Dinamo Zagreb Money Making Youth Challenge

Man... It sure feels odd to see players like Balanta, Kraneviter or Fletcher in Croatia...
...but I guess that is proof of how much has Dinamo's reputation has improved since your arrival.

As expected the Prva league is too small for Dinamo (in cases like this is where I would love to see a Balcanic league with all the big squads from the region there like Dinamo, Partizan, Red Star, Hajduk Split, Vojvodina, Zeleznicar, Maribor, Zeta, Rijeka...), as for Europe... well, you've been unlucky so far but the team sure has put up quite a good fight despite the odds. Maybe on the third will be the charm and you'll be able to go a bit farther.

Anyway, keep up the good work and keep fishing in Balcanic squads and developing Balcanic (specially Croatian) talents. ^^

Delac is also a great addition. Fletcher is meh in RL, but in FM is overpowered as ****. Kranevitter, brilliant.
And Miroslav "Ciro" Blazevic, there is no manager like him. Old, senile frak but it's quite enjoyable to listen to all those bullshiit he says. :D
Yes Fletcher is pants in real life but has had a brilliant first season for me, im remembering as the Goalscorer from Scottish League which is higher than our league at the moment.
Man... It sure feels odd to see players like Balanta, Kraneviter or Fletcher in Croatia...
...but I guess that is proof of how much has Dinamo's reputation has improved since your arrival.

As expected the Prva league is too small for Dinamo (in cases like this is where I would love to see a Balcanic league with all the big squads from the region there like Dinamo, Partizan, Red Star, Hajduk Split, Vojvodina, Zeleznicar, Maribor, Zeta, Rijeka...), as for Europe... well, you've been unlucky so far but the team sure has put up quite a good fight despite the odds. Maybe on the third will be the charm and you'll be able to go a bit farther.

Anyway, keep up the good work and keep fishing in Balcanic squads and developing Balcanic (specially Croatian) talents. ^^
Free transfers is what im after to give me maximum return especially now im a few seasons in theirs some decent players available but like the Delac signing suggest im still after the Croatian's! A Super league or Cup would be awesome with all the big teams on my Limerick save they have an All Ireland Cup with the North Ireland so it would be similar to that.

Missed this one starting up, Just reads through and as always thoroughly enjoy reading your stories!

Dinamo

View attachment 227666

July 2016 - Champions League 2nd Qualifying Rnd

We draw Welsh side TNS in the Champions League Qualifiers

View attachment 227665

Duje Cop and Marcelo Brozovic leave for a combined £5.5Millon, they have been on loan for the entire time i have been with the club and their deals were already sorted to go through. A shame as they are both decent players for this level and both Croatian.

View attachment 227664View attachment 227663

Boca Sign Our Former Top Goalscorer - Soudani

View attachment 227662

Taravel Joins Bordeaux for £400k

View attachment 227661

1st Leg V TNS - Away

View attachment 227660

A dominant 7-0 win in our first match with new signing Fletcher netting a Hattrick, two of his goals may of been penalties but im happy with him and his replacement Olmo netted too.

2nd Leg V TNS - Home

View attachment 227658

Just as dominant a performance but we just didnt get the goals like last time but Fletcher did net again!

Stromsgodset Up Next

View attachment 227657

Dinamo

View attachment 227604

July 2016

So were back to being joint favourites again with Rijeka this season, Hajduk are predicted 3rd place despite spending a fair bit of money for them but on a sad note they sold Milevskyi!

View attachment 227603

A dominant performance in the Croatian Super Cup with Cekici and Radosevic getting the goals in a massively one sided game against our Main Title Rivals this season with the only downside Fletcher going off injured

View attachment 227602

Champions League 3rd Qualifying Rnd

1st Leg V Stromsgodset - Away

View attachment 227601

A shocker of a match for us as we go from 1-0 up to losing 2-1 in a match we dominated, We ended the match with just 8 players after Benkovic, Balanta, and Vukojevic all get sent off in the second half which allowed them to get their winner and worse of all i had already used all of my subs so couldnt bring any defensive players on!

July Results

View attachment 227600

So along with the already mentioned matches we had 3 games in the league which we won rather easily netting 11 goals in just 3 games and beating Title Rivals Rijeka in the very first game of the new season.

League Table

View attachment 227599

Despite not doing a lot since being signed last season Hernan Barcos has netted 3 times already this season even though they might all be penalties thats not a bad return!

Best Player - Endri Cekici - 4 Goals and 3 Assists in 7 games

View attachment 227598

Dinamo

View attachment 227597

August 2016 - Champions League

Champions League 3rd Qualfying rnd

2nd Leg V Stromsgodset - Home

View attachment 227596

So after losing the 1st leg mainly due to our 3 red cards we dominated the 2nd leg smashing them 5-0 and comfortably going through 6-2 on aggregate.

We Draw Videoton in the Playoffs

View attachment 227593

Champions League Playoff

1st Leg V Videoton - Away

View attachment 227592

Just a 1-0 win away from home despite a decent display we just couldnt find the back of the net and it took a wondergoal from Vukojevic to separate us.

Not what we need right now as Key Midfielder Machado out for 6 Months!

View attachment 227591

Fletcher's Out Too

View attachment 227590

2nd Leg V Videoton - Home

View attachment 227589

We absolutely bossed this game from start to finish with over 40 odd shots to their 4, but it took a couple of forced Substitions from injury to change the game with Junior Fernandes netting twice late on, Hes the guy whos just been out for 10 Months so it was a brilliant moment!

Champions League Groups Drawn

View attachment 227588

There is no amazing team in here but sometimes it can be even harder when you face 3 good teams than a Giant and a rubbish team​

Dinamo

View attachment 227534

August 2016

Our RB Ivo Pinto joins Lille for £4.1Million

View attachment 227533

Ive actually got a replacement RB sorted but it was after the Deadline so we wont get him until the Winter Break.

All in all 4 players come in on free transfers along with 2 loan renewals compared to £16Million coming in but we only really lost two first team players in Soudani and Pinto.

View attachment 227532

August Results

View attachment 227531

4 wins out of 5 in the league as we start the month off with a bore draw against Zagreb before rattling off 4 straight wins in the league with young Winger Brekalo having a real breakout month including a Hattrick against Zadar.

League Table

View attachment 227530

4 points clear at the top of the table already whilst 19 year old Winger Brekalo is joint second in the Goalscoring charts.

Best Player - Eder Balanta

View attachment 227529

Dinamo

View attachment 227528

September 2016

Injury Crisis Before Dortmund Game

View attachment 227527

So despite all of our injuries we did pretty good to lose by just the 1 goal especially in German where we gave them a very good game.

Rijeka Break Our 10 League Game Unbeaten Run

View attachment 227526

We played Shakhtar up next and if anything we really should have won this game, we had the better chances and more possession but im happy with a 1-1 draw and my very 1st point in the Champions League.

September Results

View attachment 227525

So apart from those back to back losses we suffered the rest of the month we faired a lot better, we won our other two league games and started well in the Croatian Cup putting 4 past Solin.

League Table

View attachment 227524

Just the 3 points clear of Hajduk now after our loss to Rijeka but Rijeka have struggled against everybody else and are still 10 points off the pace.

Best Player - Steven Fletcher- 12 goals in 16 starts, a few have been penalties but he certainly knows how to put the ball in the back of the net.

View attachment 227522

3 red cards in the one game is ridiculous! Doing very nicely though, making progress and a profit!

Dinamo

View attachment 227417

October 2016

Kranevitter Wins 1st Argentina Cap

View attachment 227414

Still Getting Money from the Vrsaljko Deal

View attachment 227413

0-0 draw away from home against Benfica i will take that thank you very much!

View attachment 227412

October Results

View attachment 227409

3 wins out of 4 in the league as we drop points at the start of the month to Slaven Belupo, we were lucky to even get a draw with DMC Vukojevic netting yet another wonderstrike in the 87th minute to draw things level.
We also comfortably beat a lower league side in the Cup with young Winger Brekalo again in fine form.

League Table

View attachment 227407

7 points clear at the top and my defenders are dominating the average ratings charts thanks to our just 10 league goals conceded in 15 league games.

Best Player - Filip Benkovic

View attachment 227403

Dinamo

View attachment 227273

November 2016

Kuranyi netted a late equalizer against Benfica in a game that we really should have won after dominating the proceedings from the outset.

View attachment 227272

Oh Yes! Dinamo Win A Game! Dinamo Win a Game! We beat Borussia Dortmund at our place 3-2 and were even 3-0 up at one point and as each goal they scored went in i got more and more defensive and worried but we managed to hold out!

View attachment 227271

So it was all to play for in the Final game we could have even made the Knockout stages a massive turn around after not even gaining a point in our first two years in the group stages but Shakhtar comfortably beat us 3-1 and the dream ended but we do have Europa League football to look forward to after the winter break.

View attachment 227270

So we finish 3rd place ahead of Benfica after a brilliant Group stage of 3 draws and 1 Win out of 6 group matches

View attachment 227269

November Results

View attachment 227268

After our 3 Champions League games we only played 3 league games winning two but dropping points to Osijek with a 1-1 draw.

League Table

View attachment 227267

5 points clear at the top of the table with an impressive 14 league wins in our opening 18 league games and we have conceded just 13 league goals.

Best Player - Alex Matel - I have already sorted out a new RB which is kind of sad as this RB from our reserves has done pretty good!

View attachment 227266

Dinamo

View attachment 227265

December 2016

December Results

View attachment 227264

So we played just two games before the end of the year drawing 0-0 with Rijeka our Title Rivals but then ended the year on a high with a 2-0 win over Slaven Belupo.

League Table

View attachment 227262

6 points clear at the top of the table but Hajduk have a game in hand on us, we still really need a Prolific striker in the league, Hajduk have 2.

Best Player - Steven Fletcher - 17 goals in 25 games but hes always got a niggling injury!

View attachment 227261

And now something that i didnt believe i could get done after months of grinding him down we signed Spain and Barca Legend Xavi!!!!!

View attachment 227260View attachment 227259

Everyone Wants A Xavi Shirt

View attachment 227258

I've been a avid reader of this story, finally a game won in europe good on your team. Plus it now Xavimania for the club.

Dinamo

View attachment 227119

Winter Transfer Window - Jan 2017

Tough draw in the Europa League as we get Italian side Roma

View attachment 227118

I Sign a new 3 Year Deal

View attachment 227117

Ricardo van Rhijn Signs from Ajax for £5.25Million

View attachment 227116

My two backup RB's Matel and Sigali leave for a joint £3.5Million after van Rhijn's arrival

View attachment 227115View attachment 227114

Ouch Delac out for 5 Months

View attachment 227113

Heres the New Starting 11

View attachment 227112

It might be a shock that my second choice GK leaves after Delac's injury

View attachment 227110

But i managed to bring in a much better short term replacement for a small fee in Costil

View attachment 227108

Croatian Window Roundup

View attachment 227107

Great win over Dortmund, the team is starting to show their quality.

Rhijn is a fantastic right back, I had him at Ajax in last years FM...pure quality.

Hopefully you can overcome Roma in the Europa League! :)

Great win over Dortmund, the team is starting to show their quality.

Rhijn is a fantastic right back, I had him at Ajax in last years FM...pure quality.

Hopefully you can overcome Roma in the Europa League! :)

Thank mate doing better in Europe but a little concerned with how little some of my bigger players are getting noticed, Balanta has a lot of interest and is valued at £6Million and if i offer him out at around £12Million i dont even get a tiny bite!

Dinamo

View attachment 226916

February 2017

Europa League 1st Knockout Rnd

1st Leg V Roma - Home

View attachment 226915

We had more of the ball and the bettter chances but our attackers had a shocker in front of goal and defenders were just as bad.

2nd Leg V Roma - Away

View attachment 226913

Another game that went the same way and had the same outcome, we had better chances and more possession but they new where the back of the net was.

February Results

View attachment 226912

So we had a shocker this month after winning a couple of games this month in the league we then only managed a draw against Lokomotiva and then lost to Hajduk. We did however beat Osijek comfortably in the Quarter FInals of the Croatian Cup.

League Table

View attachment 226911

7 points clear at the top of the table still despite our poor month in the league and we still have only conceded 18 goals in 24 games.

Best Player - Josip Radosevic

View attachment 226910