I have replied to the PM I was sent regarding who I felt should be manager. Unsure of the way ncfc4lyf did it, but an option would be for everyone to PM me their chosen manager from Ruud Gullit, Mick McCarthy or Ian Holloway, but if anyone feels that there is another option, then PM me the name, and we can re-vote, a bit like a shortlist process.

I could then call a press conference and announce the new manager, when you, Ollie, answer the questions you would if you were just starting a new save in-game?

Sorry if this isn't the right way that each of you imagined, just a thought as to how we could do it?

Yeah mate thats right, you all just communicate however then let me know any of the decisions, and i'll sort out Press-Conferences and everything

This is a great idea mate, any more roles that I could take up XD

Thanks mate :) I'll have to give a thought, i'd say to be a director, but the issue is that i want the chairman to keep his power, so with an even number in the event of a tie he has the deciding vote.

All i can say is to stay tuned and if the DOF performs poorly then their may be an opportunity for you to get involved

Picture-13.png

Consortium Complete Rams Deal
dcfc-large.jpg

A consortium headed by local businessman Jack Davis has completed its takeover of Derby County. In a message on Derbys website last night Davis stated that he was 'delighted' to be at the club. 'I'm looking forward to taking this club forward as strongly and as best I can.' 'I'd like to ensure all fans that we're going to give it our all, and ask for their patience.' 'Success wont be delivered over night but with the right plans in place we'll come good.'

With this news bookmakers saw some huge shifts in odds last night. Ruud Guillt has been instilled as the new favourite for the vacant managers position, however Ian Holloway and Gary Neville remain outsiders.

The manager has been confirmed... you do know that don't you...

Daily-Mirror-logo.jpg

Derby Agree Compensation With Blackpool For Holloway
Ian-Holloway-006.jpg

Derby have agreed a compensation package believed to be worth around £1.2m to take maveric Blackpool boss Ian Holloway. Holloway who has had great success on tight budget at the seaside, but it is believed he feels he had taken the club 'as far as he can.' Derby who had a takeover completed early last week, have been on the hunt for a manager since son of legendary manager Brian Clough walked out on the rams. The club had been linked to many managers with Ruud Guillt being the bookies favourite, but the new board have opted for Holloway who they believe will bring the correct style of play to get Derby fans of their seats.

Last edited:
PM me if you want me to do anything ie, transfers, budgets...

daily-star.png

Confirmed! Derby County's First Signing!
pride_park.jpg

Davis: This Signing Will Help Bring A Continental Feel

Derby have today confirmed their first signing since they confirmed Ian Holloway as their new manager on Thursday. French tea boy 'extroadinaire' Jean-Luc, is said to bring the continental feel to the club that they're searching for. 'it's not your traditional tea.' Chairman Davis was quoted as saying, 'it's more continental, and this tea making style could be invaluble to the club moving forward.'

Ian Holloway Press Conference

_49607110_holloway.jpg

BBC Sport: ‘Ian welcomes to Derby, how pleased are you to be here?’

‘I’m absolutely delighted to be here. Derby is a big football town, and a big football club. With myself and this new board here we’re hoping we can achieve something special.’

‘To that end, was it a difficult decision to leave Blackpool where you had achieved so much to come to a side many regard as inferior?’

‘No of course it wasn’t easy. We achieved so much in our time there, and I’ll always be proud of that. But I knew that we needed to go straight back-up last season if Blackpool was still to compete. We lost out in that play-off final and from then on I let everyone concerned at Blackpool, that if anyone came in wanting to speak to me I wanted the chance to speak to them.’

‘And were Derby the only team that came in to speak to you Ian?’

‘They were yeah, and i was really impressed by this new board that is here. They spoke fondly of me and where they wanted this club to go. It’s exciting for everyone involved, but then that’s what everyone says at the start of a new job int it.’

Sky Sports: ‘Ian is it going to be difficult replacing a Clough here at Derby isn’t it?’

‘haha, I guess you could say that, but you know we’re in a different era and all respect to Nigel he’s not his dad, no one is. I’m under no illusions he and his family mean a lot here, and I’m sure if you took a Clough vs Holloway poll there would only be one winner! Which is a shame because i wouldn’t enjoy winning that contest!’

‘Despite that repaul with the fans, the playing tactics were often criticised, that will surely be a lot different under you?’

‘Yeh there was critiscism about that last guys here, i get that, but i’ll just lay my philosophy down as soon as possible. I want us to entertain people, attack, attack and attack some more. Play in the right manner and get the people here cheering again.’

‘Lastly Ian, in order to reproduce that style of play again will you be looking to bring in people who were successful under you there, such as Stephen Dobbie and Thomas Ince?’

‘Well you know they’re two terrific players you’ve mentioned there, but it wouldn’t be fair for me to comment on them now. Recruitment of players is not my main area we have a brilliant Director Of Football here, he’ll get the players i’ll use them. Thanks Lads.’

So i just thought i'd show people the Derby squad. It's from the 15th June 2012.

This is also a cool thing from the update, the new 'The Ranger Football Club.'

No staff, and a significant reputation hit has mean nearly all the players are looking for moves, im sure the DOF will be looking into some of these players as targets ;)

Do you want a shortlist (and how many?) of signings I want you to make, and players to sell as well?

So onto the tactics .... Before i start a big thank you to Tangerine Dreaming - The Blackpool FC Tactics Site I know they dont know im doing this. But ive sat and read all morning this site about Blackpool's tactics under Holloway and it's brilliant!
So i've tried to match up what they've said to FM so here are the tactics i'll use!

The main tactic. very very attack minded, it's from after the turn of the year when Dobbie joined Blackpool. Two very wide forward men (at blackpool it was Ince and Phillips) With a man inbetween the lines (Dobbie) may ship goals, but its the style of play!

A more controlling tactic, uses three in midfield, with the widemen more withdrawn, and a player who plays on the shoulder instead of linking up the play (Kevin Phillps > Gary Taylor Flecther) I will be using this one mainly away from home.

This last one is very interesting and i've read a lot about it on the site as it was never really reported by our media.
a 4-1-2-1-2

Again very attacking. uses a shield player (Barry Ferguson & Sergio Busquets) instead of 3 out and out forward men, two advanced wingers are used to pin back the oppositions full backs. a 'false 9' is dropped back into midfield where with the accompanying two CM's flood the two centre halfs, simple maths of three on two, is the dream scenario for this, and can again be very effective away from home​