Heh :D They are so cool that I think they might have any PPMs that not good for some roles but still do incredibly good… so I think you shouldn’t bother with it. :)

I know of course and I was always going to use both of them - question was which should be where? There is also Tevez who has 4.5 stars as well and great for tactic stats but he got PPM as well :D

I know of course and I was always going to use both of them - question was which should be where? There is also Tevez who has 4.5 stars as well and great for tactic stats but he got PPM as well :D

Put Messi AMC and Aguero ST.

I would use Messi as DLF and Aguero as SS because Aguero has better "Work Rate" and I think he would be more use for the defense than Messi. :)

There are so many hypotheses.. Argentina has a super team. You can also use Aguero/Messi as forward with Di Maria/Aguero as shadow striker while using Messi/Gaitan/Lamella/Di Maria and Pastore/Lavezzi/Salvio as wide midfielders (right/left respectively).

I can't find where to change it?

When you select a player on your tactic screen it will pop-up another menu with player instructions. Under edit option you can select that instruction amongs a lot of other stuff.

What is the point of adding "Shoot less often" PI to ML, MR, AMCL and STCR in v6? Do we get less wild shots from distance? More 'passing the ball into the net'?

Also, has anyone else had success with the changes made by Edofff?
Edofff's changes:
Only teak I did on defense was set right/left back to close down more and both center backs to close down much more.Defensive midfielder is now playing as support with close down more and fewer risky passes active. Everything else is the same as original tactic (note that you'll need to activate hold position because it gets unticked when you switch from defensive to suport role as it is set by default at the start).I did these changes because I noticed most goals were happening from counter-attacks and direct passes on the back of the defense. This totaly covered that issue because made players to reduce the gap between lines. At same time, defensive midfielder is now an useful unit on the attack when team is pushing opponent hard into their box instead acting like a third center back as it was before (in my opinion).Just finished my 4th season and managed to concede only 12 goals home in 28 matches. At some point had a 11 games streak without conceding at home. I do not have a super stellar team so I honestely belive this tactic completely allows players to overperform.

What is the point of adding "Shoot less often" PI to ML, MR, AMCL and STCR in v6? Do we get less wild shots from distance? More 'passing the ball into the net'?

Sort of. From what I noticed players from those positions now try less shooting attempts from distance but also seems to me they try to explore more direct passes from one flank to other and some killer crosses for the inside box and/or 2nd post.

In my opinion, if you're looking for passing the ball into the net strategy, v2 is probably the tactic that fits best that kind of playstyle building the game with more short passes and awesome attacking combinations that result in a really amazing moments of football.

Also, has anyone else had success with the changes made by Edofff?
Edofff's changes:
Only teak I did on defense was set right/left back to close down more and both center backs to close down much more.Defensive midfielder is now playing as support with close down more and fewer risky passes active. Everything else is the same as original tactic (note that you'll need to activate hold position because it gets unticked when you switch from defensive to suport role as it is set by default at the start).I did these changes because I noticed most goals were happening from counter-attacks and direct passes on the back of the defense. This totaly covered that issue because made players to reduce the gap between lines. At same time, defensive midfielder is now an useful unit on the attack when team is pushing opponent hard into their box instead acting like a third center back as it was before (in my opinion).Just finished my 4th season and managed to concede only 12 goals home in 28 matches. At some point had a 11 games streak without conceding at home. I do not have a super stellar team so I honestely belive this tactic completely allows players to overperform.

4th season was the turning point for me (as I already said earlier in previous posts) when decided to apply those changes.
Finished season 1st place with 26 wins 1 loss and 7 draws (scored 88 and suffered 17). During champions league group stage went with 3 wins 1 loss and 2 draws (scored 12 and suffered 2 in a group with Inter Milan and Bayern Munchen). Managed to win the competiotion in the finals against Real Madrid (team who I lost during previous season 7-3 away match with original v4). Overall all competitions combined managed to concede only 10 goal in home matches (in a total of 28 home matches) and concede 20 goals in away/neutral stadiums (for a total of 30 goals in 60 games in entire season). Did not suffer more than 2 goals in any match and only suffered 2 goals in 6 matches which I ended up loosing half of them.

View attachment 200057

View attachment 200056

Last edited:
View attachment 998337 I highly recommend V6 with tweaks made by Edofff :)
Wow that's quite impressive.

I'm still using v4 as it felt kind of counter-intuitive to change ML PI to Less Risky Passes from v5. Though I'm curious to see how the change for ML, MR, AMCL, STCR in v6 to Shoot less often will work out.

it's great tactic, the only problem to me is MLs always widely shoot, and MRs sometimes disappear the whole match...

No such issues here. Do you have the preferred move "Cuts inside" for your L/R Midfielders?

I gave v6 a go with Edofff's changes and it's looking quite good. Most opposition runs into channels are more efficiently snuffed out and when I lose the ball most of the quick counter attacks are stopped dead in their tracks.

For your DM you also have to select "Hold Position" and "Dribble less", basically just change the DM's role to Support and copy all of the other instructions from the original tactic. That's it.

Back