Deadly Circle - A good old fashioned 4-4-2

• Thread starter Thread starter zyndar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 813
  • Views Views 400K
146a80a2359f05cf9f19a7fad5f206a5.png

We survived the group, but away we are conceding too many.

1881234-20150617-I0kIrC.jpg

1881235-20150617-nDSQSK.jpg

Last edited:
The 9-0 is just great but I have never seen before 35 key passes for a player on a single match :D
thanks mate, he is a great playe, but he 30 years old i dont know how much time he got. i need to find some new full back

thanks mate, he is a great playe, but he 30 years old i dont know how much time he got. i need to find some new full back

Check Javier Manquillo, Mattia De Sciglio, Mayke or Serge Aurier, they all should be very good.

I will be not playing FM until Sunday, but will check the forum. Good luck to all players who are using Deadly Circle.

Cheers 8-|

Gentlemen, I'm very excited with the tests I've been conducting with a tweaked version of this tactic in a FMC save, so with no OI's. As I said before I selected the Tight Mark option for every player, and as suggested by Tzahy I changed mentality to Counter. My usual test consists in 10 league matches, with weak Arouca in portuguese first division. I usually repeat this 10 matches 5 times, to eliminate randomness. But the results have been so insane in the first test, that I had to share it. I'm creating CCC's and scoring like crazy. It's the first time I got so many points in the test, and with a astonishing goal difference! Hope you don't mind I share it, Zyndar? Please do test it, and share your thoughts.
View attachment 883823View attachment 883826
LINK:
View attachment 883827

I've tried to play with counter mentality away and offensive mentality at home (because we are Man. U) but switched back to counter for all games as it is waaaaaaaay better like this. Scoring for fun : 10-0 vs. Genoa in the champion's league, 11-0 vs. Palace, 0-8 against PSV... most of our games end with 4, 5 or 6 goals in the EPL.

Thanks !!

Update: UNDERDOG TEST - SG Sonnenhof Großaspach // Season 2

Hey,

now it's time to share my second season results.

View attachment 254044 View attachment 254043

I'm absolutely delighted with the second title in the second season (frist season we won the championship in the 3. division). A little village is now playing Bundesliga. Two season, two promotions! Amazing!

Transfers in the two season: two free players. The third season will be hard.. I'm hoping to be able to hold the division.

I've tried to play with counter mentality away and offensive mentality at home (because we are Man. U) but switched back to counter for all games as it is waaaaaaaay better like this. Scoring for fun : 10-0 vs. Genoa in the champion's league, 11-0 vs. Palace, 0-8 against PSV... most of our games end with 4, 5 or 6 goals in the EPL.

Thanks !!

Are you using this tweak, or the original with counter?

Thanks !!
So you are using dimartino's tweak: tight marking to all and counter or simply counter?

Hey,

now it's time to share my second season results.

View attachment 885109 View attachment 885110

I'm absolutely delighted with the second title in the second season (frist season we won the championship in the 3. division). A little village is now playing Bundesliga. Two season, two promotions! Amazing!

Transfers in the two season: two free players. The third season will be hard.. I'm hoping to be able to hold the division.

I will post these results to the OP later, thanks for sharing!

View attachment 253927

Results are insane when changed to counter. Second season with Dundee Utd played 16 won 15 in the league, in all cup competitions and i am through the group stages!! Feels alot like cheating but i dont care :P

for gods sake, can anyone tell me some good settings for defensive corners and freekicks? I am conceding so many goals from corners, but especially these short throw ins in my own third, where the opposition makes a short throw in and then the other player just blindy crosses in my 6yard box and my defenders are always too far away from the opposition striker... it feels almost like a bug, since I am really conceding almost 1 goal each game from these situations. since throw in defendings is the same as corner defendings, i think we need to fix the corner defending set ups...

Back