Deep 4-4-2 Counter Tactic: Huge Underdog Success (Patch 14.1.4)

Very nice tactic, sean!!

I've been using a tweaked version of your Sacci 4-4-2 and it worked really well...

However, I was not really happy with the way my team played. Your new Deep 4-4-2 is exactly what I tried to develop myself but somehow couldn't get right |). So thanks a lot for this very nice tactic! I'm really happy about the football I see...

Here are my results (Dortmund, 3rd season) since I switched to the Deep 4-4-2:

View attachment 447089
Now I just need to get my own 4-2-4 working :D

Greetings...

P.S. If one of you guys is looking for some good MR / ML players for Sacci or Deep 4-4-2: Have a look at some of the Wingbacks in Game. Sandro, Danilo, Corchia... They can be easily retrained to ML / MR and fit the tactic perfectly (High work-rate / teamwork / crossing / stamina / pace...)

Superb tactic!!

Trying it as I look for the Brazil Hero achievement. 79% win ratio. Won two State trophies and Serie C. 6 points clear in Serie B so just a matter of time now. The Targetman is vital, get a big strong beast. Mine has 15 goals and 5 assists in 10 games.

View attachment 446869
View attachment 446868

I'm testing this tactic on FC Porto, and I need to say it's the best tactic for this patch until now. Congratulations for you work and new vision to get a new formation and wise intrutions to beat the match engine. ;)

Last edited:
Who do you remove if a DM/S gets a red card? They've been picking up yellows at a high rate...

I just move the other DM to the center. It usually works and the team keeps doing well.

This tactic really needs some more attention, I am really interested to see how your tactic works out in the tactic testing by mantorras. I just switched from jassar's MW 14.1.4 to your tactic and I love the different playstyle and the amount of goals the strikers are both scoring + alot of CCC's . In my opinion one of the best tactics out there, especially if you prefer to play with 2 strikers instead of 1 (or 0 when you play the best tactic at the moment )

Good job author!

Untill now I don't have any losses with FC Porto, and just 1 draw in domestic league. Against Manchester City, away game, I changed to Counter Attack, and won by 2-1. Soon the season ends I will post screenshots. Altought is not a possession filosofy, I've been beating opponents, with several results of 3-0 in league, and some 7/8/9 goals in cup games against lower teams. So, I think it's a very good tactic, not just for lower teams, but also for better squads. Defense is very good, and it's magic the way how the team plays with a Target Man and a Striker so I can't ask better. ;)

In January, against the 4th of the Division. Got a tall Striker who's done ok untill I change my tactic to this one. They don't even know the tactic yet and they produce this type of performance. Think I'm gonna keep this one :D:D

8 CCC. My target player scored 5. Won 7-0.Clean sheat. My target player rating: 10.

I feel like I'm cheating at the game...

guys, c'mon, give us some screenshots with this performance, it's always better to see than just read :).

nice, very nice m8! i have to try this tac sometime :).