Diego Milito "Rooney is over-rated"

If anything David James our best player today and Ashley Cole was possibly our best player in the World Cup although his performances still were knowere near his Chelsea standard. And people are going on about England having no creativity in the midfield well their is one option people....... Mikel Arteta.

Here's a second....No thanks.

We have Joe Cole, If they wish to play him :S

arteta is spanish, despite being technically eligible to play for england, he is still spanish.

How many of you really watch football before coming to conclusion. Kaka?? Having a **** larf.?? He had one good season thats it.

Torres? What has he done apart from his 30 goal season? Cant even score a ******* goal even when likes of xavi, Iniesta Villa creates truck loads of chances.

And biggest joke, Fabiano.. lol.. Yes England underperformed, so stay calm, take a day or two break and come back and read your posts.

Fabiano is a brilliant player. You watching brasil atm?
Torres: 72 goals in 116 games for liverpool compared to rooneys 131 goals in 282 games for united. Torres' scores once every 1.6 games. Rooney scores once every 2.1 games. Big difference,
May i also add. Rooney's only had 1 30+ goal season.

Kaka is a good player aswell.

Torres: 72 goals in 116 games for liverpool compared to rooneys 131 goals in 282 games for united. Torres' scores once every 1.6 games. Rooney scores once every 2.1 games. Big difference,

Stupid comparison between torres' record at liverpool and rooney's record with united. Rooney has been playing with united since he was a raw 18 year old still far from his prime so his record is never going to be as good. Torres has pretty much been in his prime for his whole liverpool career.

And just so you know, torres has only ever scored 30+ once.

P.s just checked. Fabiano has only ever scored 30+ once and he's 5 years older. Fail of a point.

How is Kaka ****.... Hes got the most assists in the world cup, and if you watch him, hes been excellent. Admittedly he's not had the best season for Real, but hes just moved to a strange country and is settling in. Still a top 5 in the world player, and Sadly Rooney is not.

Yeah, but I prefer my England players to be........Oh thats it....English

i agree i would prefer that but if portugal went with that mentality also germany then they would be shocking nations.

i agree i would prefer that but if portugal went with that mentality also germany then they would be shocking nations.
not germany with the exception of the two polish born germans, and cacau who is a naturalised player. they all have one german parent and are born in germany

not germany with the exception of the two polish born germans, and cacau who is a naturalised player. they all have one german parent and are born in germany

who are the 2 polish born players again lol and Piotr Trochowski is also Polish born and Marko Marin was born in Bosnia & Hertz

who are the 2 polish born players again lol and Piotr Trochowski is also Polish born and Marko Marin was born in Bosnia & Hertz
i know poldolski is one. but the point it we have players that can do what artea does if we give them the chance, with cacau he always wanted to be german, his nickname is "helmut" because despite being brazilian he is so typically german

---------- Post added at 02:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 AM ----------

anyway we are veering widely off topic now lol, would make more sense talking about this on the england germany thread

I think Ozil is a turk aswell.

---------- Post added at 02:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 AM ----------

Stupid comparison between torres' record at liverpool and rooney's record with united. Rooney has been playing with united since he was a raw 18 year old still far from his prime so his record is never going to be as good. Torres has pretty much been in his prime for his whole liverpool career.

And just so you know, torres has only ever scored 30+ once.

P.s just checked. Fabiano has only ever scored 30+ once and he's 5 years older. Fail of a point.

His point was to say that Rooney doesnt out do Torres, as the person he quoted said Torres has done nothing bar his 30 goal season.

---------- Post added at 02:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 AM ----------

His point was to say that Rooney doesnt out do Torres, as the person he quoted said Torres has done nothing bar his 30 goal season.
nope born in gelsenkickhen (sp)

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 02:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 AM ----------[/COLOR]

True. XD
My bad.(A)

He must be of Turkish decent, Mesut Ozil is a turkish name i think. Maybe a parent?
yeah he is of turkish descent. but he thinks of himself as german.

Oezil - born and raised in Germany
Kedira - born and raised in Germany, German mother
Boateng - born and raised in Germany, German mother
Podolski - born in Poland to German/Silesian parents, moved to Germany at age 2
Klose - born in Poland to German/Silesian parents, moved to Germany at age 6
Tasci - born and raised in Germany
Aogo - born and raised in Germany, German mother
Gomez - born and raised in Germany, German mother
Trochowski - born in Poland (Pomerania), moved to Germany at age 5
Marin - born in Bosnia, moved to Germany at age 2
Cacau - born and raised in Brazil, been playing in Germany since 1999

Last edited:

The same Wiki says Torres scored only 91 goals in 249 games for Atletico Madrid. Rooney played so many different positions whereas for Liverpool he was lone striker. Anyways whole world knows who is complete package and who are jerks,

and also check the record fot National team too..

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

Also Crouch scored 20 in 41, so that puts him say ahead of Torres.

torres is a supreme finisher, definitely a better finisher than rooney, rooney is the more all round player. imo torres is slightly better than rooney, but only just, however if roony can bulid on last season he has the potential to be better

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

there is no way on earth you can argue that crouch is a better player than torres

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

there is no way on earth you can argue that crouch is a better player than torres

yeah he is of turkish descent. but he thinks of himself as german.

Oezil - born and raised in Germany
Kedira - born and raised in Germany, German mother
Boateng - born and raised in Germany, German mother
Podolski - born in Poland to German/Silesian parents, moved to Germany at age 2
Klose - born in Poland to German/Silesian parents, moved to Germany at age 6
Tasci - born and raised in Germany
Aogo - born and raised in Germany, German mother
Gomez - born and raised in Germany, German mother
Trochowski - born in Poland (Pomerania), moved to Germany at age 5
Marin - born in Bosnia, moved to Germany at age 2
Cacau - born and raised in Brazil, been playing in Germany since 1999

Like reading the english cricket team sheet.

No matter what happened over the past 2 weeks, i still honestly think Wayne is in one of the "elite" players off world football. he has had 4 bad games. where he has been not fully fit and played in a system he doesnt like. Yes he has under achieved but so has every england player. So are we going to start slating them all now?

The rooney torres comparison is stupid btw. They are completely different players, with different stregths and weakness.:mad:

I'm not arguing Crouch is better, but if you look at only stats you will land up in mess.