I do not care about those stars, but only because that position is tweaked. Those stars are for a traditional Wide Midfielder, with the default settings. The same goes for all the other positions. All of them are tweaked, the Central Midfielder does not need to be a natural Central Midfielder, the Advanced Midfielder does not need to be a natural Advanced Midfielder, etc. Just look at their instructions and find out what fits best...oh wait, TFF has done that for you in the OP :)

I ask because I am using this tactic with a lower league team, with success also I might add. So yes, using the filters and finding a Mata or a Messi is an option but not when you are FC United of Manchester. As you probably know with lower league teams and promotion, Im going through players like its going out of fashion and as is atm, rely on star ratings to gauge their usefulness.

I ask because I am using this tactic with a lower league team, with success also I might add. So yes, using the filters and finding a Mata or a Messi is an option but not when you are FC United of Manchester. As you probably know with lower league teams and promotion, Im going through players like its going out of fashion and as is atm, rely on star ratings to gauge their usefulness.
I get it, just lower the parameters :)

For eg., if TFF thinks you need a central defender with 14 Marking, just try to find one with a decent Marking attribute, like 8 or 9, depending the league where you are. Just try to avoid ridiculous ratings for the required attributes, like 3 or 4 in Technique for the Deep Lying Forward or 5 Passing for the Wide Midfielder. If you are in Vanarama, probably 7, 8 or 9 for those attributes are just fine :)

0bad96bfc1a514209733d832d35c75ad.png

I get it, just lower the parameters :)

For eg., if TFF thinks you need a central defender with 14 Marking, just try to find one with a decent Marking attribute, like 8 or 9, depending the league where you are. Just try to avoid ridiculous ratings for the required attributes, like 3 or 4 in Technique for the Deep Lying Forward or 5 Passing for the Wide Midfielder. If you are in Vanarama, probably 7, 8 or 9 for those attributes are just fine :)

I think maybe this is where I'm getting confused then mate. I lower the parameters on the search and come out with 1-2 star players. As a normal, casual player of the game, star ratings are the be all and end all when it comes down to how good a player is. Am I to assume that this is the wrong view to have then? Do I rely too heavily on star ratings? In what situation should I actually take them as gospel then? Sorry for the questions ☺

I think maybe this is where I'm getting confused then mate. I lower the parameters on the search and come out with 1-2 star players. As a normal, casual player of the game, star ratings are the be all and end all when it comes down to how good a player is. Am I to assume that this is the wrong view to have then? Do I rely too heavily on star ratings? In what situation should I actually take them as gospel then? Sorry for the questions ☺

Well, the stars are related with the current ability of the player. If the player meets your requirements for that position, just forget those stars, its better when you have an average player that does exactly what you want than a good player that does not.

Last edited:
great tactic tff, well done mate. my team is doing a very good job, i belive i can take the champion.. and maybe i can go to the group stage of the cl. i will have to buy some players for the next season to be able to play in the higher level

Do I rely too heavily on star ratings? In what situation should I actually take them as gospel then? Sorry for the questions

Britten, The "star" ratings is based on the default attributes of roles.

For example, the default attributes of "Ball Winning Midfielder" role look like this:

- Marking
- Tackling
- Aggression
- Bravery
- Determination
- Position
- Teamwork
- Work Rate
- Acceleration
- Stamina
- Strength

The higher these attributes player has the higher his "star" rating for "Ball Winning Midfielder" role.

Those attributes are based on the default behavior of the role and what it does during matches but it's possible to modify the behavior of any role by using PIs and TIs and such modification will make some of those attributes to be not important at all and make other attributes to be very important instead but the game isn’t designed to recognize any modifications that were made to the role and it keeps giving the "star" rating that is based on the default behavior and that makes the "start" rating is totally useles in some cases, especially, when you use generic roles with high customization.

P.S. The star rating is a just "cosmetic" thing and it's supposed to give you some understanding how good is a player for the default not modified role and it isn't used to calculate matches results or to determine player's performance during matches.

Last edited:
Britten, The "star" ratings is based on the default attributes of roles.

For example, the default attributes of "Ball Winning Midfielder" role look like this:

- Marking
- Tackling
- Aggression
- Bravery
- Determination
- Position
- Teamwork
- Work Rate
- Acceleration
- Stamina
- Strength

The higher these attributes player has the higher his "star" rating for "Ball Winning Midfielder" role.

Those attributes are based on the default behavior of the role and what it does during matches but it's possible to modify the behavior of any role by using PIs and TIs and such modification will make some of those attributes to be not important at all and make other attributes to be very important instead but the game isn’t designed to recognize any modifications that were made to the role and it keeps giving the "star" rating that is based on the default behavior and that makes the "start" rating is totally useles in some cases, especially, when you use generic roles with high customization.

P.S. The star rating is a just "cosmetic" thing and it's supposed to give you some understanding how good is a player for the default not modified role and it isn't used to calculate matches results or to determine player's performance during matches.

OK, I think I get it for the most part now mate. Thank you for your patience :). One other question whilst I'm here, if you don't mind. The filters and the ppm's that are on the OP currently are specific to earlier versions. Do they still apply? For example, you have filters and ppms specifically for the Shadow Striker used in earlier iterations of the tactic but you have since switched it to attacking midfielder. Do the shadow striker filters and ppms also apply for the new AM role? Thanks

The filters and the ppm's that are on the OP currently are specific to earlier versions. Do they still apply?

I always try to keep the OP updated so you can be sure that the OP is always up to date and if something was outdated then I would removed it so if you see anything there then it "applies" :)

For example, you have filters and ppms specifically for the Shadow Striker used in earlier iterations of the tactic but you have since switched it to attacking midfielder. Do the shadow striker filters and ppms also apply for the new AM role? Thanks

You should treat AM in V11 the same way as SS in V10... everything is the same: PPMs, training, attributes and so on...

V11 was designed for those people who use Instant Result or just too lazy to set the specific man marking. :)

I always try to keep the OP updated so you can be sure that the OP is always up to date and if something was outdated then I would removed it so if you see anything there then it "applies" :)

You should treat AM in V11 the same way as SS in V10... everything is the same: PPMs, training, attributes and so on...

V11 was designed for those people who use Instant Result or just too lazy to set the specific man marking. :)

Awesome, thank you very much for your help! BTW, I generally do love this tactic. And it's honestly the only one I've come across that actually works, with either a lower league team or top flight team. I've been promoted twice in 2 years with FC United of Manchester. It certainly does the business, even with lower league teams and users who get confused with star ratings and such lol. Good job man, keep up the amazing work!

Does it really make much difference if you train your wide midfielders as Winger/IF or just as Wide Midfielder?

I have been doing the latter to the younger players as it makes them work on things like Determination, teamwork, work rate (apparently) and theres a great money saving facility at SLB, more commonly known as "Awesome youth recruitment".

The more senior players however, ive generally been going for winger or IF.

I dont like my players being slackers or quitters who dont play for the team, but hey, thats just me.

Last edited:
anyone have any suggestions as to stop getting fmed by dodgy keepers like mongolet et al battereed loads of teams but loose 1 nil or 2 nil due to dodgy keepers and not scoring

Dear TFF,

Thanks for your tactics!

I am wondering though if you could post the difference in your tactic testing system between the V10.e5 and the V8.e1.
I think both tactics are great but i am getting better results with the V8.e1 tactic than the new one. My strikers scores way more goals, i am getting way more goals in general especially against mid team and bottom team opponents and home games.

I am really wondering if your old tactic isnt better then the tweaked v10.e5 tactics that comes forth out of the V8.

Hope you reply!

Any chance of a reply TTF?

we have the cup, not the importent one. but we gets a good money
3038db6643b8e42b7edfdb87be5e82d9.png

ttf ive a dilema who do you thing would work better I have a chance to sign goze for 37 million or james rodriguiz over 4 seasons for 70 which would you suggest and were would you play them

Back