Diego Milito "Rooney is over-rated"

Why is Milito even talking, though i agree with what hes saying, He doesnt even start for argentina :S

You all saw today that Rooney did nothing against Germany, during the entire World Cup also did nothing.. i agree he is a good player but far from world's best, highly doubt that he can reach them !

You all saw today that Rooney did nothing against Germany, during the entire World Cup also did nothing.. i agree he is a good player but far from world's best, highly doubt that he can reach them !

Ironically, Rooney actually played alright today. It's just that everyone else was terrible.

i probably would agree...Rooney is a top player but he is not the best striker in the world yet as the English press think so

Why is Milito even talking, though i agree with what hes saying, He doesnt even start for argentina :S

But he'd get in that Enlgand team in a shot.

Although i do see Rooney to be the superior player.

He has just proved in this WC that he is overrated. A good scorer, that lives up his legend, MUST impress at the club and at his national side. Its simple really.

He has just proved in this WC that he is overrated. A good scorer, that lives up his legend, MUST impress at the club and at his national side. Its simple really.

Then i dont know how you rate Lampard, and whole of England national team.

look i am a massive fan or rooney and only wish he was wearing chelsea blue but i have to agree with milito. all the great players re-create their great club form for thier country in the world cups and rooney didnt.

I completely agree with everything milito sed.

Rooney isnt in the top 5 in the world.

Players better than him (no order)
Messi
Xavi
Ronaldo
Iniesta
Kaka
Torres.
and maybe more.

Rooney is inconsistent and a top 15 player in the world but not in top 7

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

EDIT:

Forgot David Villa

Rooney is definatley not in the 'elite' with Kaka, Messi, Ronaldo imo. Torres Fabiano and Villa are all better too.

I completely agree with everything milito sed.

Rooney isnt in the top 5 in the world.

Players better than him (no order)
Messi
Xavi
Ronaldo
Iniesta
Kaka
Torres.
and maybe more.

Rooney is inconsistent and a top 15 player in the world but not in top 7

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

EDIT:

Forgot David Villa

also forgot Fabregas and Van Persie :)

How many of you really watch football before coming to conclusion. Kaka?? Having a **** larf.?? He had one good season thats it.

Torres? What has he done apart from his 30 goal season? Cant even score a ******* goal even when likes of xavi, Iniesta Villa creates truck loads of chances.

And biggest joke, Fabiano.. lol.. Yes England underperformed, so stay calm, take a day or two break and come back and read your posts.

Rooney is over rated. But that doesn't make him a bad player. He's had the nation on his shoulders which didn't really help his cause during the World Cup. He's not a world beater and tbh neither are England.

How many of you really watch football before coming to conclusion. Kaka?? Having a **** larf.?? He had one good season thats it.

Torres? What has he done apart from his 30 goal season? Cant even score a ******* goal even when likes of xavi, Iniesta Villa creates truck loads of chances.

And biggest joke, Fabiano.. lol.. Yes England underperformed, so stay calm, take a day or two break and come back and read your posts.

Rooney has only had one top class season.

Torres, if I'm not mistaken, has a better goal per game ratio than Rooney, at club and international level. According to Wikipedia, Torres has one goal per 2.28 games over his career, while Rooney has one goal per 2.44 games. (By the way, Wikipedia is usually right, to whoever disagrees - people aren't going to change goal records "for teh lulz", they'll only change something if its to insult the player whose page it is, usually).
Oh yeah, and Torres not doing well internationally - fair enough, for now... Well it would be if you weren't trying to defend Rooney, didn't you see his performances this WC? He's not exactly played like the talisman he's made out to be.

Fabiano: 1 goal every 1.9 games. 1 every 1.48 games internationally, 1 every 2.02 for Sevilla. He's no joke.

Well, based on this world cup.... Heskey > Rooney

Ironically, Rooney actually played alright today. It's just that everyone else was terrible.

rooney was the worst player on the pitch performance wise, and probably the worst of the world cup, even heskey appeared more useful.

If anything David James our best player today and Ashley Cole was possibly our best player in the World Cup although his performances still were knowere near his Chelsea standard. And people are going on about England having no creativity in the midfield well their is one option people....... Mikel Arteta.

Last edited:
If anything David James our best player today and Ashley Cole was possibly our best player in the World Cup although his performances still were knowere near his Chelsea standard. And people are going on about England having no creativity in the midfield well their is one option people....... Mikel Arteta.
no. we have good youngsters, lets use them think about long term, not short term

4 games haven't really changed my opinion of him.

He's a great player and one of the best in his position.

He's nowhere near as good as messi but nobody is really bar maybe ronaldo.