You need to check the stats of your defenders, i think you are with Benfica... you need to buy some players but you can win the champions. You need some luck, but i think is normal win the champions after 3-4 seasons. I won the champions one the first and second season with Porto, i got lucky but i was smashing teams at Home.
Also i had always more created opportunities than my opponents. I did that with Vortex, i'm using Sunfire but i'm playing with U. Madeira (4th and 5th place in 2 seasons, and in second season i won the portuguese cup), so i think you can win the champions with that tactic without much problems.
Don't forget FM is a RNG game so you can always lose and get really unlucky. Also you don't need a team of 170 CA, with that you will be smashing AI everytime. 150 CA players can be enough, is all about the stats in the right place. Just check the fillters and see where your team sucks.

Mate, if you used the filters and found some players and bought them then it doesn't mean that now you have a team that is easily able to win Champions League. ;)

The filters just show you such players that have their CA’s spent in the efficient way for the tactic and that’s all, there mighty very different quality players between the players that the filters show.

For example, if we use the DLF filter with some club as Real Madrid that has a very good scouting knowledge and a reputation that allows get any player then we’ll get this list of players:

As you can see there are many different quality players, for example, it shows Robert Lewandowski and Gustavo Bou same time but it doesn’t mean if you buy Gustavo Bou then the tactic will show the same performance as if you bought Robert Lewandowski.

Robert Lewandowski is 178 CA player and Gustavo Bou is only 136 CA player. Here’s their CA:

And if we compare them then we’ll see that Robert Lewandowski has many attributers 1-3 points higher than Gustavo Bou:

As you can see Robert Lewandowski is faster Gustavo Bou and that allows him to beat more often opposition’s defenders than Gustavo Bou and because of it have more scoring chances.

As you can see Robert Lewandowski is stronger than Gustavo Bou and that allows him to win more often 50%/50% challenges vs opposition’s defenders than Gustavo Bou and because of it have more scoring chances.

As you can see Robert Lewandowski has better the “Off The Ball” attribute than Gustavo Bou and that allows him have more scoring chances.

Also, if you look the weak foot’s rating then you’ll see that Robert Lewandowski has “14” rating for the weak foot and Gustavo Bou has only “10” rating for the weak foot and this mean that Gustavo Bou misses much passes and shoots when uses his weak foot than Robert Lewandowski does and it makes Robert Lewandowski much better player.

I can continue this list but I’m sure you understand what I’m talking about. ;)

When you play in Champions League you compete with teams that have 170-180 CA players in their starting elevens and that gives them a huge advantage.

Heh, no need to underestimate the importance of the attributes in this game. You can make an experiment, just try to use any default tactic from the game with Barcelona and you’ll see that probably win the league and then try to use the same tactic with the weakest team in the league Getafe and you’ll see a big difference.

It only may look that just few points difference in attributes doesn’t matter but it’s a wrong thinking every additional point increase in some attributes increases your chances to win and this game isn’t only about the tactic but it’s also about getting the best players to your team to do good, especially, if you participate in some top level competition as Champions League and even with the best possible tactic you’ll be struggling in Champions League if you have a team that consist of 140 CA players, of course, it’s still possible to win CL with such team but you need to be lucky to do that. ;)

The filters just show you such players that have their CA’s spent in the efficient way for the tactic but you should try to get the best players from these players(players with the higher CA possible).

Yea I know TFF but thanks for the response. Its at least somewhere to start and I found some glaring holes in my first 11 just by knowing how to use your filter.

to sign or not to sign
0620f-9e909eec-78e3-4fcd-964b-0cd8582eb492.png

to sign or not to sign
0620f-9e909eec-78e3-4fcd-964b-0cd8582eb492.png

sign ofc !!! with these huge ML forward runs in this system his speed will destroy the opponents, fits greatly for this control/lower tempo system. neymar/hazard/ronaldo the best players for this!

Guys, I want to show you some stuff that might help to analyze your matches and understand how the game works.

I just lost to Fulham away with my Bristol City team, it's my 1st season in EPL after promotion from Sky Bet Championship.

If you look at the stats we'll see that my team has 20 fouls and Fulham has only 6 fouls :

image.png

If we check the referee's rating for that match we’ll see that he received a very low rating 3.9 and that means he just "killed" my team in that match by his wrong calls. (6)

image.png

Yup, such thing happens in this game and sometimes you have such season that all referees against your team and that greatly decreases your result for the season.

So as you can see there are very many random factors in this game. ;)

Sometimes you have just "a perfect" season when referees "help" you and sometimes just an awful season when referees "kill" your team and all that greatly affects your results for the season.

Last edited:
Guys, I want to show you some stuff that might help to analyze your matches and understand how the game works.

I just lost to Fulham away with my Bristol City team, it's my 1st season in EPL after promotion from Sky Bet Championship.

If you look at the stats we'll see that my team has 20 fouls and Fulham has only 6 fouls :

If we check the referee's rating for that match we’ll see that he received a very low rating 3.9 and that means he just "killed" my team in that match by his wrong calls. (6)

Yup, such thing happens in this game and sometimes you have such season that all referees against your team and that greatly decreases your result for the season.

Sometimes you have just "a perfect" season when referees "help" you and sometimes just an awful season when referees "kill" your team and all that greatly affects your results for the season.

wouw what a perfect perspective. you say that there were some chicanery as real life :)

wouw what a perfect perspective. you say that there were some chicanery as real life :)

Yup, I'm just showing that this game is more complex than anyone might think ;) and sometimes when you have a unlucky losing streak and start to blame your tactic for that but the problem might not be in your tactic at all and you were losing because the referees were making many mistakes against your team in the recent matches and giving your opponents a huge advantages.

The same as in real life when sometimes referees by their wrong calls determine matches result.

Last edited:
Yup, I'm just showing that this game is more complex than anyone might think ;) and sometimes when you have a unlucky losing streak and start to blame your tactic for that but the problem might not be in your tactic and you were losing because the referees were making many mistakes against your team in the recent matches.

The same as in real life when sometimes referees by their wrong calls determine matches result.

in taht case it is impossible unbeaten season. :)

Not really is all about the quality of your team, their reputation and your luck. I'm playing with the underdog of Portuguese League U. Madeira, most of the matches the refree report says he was anti- my team. Alot of the games i end up with alot of yellows. Your team reputation affects alot your luck with refrees

Why not? You just should have such team that is much stronger than any other team in your league.

I've had an unbeaten season with Barcelona, Man City, Chelsea and some other top clubs.

And if you play in some low reputation league then it's even possible to build such strong team that you can win all matches in the season even if everything against you.

Heh, don't forget that sometimes it's you who's having "a perfect" season when all referees "help" your team and "kill" your opponents. All that is random. ;)

Hey tff. My current squad harmony is at 0%. I'm pretty sure this is due to the fact I have about 100 players in on trial. Would you agree. There are no other issues. Morale is good. Team is blending well. No unhappy players. Must be the trialist causing the issue

Hey tff. My current squad harmony is at 0%. I'm pretty sure this is due to the fact I have about 100 players in on trial. Would you agree. There are no other issues. Morale is good. Team is blending well. No unhappy players. Must be the trialist causing the issue

Mate, to say honestly... on such low football level it might be whatever possible and even a bug... so it's really hard to say for sure...

Hi TFF, any suggestion of changes when needing a goal? There will be no attacking/overload version?

Hi TFF, any suggestion of changes when needing a goal? There will be no attacking/overload version?

Mate, if I found any other approach than Sunfire V1 that give you more chances to score and less chances to concede then I would share it long time ago. ;)

You just can't look at the tactic's ability to score and concede separately, it makes no sense, it's always ratio between your chances to score and concede and the better this ratio the better your tactic.

I find that Sunfire V1 has the best ratio to score/concede so you want to use it at any point when you need to score.

Guys, I've updated the filters.

There's some issue in FM16 about "a new position training", I find that very often it's impossible to improve the position's rating higher than players have by default so I tweaked the filters and from now it only shows players that already have "Accomplished" rating for positions.

Also, I've updated the recommendation about the individual training focus for ML/MR positions so from now you don't need to improve their rating for ML/MR position and you can use "Inside Forward" focus instead of "Wide Playmaker" and that will be efficient.

Last edited:
Mate, if I found any other approach than Sunfire V1 that give you more chances to score and less chances to concede then I would share it long time ago. ;)

You just can't look at the tactic's ability to score and concede separately, it makes no sense, it's always ratio between your chances to score and concede and the better this ratio the better your tactic.

I find that Sunfire V1 has the best ratio to score/concede so you want to use it at any point when you need to score.
Don't get me wrong, Sunfire is very very solid tactic to be used in any situation, home or away. But just as you would use a time waste tactic late in a game to protect a lead, sometimes I feel there is a need for a more urgent approach, particularly when losing late in a game, or in some games were you are supposed to win easily but isn't producing many chances... in those situations I wouldn't mind having a tactic that's weaker defensively, if it also has a greater chance to score. But I know how difficult it is to make an offensive tactic in this year's ME...

But just as you would use a time waste tactic late in a game to protect a lead

Waste Time tactic is a totally different story because you use it when you already have some lead in your pocket it's something material that you can touch ;) but you are asking for a tactic that you would use when you have nothing and only "hope" to score but when you are changing something in the tactic then you just can't only change your chances to score and leave your chances to concede at the same level.

Heh, if don't care about your chances to conceded and the only thing that you care about is to score then why you don't ask your GK to go forward at any attacking corners? ;)

Or why you just don't use 3 strikers and 5 attacking midfielders when you need to score?

3 strikers and 5 attacking midfielders looks very attacking if you'd ask me ;) why then don't use it?

Just think about it...

image.png

image.png

TFF, where can I find the referee's rating?

Thanks. :)

Waste Time tactic is a totally different story because you use it when you already have some lead in your pocket it's something material that you can touch ;) but you are asking for a tactic that you would use when you have nothing and only "hope" to score but when you are changing something in the tactic then you just can't only change your chances to score and leave your chances to concede at the same level.

Heh, if don't care about your chances to conceded and the only thing that you care about is to score then why you don't ask your GK to go forward at any attacking corners? ;)

Or why you just don't use 3 strikers and 5 attacking midfielders when you need to score?

3 strikers and 5 attacking midfielders looks very attacking if you'd ask me ;) why then don't use it?

Just think about it...
Well, no need to be ironic here. I'm never said I don't care about the chances to concede or about the tactic's balance.

All I'm saying is that there are situations where you would benefit from a more risky approach. If you are losing 0-1 late in a game, it makes sense to me to increase my chances to score, even at the risk of conceding another, after all I'm already losing anyway. That's not what teams do IRL?

It also makes sense to me to play more attacking against lesser opposition, since they rarely threaten your team anyway, and I like some big wins.

What I was asking was what you would change in your tactic in these situations. Or perhaps if you had a specific tactic for these situations. But never mind.

Back