I'm having difficulty getting the scout knowledge up. My world knowledge is at 30% only although most of the crucial countries are at 100%. How will this impact the players I'm scouting?

What page were the defensive tweaks on ? And are they working for anyone else

I'm having difficulty getting the scout knowledge up. My world knowledge is at 30% only although most of the crucial countries are at 100%. How will this impact the players I'm scouting?

What do you mean? If you have 100% scouting knowledge for some country then you see all players from that country if you don't have any scouting knowledge for that country than you don't see any player from that country... it's simple as that.

Btw, it doesn't have any impact at the rate your scouts inspect players.

What page were the defensive tweaks on ? And are they working for anyone else

Only teak I did on defense was set right/left back to close down more and both center backs to close down much more.

Defensive midfielder is now playing as support with close down more and fewer risky passes active. Everything else is the same as original tactic (note that you'll need to activate hold position because it gets unticked when you switch from defensive to suport role as it is set by default at the start).

I did these changes because I noticed most goals were happening from counter-attacks and direct passes on the back of the defense. This totaly covered that issue because made players to reduce the gap between lines. At same time, defensive midfielder is now an useful unit on the attack when team is pushing opponent hard into their box instead acting like a third center back as it was before (in my opinion).

I'm using this tactic with mixed results so far.

Just out of curiosity, why are we training players to different roles than they are playing? eg: training shadow strikers as traquartista and wide midfielders as wingers/inside forwards? Why not train them for the role they are playing?

I might be being silly here, but just wondering why this is?

Cheers

I'm using this tactic with mixed results so far.

Just out of curiosity, why are we training players to different roles than they are playing? eg: training shadow strikers as traquartista and wide midfielders as wingers/inside forwards? Why not train them for the role they are playing?

I might be being silly here, but just wondering why this is?

Cheers
tff as explaind a few times, just look on the previous pages. go to page number 3

Last edited:

Only teak I did on defense was set right/left back to close down more and both center backs to close down much more.

Defensive midfielder is now playing as support with close down more and fewer risky passes active. Everything else is the same as original tactic (note that you'll need to activate hold position because it gets unticked when you switch from defensive to suport role as it is set by default at the start).

I did these changes because I noticed most goals were happening from counter-attacks and direct passes on the back of the defense. This totaly covered that issue because made players to reduce the gap between lines. At same time, defensive midfielder is now an useful unit on the attack when team is pushing opponent hard into their box instead acting like a third center back as it was before (in my opinion).
do you recomend using the tweaks I do tend to get alot of balls over the top it's so frustrating

Have been using V6 since the start. Not the sickest results as you can see. Not shure why, allthough I followed every instruction on the first page. From the Juventus match I also tweaked the defence as descriped earlier by someone, not a big difference on my team.

Can mention that I have bought Gabriel Barbosa and Xherdan Shaquiri and a wonderkid DM from Bayern (Kimmich?).

View attachment 200205

Have tried many many different tactics from this forum, and this is by far the best. But not as sick as many others where on FM 15.

Last edited:
do you recomend using the tweaks I do tend to get alot of balls over the top it's so frustrating

That's exactly why I came out with those tweaks to prevent that issue. Lets say 75% of the goals I was conceding with original tactic were happening from movements like that.

Played 2nd season with mixed results.. for example lost 4-1 away against PSG and lost 7-3 away with Real Madrid (got record for most goals match in champions league). 3rd season lost 1-4 home against Tottenham (after winning 1-2 away) in a match where they scored all 4 shoots on target from incisive counter-attacks.

On the other hand, 4th season was the turning point when I decided to implement those changes. Only suffered more than 1 goal in 5 matches during entire season (one of those matches was the first of the season) and none of them suffered more than 2 goals. Ended up winning champion league against Real Madrid with 64% possession and allowed only 6 attempts (3 on target). ROCK SOLID (H)

That's exactly why I came out with those tweaks to prevent that issue. Lets say 75% of the goals I was conceding with original tactic were happening from movements like that.

Played 2nd season with mixed results.. for example lost 4-1 away against PSG and lost 7-3 away with Real Madrid (got record for most goals match in champions league). 3rd season lost 1-4 home against Tottenham (after winning 1-2 away) in a match where they scored all 4 shoots on target from incisive counter-attacks.

On the other hand, 4th season was the turning point when I decided to implement those changes. Only suffered more than 1 goal in 5 matches during entire season (one of those matches was the first of the season) and none of them suffered more than 2 goals. Ended up winning champion league against Real Madrid with 64% possession and allowed only 6 attempts (3 on target). ROCK SOLID (H)
what page are they on mate I'm willing to try anything at the mo

I started Argentina for fun when saw talking about national teams, and Aguero and Messi both have bad for AMC and good for ST "Comes deep to get ball" - so which one of them should be AMC and which striker? :D

I started Argentina for fun when saw talking about national teams, and Aguero and Messi both have bad for AMC and good for ST "Comes deep to get ball" - so which one of them should be AMC and which striker? :D

Heh :D They are so cool that I think they might have any PPMs that not good for some roles but still do incredibly good… so I think you shouldn’t bother with it. :)

Back