Dinamo Zagreb Money Making Youth Challenge

I know your a bit of an injury king from your previous stories but 10 months out! Ouch. You will be almost halfway through next season before he plays again!

Well we get one of the toughest groups ive ever seen on FM, with Real Madrid top seeds, Dortmund second seeds and ****** Liverpool in at 3rd seeds!
That's insane! Haha

The worst I've come across with a 'smaller team', in Sporting Lisbon.. was Barcelona, Roma and Newcastle (who somehow finished in the top 4 at the end of the first season).

Another decent game but with the same result, we play really well but Reus nets a late penalty to confirm the 3 points for them but we have shown again we can hang with the big boys.

Unlucky, giving away a pently in the last quarter. heartbearking man.

Running away with the league whilst Pjaca is now joint top goalscorer along with topping the assists charts and average rating chart.

Best Player - Pjaca - 12 goals and 12 assists
This guy looks great and at only 19, surely has plenty of developing still to do!

League Title Is Confirmed With 4 games to go
We done on winning the league, first year in charge! May you get many more pieces of silverware.

We draw another tough group with Man Utd, Shakhtar and Schalke! One group has Galatasary as a second seed and Basel as a 3rd seed and we get that kind of a draw!
Ha, awh man....you have no luck at all. Next thing you know...Angelo will score against you in your game with Man Utd ;P

One of my key attacking players Junior Fernandes is out for 10 Months!!!
9-10 months...have faith, maybe he'll be back in 9! Haha. I see though your tradition at Limerick has continued here!

At least you are back at the top of the table where you belong.

Only got around to reading this now, as you can see from all the quotes. Great story so far man, keep up the good work.

Hopefully you are luckier with injuries and next season's CL group!

Last edited:
Thanks mate, im pretty unlucky with groups and injuries but im pretty happy as ive just picked up a couple of massive signings for the club!

Dinamo

View attachment 229161

January 2016

Winter Transfer Window Play by Play

So first off we pulled off a major coup buying 21 year old central midfielder Josip Radosevic for just £3.6Million, i know its a bit of an outlay for us but i feel the re-sale value could be massive

View attachment 229160

Former Club Captain Antolic leaves for £1Million

View attachment 229159

Nice bit of a bonus from Vsraljko moving to another club

View attachment 229158

Striker Hodzkic leaves for just £350k

View attachment 229157

So i decided to just go for it when i saw Eder Balanta available and splashed the cash breaking all sorts of transfer records for Dinamo but again the resale value should be massive

View attachment 229156

Croatian League Round-up

View attachment 229155

Balanta is a massive signing for Dinamo Zagreb. He is proven in FM so he is guaranteed to sell for a huge fee!

Balanta is a massive signing for Dinamo Zagreb. He is proven in FM so he is guaranteed to sell for a huge fee!
Thanks man, i know its a big outlay for us but i thought we should be guaranteed at least double of that transfer fee when we sell him on.

Dinamo

View attachment 228533

February 2016

February Results

View attachment 228513

Not a bad restart to the season, i think playing a shed-load of friendlies during the winter break helped massively with our fitness and form.
In the league it was 4 televised games all won and the last 3 by the same scoreline of 2-0, in the cup we struggled against main rivals Hajduk in the Cup though only managing a 2-2 draw and we were even 2-0 up a one point but they came back and we have it all to play for in the 2nd leg.

League Table

View attachment 228510

13 points clear of second placed Rijeka with Hajduk down in 3rd, our feeder club Lokomotiva also look in trouble of getting relegated this season.

Best Player - Eder Balanta - Perfect start to his life at Dinamo Zagreb

View attachment 228509

Dinamo

View attachment 228493

March 2016

We sell defender Lee Addy to Dnipro for a nominal fee

View attachment 228487

So after a 2-2 draw against Hajduk in the 1st leg of the Croatia Cup Quarter Finals we succumbed to a poor 2-1 loss in the 2nd leg and got knocked out of the cup with Sigali getting sent off late on an extra kick in the teeth

View attachment 228486

A couple of decent prospects who will have to be retrained into positions that match our tactic, why is it any good youth intake players are in positions you dont use!

View attachment 228485View attachment 228483

My strikers havent been up to much in recent months especially Kuranyi so i brought in Barcos on a free transfer a striker who has 4 caps for Argentina

View attachment 228482

March Results

View attachment 228479

So it was a relatively quiet month with just 4 games, we started it badly with the already mentioned Cup defeat to Hajduk.
We got back on track well by beating league rivals Rijeka comfortably 3-1 thanks to a brace from Soudani and then beating Split, We ended the month the same as how we started it struggling against Hajduk this time in the league as we only managed a 0-0 bore draw.

League Table

View attachment 228478

8 points clear at the top of the table with 9 games to go, Isnt weird one of the top Goalscorers in the league is named like Hajduk the team, also Milevskyi from Hajduk has been in fine form, hes a bit of an FM hero for me when i used to play as Shakhtar Donetsk the two players you always wanted to nab from Dynamo Kyiv was Milevskyi and Mykhalyk.

Best Player - Marko Pjaca

View attachment 228477

Milevskyi, haven't heard that one in a while... Great transfers, Radosevic and Balanta are beasts, you'll definitely sell them for at least a double fee.
Also, may i bother you for a link to your Limerick story? I haven't read that one but i see that is often mentioned in this forums...

Milevskyi, haven't heard that one in a while... Great transfers, Radosevic and Balanta are beasts, you'll definitely sell them for at least a double fee.
Also, may i bother you for a link to your Limerick story? I haven't read that one but i see that is often mentioned in this forums...
Thanks mate, ive done 4 Limerick saves over 3 FM's but i reckon the best two are the 1st onehttp://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2013-manager-stories/124712-limerick-fc-not-joke.html and the most recent onehttp://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2015-manager-stories/247350-limerick-fc-4th-not-joke.html

Dinamo

View attachment 228361

April 2016

Thanks to all these European Qualifiers it takes less than 2 seasons to rack up 100 games with Dinamo Zagreb

View attachment 228347

April Results

View attachment 228346

A near perfect month with 4 league wins from 4 as we dominate the matches netting 14 goals across 4 matches with the only slight downside being we only managed one clean sheet.

League Table

View attachment 228335

10 points clear at the top of the table with Rijeka in second, im taking a serious look at their Top Goalscorer Hristov as i would love to not only strengthen my attacking options but also damage a rivals.

Best Player - Josip Radosevic

View attachment 228334

Dinamo

View attachment 228321

May 2016

So as i mentioned in the previous post were 10 points clear at the top of the table but most of my squad wasnt impressed when i told them i expect them to win the Title! They only need 1 point!

View attachment 228320

Even after the squads moaning we comfortably beat Rijeka in the match 3-0 and won the League Title

View attachment 228318

Dinamo Do the Double

View attachment 228317

6th Place in the Croatia Hall of Fame

View attachment 228316

May Results

View attachment 228315

So after we opened the month with a couple of big wins and confirmed the league title i played a few reserve team players and it showed as we lost and drew in our next couple of matches before ending the season on a high thanks to a 3-1 win against Split.

League Table

View attachment 228314

So in the end we won the league by just 8 points with Rijeka having Hristov their Top Goalscorer to thank for such a good season.

And finally in the Champions League Final Bayern Munich beat Barcelona 1-0.

View attachment 228313

100 games in charge and 6th in the Croatia hall of fame! Not too shabby :p

Crazy that in those two starting lineups, Barca and Bayern, there's only one player who isn't at that club in real life - two if you count Song on loan from Barca (and maybe Hojbjerg)

EDIT: Schweinsteiger too, but who expected him to leave?

Just caught up with this, your doing a great job with the finances, and hopefully youll get that break-through in the champions league before long, im sure balanta is goong to be a huge help!

100 games in charge and 6th in the Croatia hall of fame! Not too shabby :p
Their hall of fame must be shocking if i can get into it that quickly!

Crazy that in those two starting lineups, Barca and Bayern, there's only one player who isn't at that club in real life - two if you count Song on loan from Barca (and maybe Hojbjerg)

EDIT: Schweinsteiger too, but who expected him to leave?
They have spent big money on players too just must not be playing them, Bayern have Volland for £28Million and Barca bought Mane for almost £30Million too.
Just caught up with this, your doing a great job with the finances, and hopefully youll get that break-through in the champions league before long, im sure balanta is goong to be a huge help!
Yeah my finances are starting to look real nice now hoping i can sell the likes of Kranevitter and Balanta for double their values

Dinamo

View attachment 227987

May 2016
End of Season Stats and Awards

Squad In Order of Most Apps

View attachment 227986

Top Goalscorer - Hilal Soudani netted 17 goals for us despite missing such large chunks of the season due to injury he was still our Top Goalscorer.

View attachment 227985

Best Player - Marko Pjaca - 16 goals for Pjaca who had another brilliant season for us but also got 18 assists.

View attachment 227984

Best Young Player - Our young centre back Filip Benkovic was a standout in the heart of our defence this season

View attachment 227983

Pjaca Wins Player of the Year

View attachment 227982

Only 3 Players Make the Team of the Year

View attachment 227981

Pjaca Easily Wins Fans Player of the Year

View attachment 227980

Best Eleven - This Season

View attachment 227979

Dinamo

View attachment 227910

June/July 2016 - Part 1

Summer Transfer Window Play by Play Before the Season Starts

Kuranyi set to retire next Year

View attachment 227909

Halilovic Stays For Another Year

View attachment 227908

So Vukojevic's Contract was up with Dynamo Kyiv but he refused to sign with us and stayed with them for another 2 years

View attachment 227907

So despite signing a new deal with Kyiv hes joined us on loan again for another season were we just pay his wages

View attachment 227906

We sign an 81 Year Old Coach!

View attachment 227905

Pavicic Joins Basel for £2.6Million

View attachment 227903

So after all those players out we bringing in 4 signings on free transfers, First off a Centre back Hegazi who is more of a squad player but then we brought in young Croatian Keeper Delac from Chelsea, Scot Steven Fletcher from Sunderland and finally the most impressive free transfer Mattias Kranevitter a brilliant DMC with a lot of potential

View attachment 227902

Delac is also a great addition. Fletcher is meh in RL, but in FM is overpowered as ****. Kranevitter, brilliant.
And Miroslav "Ciro" Blazevic, there is no manager like him. Old, senile frak but it's quite enjoyable to listen to all those bullshiit he says. :D