Forgot to post this last night as i got caught up checking out my new club so got all this info from an old save last night. Finished my 8th season as Bristol Rovers manager and the season ended with me getting offered the job as Benfica manager, which i took.

Here's a few ss's of the highlights and stats of my season.

View attachment 194435View attachment 194434View attachment 194433

View attachment 194428View attachment 194427View attachment 194426View attachment 194425View attachment 194423

View attachment 194424

we don't use specific marking againts 4-4-1-1 and 4-4-2 right ?

Is there a reason why this would not work as well in Serie A. I had a save with Milan and it did fairly. I plugged it in with Newcastle and it's barely accomplished and we have just put in eleven goals in two games against Leicester and Southampton.

Which tac have u been using mostly? V10, or V11?

Forgot to post this last night as i got caught up checking out my new club so got all this info from an old save last night. Finished my 8th season as Bristol Rovers manager and the season ended with me getting offered the job as Benfica manager, which i took.

Here's a few ss's of the highlights and stats of my season.

View attachment 1004724View attachment 1004725View attachment 1004726

View attachment 1004731View attachment 1004732View attachment 1004733View attachment 1004734View attachment 1004736

View attachment 1004735

Seems that the ''waste time for V9 (e1) '' works very good and maybe is a standard tactic for very underdog teams ( i haven't tested the others yet).
Its very solid defensively ,it creates chances,it has good % possession and it also score goals and take results.

But i have a question ,
the combination of offside trap makes sense with the D-line , but why so high the D-line ? you close down sometimes ...

Seems that the ''waste time for V9 (e1) '' works very good and maybe is a standard tactic for very underdog teams ( i haven't tested the others yet).

I had been using v11 with Bristol Rovers in the prem if you saw some of my recent posts, altho as i stated on many occasions, i am holidaying/using instant result skin as it adds an extra challenge to the game imo

But i have a question ,
the combination of offside trap makes sense with the D-line , but why so high the D-line ? you close down sometimes ...

This is just personally, i tend to change the D-line depending against what type of team i play against. Long ballers, fast Wingers etc but generally a high d-line forces the opposition to get squashed into a small area with less room to play, just be careful of the counter attacks.

Played my first ever FM16 season with Devastator v10. Being almost a newbie to the PC game (played the tablet version previously), I figured I'd start my first career with a team I don't personally support, so I went for LVG:s Man United. Sold Blind to Bayern, bought Barkley from Everton and Kevin Volland (Hoffenheim) to play as the right winger. Replaced Giggs as assistant, got rid of Fellaini (Chelsea bought him for 30 million, yikes).

How did it all turn out then? First of all, Rooney was awful as the DLF, his best games were played as the SS, but he only scored 8 goals in all competitions. Ouch. Too realistic? Martial was injured for a good part of the season, so I was stuck with never-injured-Wayne. However, once back from injury, Martial was also pretty poor at scoring in that DLF role. So who did all the goalscoring? Kevin Volland, the left-footed right winger was my top scorer, +20 goals, 19 of them in the PL. Solid.

I ended up at 70 points in second place, Chelsea won the league with 72 points. But the tactic clearly worked and delivered, and perhaps if I'd be less clueless I could have dominated.

Other competitions, I used rotational squads in cups, didn't win my CL play off against Lazio, and got knocked out of the Europa league at the quarter final.

@Allan T
i was referring to the D-Line in the waste time version ,with the control mentality it takes sense but with the contain mentality i don't understand it, maybe TFF answer about his thought ?

@Dyniek89
You don't need to play with AP(A) because
1)the players try to find him
2)you have a player in AMC

it makes sense only in the version with the SS ,and personally if i change i would make him a CM(S)

how is this possible. with sassuolo this tactic for me didnt work at all. Now with Inter is just incredible. dont know what was doind wrong with sassoulo

2nd season Man Utd. V10 e.5 with manual marking. Won league and Champions League fairly easy with a very young squad.

View attachment 194125View attachment 194124View attachment 194123

More players can play more positions now and most of them can play 1-2s. Scoring more goals. Had a couple of annoying losses. 1-0 at home to Leicester and 4-2 against Man City in the FA semi final. Both games we completely outplayed them though.

Rotated a lot so not many goals from single players, but Depay showed what the MR/ML positions can do I guess. Really need a proper DLF striker though. Morata is refusing to learn to drop deep, as is Martial so I trained him to shadow striker instead.

Another very comfortable season. Thanks.

hi i want to try this tactic with my liverpool team but what version should i use? can you tell me if the stricker scores a lot?

Back