Btw, any idea whats (generally) faster: train them to a totally new position or to "both foots"? (Given their weak foot is 10)

In FM16 the way how training a new position thing works is at extremely poor state compare to any previous FM versions and I hope it’ll be changed for FM17.

Right now I simple don’t buy players that don’t have at least “Accomplished” rating for the position that I’m going to use them because very often in FM16 it’s impossible to improve the new position rating to “Accomplished” due the poor game mechanic that came with FM16.

So I recommend that you don’t bother with a new position training and buy players for ML/MR positions that already have at least “Accomplished” rating for it.

For example, all my WMs by default have “Accomplished” rating for ML or MR positions depends where I’m going to play them.

Btw, I use “Inside Forward” as individual training focus for my WMs because they already have “Accomplished” rating for ML or MR positions and they don’t need to improve it and “Inside Forward” individual training focus is better than “Wide Playmaker”.

Yes, I train almost all my players to play other positions than I use them and I do that only to have some backup in case of injuries but I happy that they have only “Competent” rating for these positions.

For example, I have a left footed MCL and I train him to play DL position because MCL position and DL position requires almost similar attributes so he has “Natural” for MCL and “Competent” for DL position and if there’s a very unlucky injury streak for DL position then I can use him as DL.

Last edited:
Yep, I have noticed that the new position training is not like earlier games. Such a shame. Well, thank you for a very insightful comment, TFF!

tff, mate i have 2 good strikers kane and beradi., but sunfire only have 1 striker. who would u use? both of them knows their ppm that you post on the op

Yep, I have noticed that the new position training is not like earlier games. Such a shame. Well, thank you for a very insightful comment, TFF!

Please notice that the guys from SI are aware about the issue with "a new position training" and they'll try to improve it in the latest patch so this issue might be fixed soon.

Last edited:
tff, mate i have 2 good strikers kane and beradi., but sunfire only have 1 striker. who would u use? both of them knows their ppm that you post on the op

I would choose Kane because he's got better some important mental attributes and Strength attribute, of course, I don't know how Berardi’s improved in your save and I’m judging by their default attributes.

Vortex was the only good tactic, Titan and Sunfire was the worst, cant even score still conceding like 3 goals

In FM16 the way how training a new position thing works is at extremely poor state compare to any previous FM versions and I hope it’ll be changed for FM17.

Right now I simple don’t buy players that don’t have at least “Accomplished” rating for the position that I’m going to use them because very often in FM16 it’s impossible to improve the new position rating to “Accomplished” due the poor game mechanic that came with FM16.

So I recommend that you don’t bother with a new position training and buy players for ML/MR positions that already have at least “Accomplished” rating for it.

For example, all my WMs by default have “Accomplished” rating for ML or MR positions depends where I’m going to play them.

Btw, I use “Inside Forward” as individual training focus for my WMs because they already have “Accomplished” rating for ML or MR positions and they don’t need to improve it and “Inside Forward” individual training focus is better than “Wide Playmaker”.

Yes, I train almost all my players to play other positions than I use them and I do that only to have some backup in case of injuries but I happy that they have only “Competent” rating for these positions.

For example, I have a left footed MCL and I train him to play DL position because MCL position and DL position requires almost similar attributes so he has “Natural” for MCL and “Competent” for DL position and if there’s a very unlucky injury streak for DL position then I can use him as DL.

Yeahh... I also noticed that there's something fishy about it in FM16... and I hope it'll be fixed.

congratulations sunfire is the business first time I havent had to change 1 thing on it not saying I wont lol but man its amazing plugged in and played you will see in the screenie all 4 games have been away and as it was early january Ive used weakened and mix a match squads first game against liverpool away scored within 24 seconds and was 3 up after 8 minutes I took the foot off the gas then by making subs and calming squad but man what a tactic anyone with a real good or almost complete squad should use it top marks ttf
View attachment 179425View attachment 179424View attachment 179423View attachment 179422

Hey TFF do you think they'll buff the attacking/overload mentality in the next update? Seems as though all the tactics use counter/control atm.

Sunfire and Titan just does not work for me.. Conceding goals like crazy at least 2-3 per game, even agasinst **** teams especially away from home. Having hard time scoring goals also, cant score more than 1. Away I score 0.

Maybe I just don't have the right players, but I feel like Vortex and Eclipse was so much better, that was just plug and play, great results with those tactics.

maybe because you tweaked titan's FBs some versions before we could set the gk delivery to both the full backs? and not to the one of them ?

Firstly sorry my bad english. I made some test to finding stable tactic for me. I took Swansea media predicted 10th.

TFF SUPERNOVA (Balanced) V3
View attachment 179416View attachment 179415View attachment 179414

TFF SUNFIRE V1
View attachment 179413View attachment 179412View attachment 179411

TFF STORM V1
View attachment 179410View attachment 179409View attachment 179408

TFF STORM V2
View attachment 179407View attachment 179406View attachment 179405

I thought I can use at home SUNFIRE V1, at away STORM V2. And result:

View attachment 179404

Don't know if anyone else is experiencing this at all, but since moving from Titan to Sunfire v1 I seem to be getting an awful lot more cards in games :(

First two games using Sunfire v1:

1st game: 4 yellow cards & 1 red
2nd game: 4 yellow cards & 1 red

With Titan I was maybe getting a couple of yellow cards a game or so, certainly hadn't received any red cards in the previous 16 games or so.

Last edited:
congratulations sunfire is the business first time I havent had to change 1 thing on it not saying I wont lol but man its amazing plugged in and played you will see in the screenie all 4 games have been away and as it was early january Ive used weakened and mix a match squads first game against liverpool away scored within 24 seconds and was 3 up after 8 minutes I took the foot off the gas then by making subs and calming squad but man what a tactic anyone with a real good or almost complete squad should use it top marks ttf
View attachment 1021361View attachment 1021362View attachment 1021363View attachment 1021364

Hey mate, where do you play ozil in the sunfire tactic? Can I please see your lineup?

Back