Deadly Circle - A good old fashioned 4-4-2

• Thread starter Thread starter zyndar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 813
  • Views Views 400K
just won the league with derby 2nd season in the pl and the cl. holy shiet. did some insane dealings in the summer before the start of the season doe.

I have taken over AC Milan in the 4th season. The squad is full of overpaid and old players, what a surprise :) The first thing I did was that I put Fernando Torres on transfer list with his 250k euro/week wage. I am planning to use the v2, what do you think guys, what would be the best position for El Shaarawy? Since there not much money to spend, I am planning to use and retrain him for ML position.

Pretty much same happened to me, will post a screen shortly of my squad

Pretty much same happened to me, will post a screen shortly of my squad

I was wrong, there is plenty to spend! :)

1890883-20150626-yiTurr.jpg

yeah for a team full of overpaid oldies, you sure get a lot of cash for mediocrity. After an overhaul here's what im working with now...

View attachment 893169View attachment 893172

In my second full season as AC Milan and last season was a mix of V1 and CE's delivering art. It was a good season last time for the strikers but this season they are struggling somewhat.

Star wingers....
View attachment 893173View attachment 893175

Looks good mate! How is your finances at the moment?

The one issue I'm noticing with this tactic in my Man City save (first season, no transfers) is it's a fortress for home games. But maybe about 60% as effective on the road. For instance through 22 league games, my team is 11-0-0 at home with 44 goals for and 2 against. 8-0-3 on the road with 26 goals for, 20 against. Including some 5-1 type losses against Chelsea/Man Utd/Liverpool. And an away lose to Newcastle in the league cup (3-2), thankfully it's the semis and I still have the return to make it up.

Should I maybe switch to counter on the road? (I'm using V2)

The one issue I'm noticing with this tactic in my Man City save (first season, no transfers) is it's a fortress for home games. But maybe about 60% as effective on the road. For instance through 22 league games, my team is 11-0-0 at home with 44 goals for and 2 against. 8-0-3 on the road with 26 goals for, 20 against. Including some 5-1 type losses against Chelsea/Man Utd/Liverpool. And an away lose to Newcastle in the league cup (3-2), thankfully it's the semis and I still have the return to make it up.

Should I maybe switch to counter on the road? (I'm using V2)

Are you playing on standard? All matches should be started on standard.

Yes I'm starting on standard. I'm curious what your opinion is to my issue? Sometimes against big teams I get beat so bad on the road it's ridiculous. I'm a little scared to start those matches on standard since it gets out of hand so quick sometimes. And I'm afraid if I switch to attacking I'll just make it worse. It's such a brilliant tactic at home. Perhaps I need to build my squad more around it in the offseason and see how it performs on the road next season. Still need to find a bandaid for now though.

Yes I'm starting on standard. I'm curious what your opinion is to my issue? Sometimes against big teams I get beat so bad on the road it's ridiculous. I'm a little scared to start those matches on standard since it gets out of hand so quick sometimes. And I'm afraid if I switch to attacking I'll just make it worse. It's such a brilliant tactic at home. Perhaps I need to build my squad more around it in the offseason and see how it performs on the road next season. Still need to find a bandaid for now though.

what about starting with control and maybe adding retain possesion?

Zyndar i have a question... I will most likely finish my season with PSG tonight and give you the full review of the tactic . But what do you do when you need a goal , no matter home or away? I am still using V1 with no tweaks. I tried going Overload and adding Be more expressive , but didint get anything good from it? So to what do you change when you need goal really badly??
And for the second season i will use V1 for home and V2 for away and give you the feedback .

Brimick87 i think that this is how ME works nowerdays . If u use attacking tactic like Zyndar's tactics you r bound to allow goals in. U need to test the tactic for 1 season without any tweaks and see where it lacks . Or more so where you crack at the defence . I have noticed that i am braking down at trough balls and long balls ....basicly a passes behing my defenders who are both Stopper by the default tactic. When you noticed the problem you can try tweak your defence in second season ,like drop deeper ot changing defenders to cover/defend duty...

Zyndar i have a question... I will most likely finish my season with PSG tonight and give you the full review of the tactic . But what do you do when you need a goal , no matter home or away? I am still using V1 with no tweaks. I tried going Overload and adding Be more expressive , but didint get anything good from it? So to what do you change when you need goal really badly??
And for the second season i will use V1 for home and V2 for away and give you the feedback .

Brimick87 i think that this is how ME works nowerdays . If u use attacking tactic like Zyndar's tactics you r bound to allow goals in. U need to test the tactic for 1 season without any tweaks and see where it lacks . Or more so where you crack at the defence . I have noticed that i am braking down at trough balls and long balls ....basicly a passes behing my defenders who are both Stopper by the default tactic. When you noticed the problem you can try tweak your defence in second season ,like drop deeper ot changing defenders to cover/defend duty...

Since you are already attacking I do not think that changing to overload will do much. Substitute players, give team talk or change roles for those crucial minutes. And you are right, when on attack you can easily concede too,that's why v2 was created. What is strange to me is when ppl experiencing issues with teams like City. They shouldn't be.

Guys, in your opinion. Which tactic is better Monstrous P&P or Deadly Circle? I was wondering if we can use this one on home and easy games and Monstruous on hard matches.

Guys, in your opinion. Which tactic is better Monstrous P&P or Deadly Circle? I was wondering if we can use this one on home and easy games and Monstruous on hard matches.

Deadly Circle is the best tactic ive used so far in fm15

I prefer deadly circle. It has more to watch but both are equally capable of getting the results you want.

A few little tweaks ive tried with mixed results...

The F9s have been changed to DLF-S. I found the F9 weren't stretching the back line and were more of a deep-lying poacher. this meant unless it was perfect for them then they wasted opportunities. I've scored more and made better opportunites with this change.

Increase the tempo when losing and in need of a goal. Slow tempo is great for controlling the game but when you need a goal it is a handbrake. Up it one or two pegs and you should get a goal, maybe two as the opponent looks to ride the game out on your own low tempo.

Since you are already attacking I do not think that changing to overload will do much. Substitute players, give team talk or change roles for those crucial minutes. And you are right, when on attack you can easily concede too,that's why v2 was created. What is strange to me is when ppl experiencing issues with teams like City. They shouldn't be.
If you thinking ahead for a new tactic , just tweak this one . Tweak it only in defense ,its brilliant in attack i mean...just look at that ->View attachment 250230 23 matches - 97 goals !!!!!! And one other thing ->View attachment 250229 Zlatan is in league of his own ...Cavani performing good too , to the extend that my two strikers are 1st and 2nd in Top Goalscorer !

After this ->View attachment 250224now i am at 102 goals in 24 matches - enough said. I will keep you posted ,as i need to see how this tactic perform in CL. So far home-GREAT , away - not so good. We will see :)

Back