a goal+.. ??

View attachment 251282View attachment 251281
Ok i will share how its going for now. This is my first 11 and my results till now. I have to say that Veratti , Marquinhos and Moura are really underperforming especially marquinhos!!!Every time i put him in play ,the opposition scores a goal :) And you see the bad results away in CL.

So is it just me or everyone have this problem. I score a lot , but i cant get a clean sheet ... Every single game i get a goal+.. ??

Yes! I get this problem a lot! Currently on a 4 game clean streak though. I've Had this problem with other tactics as well. I'm starting to think the game just cheats. No idea how I'll ever get the 20 games in a row clean sheet achievement :/

So this is mainly an attacking tactic, which also means that you will concede goals too. This is the reason why I've created the v2, which is defensively more stable in my opinion. If you want to stick to the v1, I would suggest to drop deeper and untick the offside trap, but remain on attacking. Please note this was not tested. Generally I can say that you have the buttons, use them and experiment! :)

So this is mainly an attacking tactic, which also means that you will concede goals too. This is the reason why I've created the v2, which is defensively more stable in my opinion. If you want to stick to the v1, I would suggest to drop deeper and untick the offside trap, but remain on attacking. Please note this was not tested. Generally I can say that you have the buttons, use them and experiment! :)
Do u think changing CD/X to CD/C or CD/D will affect the tactic much ? Because drop deeper is not doing mutch ,as my CD are way up the field to drop deeper take any affect on the pitch... :)

so has anyone actually tested v1 compared to v2? also with training, im training def postioning all games, but what should genereal training be? balanced? defending?

Do u think changing CD/X to CD/C or CD/D will affect the tactic much ? Because drop deeper is not doing mutch ,as my CD are way up the field to drop deeper take any affect on the pitch... :)

The whole sinergy of this tactic was tested as the original one. Once you change the D-Line, the player duties might be changed also. I have not tested it and to be honest I don't have the time nowadays.

so has anyone actually tested v1 compared to v2? also with training, im training def postioning all games, but what should genereal training be? balanced? defending?

For me, general training is always balanced, only in pre season I am using fittness, and match training is defensive positioning once the tactic is fluid.
No testing was done versus v1 and v2. It would make sense to do it also with tweaks included. For example all tactic in 1 league and see how it is performing. This is time consuming and sadly I don't have it :)

CL semi-final 1 leg , now i can use my reserves for the return !
558c258bd4935-Roma_v_Milan__Match_Post_Match.png

absolute brilliant tactic!!! Using this with P$G and we are unbeaten. Just beat chelsea at stamford bridge 8-0. Keep up the good work. Using the 4-4-2.

absolute brilliant tactic!!! Using this with P$G and we are unbeaten. Just beat chelsea at stamford bridge 8-0. Keep up the good work. Using the 4-4-2.
Can you post SS of your game. Because i am too playing with PSG and i tear up the League , but i struggle in CL. I want to see you layout of the team ,and results away from home in CL ?:)

Back