Disclaimer89's English Premier League Chairman Game - FM 2014 Edition

Which database would you chairmen prefer to use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Henry welcomes new players to the club

View attachment 584506

The transfer window has been just as busy as expected at Liberty Stadium, with chairman Thierry Henry signing as many as 15 new players so far in the transfer window. Six young players from Fulham has already been confirmed, and today it is time for nine new names to be presented.

Nacer Chadli is the biggest name, as the left winger signs from Tottenham. Three other wingers are also joining the club; Callum McManaman from Everton, Pablo Sarabia from Getafe and Lee Chung-Young on a free transfer from Bolton. The offensive midfielder Alberto Bueno signs from Rayo Vallecano and Icelandic international striker Kolbeinn Sigporsson joins the club from Ajax. Costa Rica international goalkeeper Keylor Navas comes on a free transfer from Levante, and wingback Emerson joins from Brazilian club Santos. Further, Henry also signed another youngster, in american U20 international goalie Les Bradley.

Thierry Henry commented his transfer signings like this:
"I am delighted to bring in a large number of new players to the squad. The whole board is confident this will help the club getting back into the top half of the Premier League already this season, as well as building for the future."

On the other side of the transfer net, midfielder Jonjo Shelvey has signed for Arsenal in a deal believed to be worth around 8m. Graham Dorrans has left the club to join Wolverhampton, and as confirmed before Ben Davies has left the club for Fulham, leaving Swansea with a positive transfer net.

Asked about the search for a new manager and the rest of the transfer window, Henry revealed some more news:
"We have agreed a deal with a manager, who will be presented in the next couple of days. My transfer dealings are therefor over, and I will hand over the responsibility for further transfers to the new manager."

Last edited:
New season, new manager, new players

View attachment 382202

Its been all change at Cardiff City this summer, we have a new manager in Roberto Mancini and a nearly new starting xi. Hopefully the team will start playing some more attacking football under Mancini and it is hoped the new recruits will facilitate this.

Unfortunately my youtube account was shut down, something about operation yewtree, my legal team have said I can?t say much, but suffice to say, there aren't many youngsters joining city this year.

The manager signed two players from Hull, before the transfer window opened, we will be lodging a complaint with the FA about suspicious transfer activity.

We are however elated to welcome back Kurt Zouma and Will Hughes on season long loans. Brede Hangeland, although ancient, will replace the outgoing Dede at centre back.

Our attacking lineup has improved this year with Lucas Piazon, the young attacking Brazilian to play left wing, and Willian, an experienced Brazilian will operate in the attacking midfield role behind our new, shiny striker, Wilfried Bony. Both Bony and Willian were out of favour at their previous clubs so we were able to snap them up for a fraction of their real cost.

Zucilini replaces the outgoing Medel to add some defensive mindedness to our midfield players. We also have Oriol Romeu back at the club after a six month loan period last season.

Our wages have increased massively this transfer window, it is hoped that the manager clears on some dead wood, aka, hull city players, to reduce our wages. However we still have money in the bank so should still turn a profit come the end of the season.

View attachment 382201View attachment 382200View attachment 382199
(left to right - Willian, looks shocked to find out there is more than one city in England, having thought he signed for Man City, turns up in Cardiff. He hadn't even heard of Wales before. Zucilini quit the construction industry at a young age. Lucas Piazon's failed modelling career, photo credit: sainsbury's food magazine)

View attachment 382196

Birthday Boy Sugar Explains lack of transfer

Given that he had just taken over the reigns of the current champions of England, it may come as a surprise to most people that Alan Sugar instructed Manager Jose Mourinho not to buy any players this window but to instead trim the wage budget and shift the deadwood. Here is a special quote from the Lord the day after his Birthday celebrations.

As we won the premier league last year, I felt it was only fair that the current first team squad got the chance to prove that they are more than capable to defend their crown at the top of the league. Like I said in my last statement, I wanted to make sure we got rid of some of the players who I deemed not to have a future at the club and also to give some of the younger players some game time they might not receive here. I have no doubts in my mind that if we are not where I want us to be come the next transfer window, with the transfers out and the budget we had planned at the start of the season, Jose will have a significant war chest to go out and snap up whichever player he desires.

View attachment 382195
Apologies to whoever I did not reply to on time on deadline day, it was my birthday yesterday so I have had a hectic weekend away from my laptop.

View attachment 382194

MANCHESTER UNITED ANNOUNCE NEW SIGNING

Manchester United today announced their new signing, Ricado Rodriguez amidst a packed press conference. In a summer window which was potentially seen as one in which they needed to consolidate and perform well in the transfer market after their disastrous previous seasons, United have made just one signing in the transfer window, that of Ricardo Rodriguez. Rodriguez, is ideally a left back, and played for Wolfsburg last season, where he was very highly regarded. The chairman, Sherlock, had this to say..

"Well, I'm very pleased to have got our man. We needed some shoring up in the left-back department, especially with Patrice Evra getting old, and Nicola Murru still being rather young. Ricardo offers a perfect blend of youth and experience, and is a regular for his national side. That experience, I am sure, will be very valuable for the team this season. It may take Ricardo some time to adapt to the English style of play, but I have no doubt in my mind that he'll step up to the challenge and prove his doubters wrong."

The chairman also had this to say regarding the surprising lack of transfer business, especially considering they had more money than most teams.

"Well, it was to be expected. The core of the team is still good, they just weren't able to gel along well together. I'm hoping that won't be an issue this season. Manchester United have never been about splurging the cash on whatever players were available. We took a deep, hard look at our squad, and decided we wanted to mainly strengthen the Left Back department, and we've done so successfully with a very consistent performer. Whether we need to make any more signings or not, I'll leave it upto the manager. Since he is the one managing the teams and deciding the roster, I'll provide him with the cash to make any more signings, if need fit. People have always loved to write Manchester United off, but be warned, you do so at your own peril.
"

A strange bit of thoughts coming from the Chairman, who had claimed that he wasn't entirely happy with the transfers as it happened before. Yet, he has only added one player to his ranks, while not being able to remove anybody off the wage bill. Whether the Chairman continues to be so woefully inconsistent or whether he will pick himself up, remains to be seen. However, for United fans, this maybe an ambivalent window, as while they're rid of the previous administration, their new owner seems mroe tight-fisted, having hardly made a dent in the window. Whether or not he lives uptoi his word of providing his manager with more funds remains to be seen..

Watch this space..

Sure, any chairman wishing to give their manager a budget, pm me details...otherwise budget will be set to 0.

I can't PM you later today, and your PMs are full right now, so can you give Pulis a budget of 7 million to spend.

Thanks

Aston Villa Transfers

We are with the Aston villa chairman on his thoughts on his new signings Cedric Mongongu and Victor Moses.

'It was always going to be hard to get a lot of people in giving that I only became chairman of Villa 2 hours before the deadline! But I'm very happy we have been able to bring Mongongu and Moses both young and bring that extra depth and quality that is so badly needed if we are going to survive'.

'I brought in Moses and Mongongu but Owen Coyle will also have his say and have some money to play with and we are optimistic that we can avoid relegation and then really mark our authority on the team next summer and start challenging for a europa spot'.

Pundits believe that Aston Villa current squad will struggle to survive with a lack of quality in depth especially up front but with a few key signings who knows what the future will bring!

Arsenal_FC.svg

Arnie Discusses the ins and outs and the reasons behind his transfers!

There has been an awful lot of movement recently at Arsenal, firstly the manager Old Gunnar Solskjaer moved to Tottenham which has been met with anger from the Arsenal faithful who feel he did a great job steering them away from relegation!

Now there have been lots of goings on in the transfer market.

Daniel Sturridge arrives from Man city in a swap deal for Oscar, this move had already been anticipated as these 2 players had already been playing for their new clubs for most of last season on loan but today have finally made the move permanent!

"We needed another striker when Diego Costa was out last season and Sturridge did brilliantly, I' glad we are able to keep him and then we can have good rotation for the top spot!"

Jonjo Shelvey joins from Swansea for 8m and was a bit of a shock when it was announced!

"Jurgen and I both agree that Shelvey has more talent than he has been showing lately. We needed a new Central midfielder and he was top of the list of players Jurgen wanted to bring in so I made it happen! I think he is a great player, he works hard and his shiny head is lovely! We are hoping he can form a strong partnership with Wanyama in the midfield"

Eduardo Vargas joins from Chelsea for 8m, many fans have been a little apprehensive of a player who was been in Chelsea's reserve squad for the last year

"Vargas is a good player who likes to play up front but can play on the left wing too! We needed a flexible player who can fill in at multiple positions and that is who we have!"

Arsenal splashed the cash on Centre back Diego Reyes and Right Back Sakai for a combined total of 37m. We asked the big man what we can expect from these 2.

"Well it's simple, these guys are here for the future and will go straight into the first team. I want to build a team who will challenge for the top for many years to come and they will be an integral part of this."

Ignacio Camacho also joins on a free after his contract at Malaga (I think!) ended.

Camacho is another guy we really like! he has great skills and can't understand why they let him leave!

For all these incomings players had to leave! Oscar was the first in exchange for Sturridge but then Cuadrado also wet to Man City in a deal believed to be around 15m. Cuadrado was behind a few players and was unlikely to get much game time so had to go!

Will Hughes (loan), Wilfred Bony and Natxo Monreal went to Cardiff for a combined 14m. A lot of deals going to Cardiff, are you trying to form a frienship there?

"well yes we liked the Welsh clubs! we did have a good relationship with the former Swansea boss and I hope we can emulate the same with Cardiff!"

Other players who left were Arteta on a free to Wigan, Mertesacker on a free to Hull, Trippier for 1m to Newcastle, Lucas Romero on loan to Nottingham Forest.

"We needed to get rid of some of the old guard and we have done this here to make room for the new boys!"

Let's see if all this change will help push Arsenal back up the league and into Champions league once again!

(Sorry it was a long one....giggity ;) )

NORWICH SIGN PLAYERS (WHO WON'T FLOP FOR A CHANGE!)
View attachment 382134
It has been, as usual, a busy summer transfer window for the canaries as chairman Viktor Brezhnev spoke to a few different clubs in regards to who they could bring in to the mid-table club. Jermain Defoe signs for 1million from Cardiff City, where he has scored double figures for both seasons he spent in Wales. The former England striker is a consummate professional who should help to score goals as Norwich seek a top 10 finish for the first time in 20 years.
Second was a more complicated affair as Norwich also signed Fulham star Kostas Mitroglou for 4million from the Cottagers with Ryan Bennett and Gary Hooper going the other way. Manager Malky Mackay was delighted to secure his signature as he's a fantastic player who also regularly gains more than 10 goals.
Three free transfers have also come into the club which should help to bulk up the side. Last season's free signings: Gareth Barry, Craig Gardner and Rio Ferdinand all flopped but the club have now brought in Giampaolo Pazzini, Ludovic Obraniak and Clement Chantome who all have international caps and champions league experience.
Leaving were also some players on free transfers but both the board and the coaching staff were pleased to see the back of several poor-quality players. Rio Ferdinand, the Man Utd legend failed the set the world alight during his year at the club and moves onto Wolves alongside fellow reserve player Anthony Pilkington. Dimitar Berbatov also left to Crystal Palace having scored only 1 goal in 6 league appearances last year.
The chairman also confirmed that they were aiming to give 4million to Malkay Mackay to make his own acquisitions and that if the club failed to beat the spot at 13th in the table (where the club have finished both of the last two seasons) he will be gone.

View attachment 382121View attachment 382120View attachment 382119View attachment 382116View attachment 382115

View attachment 382104

Finances have been updated!!
(Check page 1 of the thread)

I am in the middle of uploading the save from last nights update; had a few issues last night with the internet which prevented me doing so then. Any chairmen who PM'd me with budget updates see these reflected in the save. (The save will be placed in the latest transfer update post, couple pages back)

I will be simming the game until the end of August tomorrow night.

Last edited:
Bert, Ernie, Elmo and Cookie Monster's Guide to the Summer Transfer Dealings at Fulham

View attachment 382000View attachment 381999View attachment 381998View attachment 381997

Happy Independence Day to one and all..... It might be the 19th May in the real world, but in pretend Disclaimer-world it's the beginning of July and we're all about to the celebrate the day on which we whooped you sorry bunch of limey bastards out of our country....

So take some time to remember everything that's great about the US of A - Pumpkin Pie, Seinfeld, Pamela Anderson, The Muppets and Justin Timberlake.... (well, ok, maybe not the last one).

Anyhoooooo..... Back to the matter of our summer transfers...... :) :)

It was a fairly quiet summer down here at Craven Street (cough) which has seen thirteen new friends join us, for what should be an historic season here in West London, and ten sorry excuses for human beings were let go to some other clubs.

Departed
As per last season, once you leave us, you're considered dead to us.... Heitinga, Hangeland and Mitrologu that means you..... Vydra, we'll see you again after a year (maybe).... and God knows who Plumain, Richmond, Donnelly, Baba (!!!!), Woodrow & Roberts were, but they've gone now....

Recruited
Many, many, many new faces joined us.... In order of how good we think they'll be, then here's a brief introduction to each of them:-

1. Fred. Brazilian. AMC. 19.0m. Stellar signing who will bring some of that South American flair and style to our modern and exciting way of playing.... Either that or he'll be as useless as Robinho. We also love his name. Who the **** is he named after anyway. Are there any famous Fred's in Brazil? Did his mother fancy Mr. Flintstone or is it a throwback to Fred Savage from the Wonder Years.....

2. Louis Holtby. English (he's not German, shup). AMC. 14.0m. (to the tune of I Just Can't Get Enough) When I'm watching Holtby, I go out of my head. And I just can't get enough, I just can't get enough. All the smiles he has for us and everything he said. And I just can't get enough, I just can't get enough. He runs and tackles, leaves the oppo for dead. And I just can't seem to get enough of etc...... Nuff said, wicked cool :)

3. Jerome Boateng. German (ok, he is). DC. Free. I'm sorry what.... we got him for free..... Yup that's what happened. We did wonder why Bayern Munich released him on a free, but, not for very long.

4. Saido Berahino. English (ish...). SC. 10.0m. Our assault on Europe needs fine young Englishman... We scouted John Smith, Bob Jones and Steve Harris..... But settled on Saido. Born in Burundi (it's near Swindon apparently) he will lead our attack next season.

5. Gary Medel. Chilean. MC. 14.5m. We required a strong battling midfielder. So we called our good friend Njmclare down in Cardiff and he said we could have Gazza Medel.... We offered 8m, he said 10m, we offered 12m, he said 14.5m.... At that point we removed Grover from the negotiation process. Big things are expected from this signing.

6. Alvaro Morata. Spanish. SC. Loan. Tried bringing him in during the last transfer window, but the FA deemed him "too good" for Fulham.... A few bribes later and hey presto.... We're very excited to have one of Europe's top talents for the season. All going well we'll buy him in 12 months time.

7. Ben Davies. Welsh. DL. 7.5m. Our weakest position last season by far. Need for more British players meant we decided to look over the Severn Bridge towards Wales. Ben has promised to convert to an Englishman within 5 years. Is predicted to be our player of the year next season....Although he was the only one who voted.

8. Dede. Brazilian. DC. 13.0m. Legendary Brazilian centre back who previously played for Fluminense, AC Milan and PSG. We can't believe we managed to sign him, 13m is a fricking bargain...... Sorry what.... That's Thiago Silva.... So who the **** did we buy.... Who?..... F*cking Dede.... That's the last time Grover gets involved in a transfer deal. We're sure he's good. He'd want to be for 13m as well. Will be having words with Njmclare though :(

9. Danilo D'Ambrosio. Italian. DR. 2.0m. No, we're not sure either, but we needed cover for Sam Byram.

10. Kevin Mendez. Uruguayan. AMC. 3.0m. John Cross, of the Daily Mirror, is a fine journalist and on the 26 Nov 13 he wrote a super article about this young player, ever since we've made it our mission to sign him. Doesn't have an English wikipedia page though, which is worrying.... But he does have pretty cool youtube video about him (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPalnnEmV5M)

11. Gary Hooper. English. SC. Free. Needed English players, Gary is English. Done.

12. Ryan Bennett. English. DC. Free. Needed English players, Ryan is English. Done.

13. Tom Carroll. English. MC. 4.0m. Needed English players, Tom is English. Done.

Good luck to all the new teams and here's hoping for another top 8 finish this season.

The Fulham Collective

Last edited:
Everton Chairman still promises a Champions League football
View attachment 381881
A
rticle wrote by bornexplorer88

To the Toffee faithful,
"I have just bought this magnificent club {...} our priority is to consistently qualify for the UEFA Champions League, the managers target it two trophies in a three season period.
{...} I will make a significant investment to clear club debt"
Statement released by Neville Southall after his takeover of Everton in the summer of 2013, two seasons ago.

A few fans enjoying the sun as they queue for their new season tickets following the club latest announcement.
attachment.php
Everton football club have announced their future plans for the club on and off the field. First on the agenda, they publicly apologise for last years rollercoaster ride of a season, in fact they have said that the prices will be going down for the forthcoming season, with a plan to keep them fixed for the next three seasons. Introducing Evertons' new pricing categories which dropped all tickets in price, now averaging at 27 $ as part of its drive to provide more tickets at affordable matchday prices. In addition it continued the policy of offering prices at 10 $ for adults and 5 $ for children for home cup ties, they announce that season tickets are now cheaper than ever during their reign in the top flight of english football averaging 545 $.
attachment.php

With the recent Great Escape complete Everton look ahead with hope and this might be down to the new leader of the pack Profe Cruz. A character of great self-belief, Profe has proven ferocious in the dressing room and press conference's, he certainly isn't afraid to upset the players ego's when required. Undeniably a great talent from Chile but we there at fourfourtwo are more attracting to his initiative approach to the game. Similar to that of early German football, with the Sweeper becoming an creative attacking force from deep in defence. His 3-5-2 Sweeper/Libero formation may set his team apart this season. With it possibly giving Everton the edge over the opposition in England who often adapt one of two philosophies/setups, the 4-4-2/4-2-4 approach and the 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 style. Only time well tell if it's worth the watch but with the right personnel this formation could really turn Everton into a young contender this season.Prof Cruz has been given a sizable amount to spend, as the transition really begins this summer for the merseyside boys.

attachment.php

We are happy to announce that we have full faith in our new manager and that we can expect more under his reign. We also provide him with a few spends for this summers window. Along with our new arrivals (pictured below) we are definitely feeling confident going into this season, top four here we come!

Left to Right: John Heitinga (Fulham-free transfer); Joe Hart (Man City- p/ex); Edin Dzeko (Man City- p/ex); John Guidetti (Man City- p/ex); Javi Garcia (Man City- p/ex); Joel Campbell (FrA-free transfer); and Stephanie Ruffier (FrA-free transfer)

As the club ent
ers the summer transfer window, I would personally like to thank those who are leaving us and those who will be departing the club during this period.
attachment.php

View attachment 381882

Rumours around Everton are that Prof Cruz has been given 10m ? to spend this summer not alot really when considering they still need three or four players, to replace the talent and leadership that has left already this summer. Looks like Cruz's is going to be getting very acquainted with his scouting staff and asking for their advice over this transfer window in the hunt for bargains, SkyBet are offering 10/1 for at least two Chilean signings this summer, not a bad bet considering Profe's language limitations on the touch lines.

fourfourtwo reporter, bornexplorer88's Prediction:-
3rd-6th place, maybe a trip to Wembley is on the cards this season for Profe and his team

Last edited:
A few fans enjoying the sun as they queue for their new season tickets following the club latest announcement.
Introducing Evertons' new pricing categories which dropped all tickets in price, now averaging at 27 $ as part of its drive to provide more tickets at affordable matchday prices.

Have you really lowered the matchday price? or are you just selling hot air in the press to fans and chairmen's? ;)

View attachment 381813
Transfer News

Wolves are pleased to announce three more transfers that we managed to make in the final minutes of the transfer window. Two new faces and one returning for a second spell at Molineux.

View attachment 381812View attachment 381811View attachment 381810

Arriving from Hibs for a fee of around ?150k is 24 year old centre back Aaron Muirhead. Promising young defender signed as cover.

From relegated Blackburn Rovers, Scott Parker arrives in a deal costing ?315k. Scott's experience and leadership will be a highly valued asset to the club.

And please welcome back Leigh Griffiths for a second spell at Wolves. Leigh was signed from Leicester for a fee of just under ?1m. Hopefully he can re-create his goalscoring form that he had here the first time where he was just under a goal every 2 games for us.

Chairman Robert Plant was overjoyed with the business completed in the transfer window and is looking forward to watching his heroes in the Premiership where in about 6 weeks time they welcome Swansea to Molineux in the first match of the season.

He is also looking forward to seeing how manager Nigel Clough gets on in his first season in the top league. Lets see if the attacking 4-4-2 that got us back-to-back promotions can keep on producing the goods here in the Premiership.

Have you really lowered the matchday price? or are you just selling hot air in the press to fans and chairmen's? ;)

I want to know this aswell, are we actually aloud to change ticket prices or was it just to make a good story?

I want to know this aswell, are we actually aloud to change ticket prices or was it just to make a good story?
I have actually lowered the prices (average matchday and season ticket prices, are the only ones you can actually change) and it's makes for a good read haha... you can PM Disclaimer at the start of the season.

Last edited:
I have actually lowered the prices (average matchday and season ticket prices, are the only ones you can actually change) and it's makes for a good read haha... you can PM Disclaimer at the start of the season.

You sure knows how to give a man extra work ;)

But I think it is a very nice gesture to the fans (and story) - but don't expect a Toffees-discount in London ;)